Jimmy Johnson back in the fold? (Update Post 106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Bold> This has been a continual problem for Cowboys teams over the past three decades. I call it lack of grit, something they have repeatedly demonstrated during crucial moments in games.

It happened during the Romo years as well. One of biggest examples was the 44-6 beatdown to Philadelphia in 2008. Just laid down.

Trends are sometimes hard to define. This franchise has seen players come-and-go. Coaches hired and fired. Scouts and lower front office executives shuffled and reset. Yet it continues.
The common denominator:
Jerry W. Jones.
The culture that he had created as
GM, is as soft as Charmin.

Last edited:

Momanpr100

Reaction score
It wouldn’t matter if he was away for 50 years, winning in the NFL is simple and has been since inception. Build a strong defense that can stop the run dead in its tracks and build a strong offense with a good QB and a running game that can produce at will. Football 101.
If it was simple every team will be winning

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Great news! No one better than Jimmy Johnson to give Jerry advice concerning the Dallas Cowboys.

As for those wishing Jimmy is giving Jerry advice to move on past Dak, Jerry's contract extension he will give Dak soon enough will answer your question.
This is not a Dak thread. Get a life lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is not a Dak thread. Get a life lol
Hey, it's in the opening post!!!

Here, read it!

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

It definitely involves Dak. Grow up and get a life!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

Here, read it!

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

LOL...the loyalty and personal devotion...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
^ This. Jimmy Johnson was only joking when his Ring of Honor induction was mentioned on The Joe Rose Show. Members can listen to what Johnson said in context by clicking on the link below (audio is already set to start at the 8:20 mark/related comment lasts for less than one minute):

https://omny.fm/shows/joe-rose-show/jimmy-johnson-on-why-the-dolphins-should-extend-tu?t=8m20s

I forgot Bill Parcells' advice when I first read the story, "Don't get sucked." :laugh:

It was a nice mini-dream while it lasted though. :(
I knew everyone got his comment twisted. Some were acting like he was going to be working with Jerry again. :rolleyes:

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
PR damage control move, and looks like it's working

Jerry really knows how to play this fanbase like a fiddle

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hahahahaha another brilliant move by Jerry to bring hope back to this fan base. I'm not buying into it. Jerry will take what Jimmy says and may use some of it but will disregard what he wants and make his own decisions. Some of these idiots are still saying Daks good enough to win a SB but that's just kissing up to the marketing of the NFL.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think fans understand that Jimmy isn’t on the payroll or won’t be showing up at the facilities. It’s still a good thing that Jerry will listen to any advice from him which wasn’t even possible a few short months ago.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't take advice, he gives it. Jimmy has been away from coaching for decades. Nothing new here.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is, on paper, a positive change. At least Jerry is listening to someone from the era in which we last had success

DCwarrior

Reaction score

Here, read it!

:laugh:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
That's what real Cowboys fans do.

Aren't you a Giants fan?
Fan behavior: Boo, Cheer, Yell, Scream, Hate, Love, etc.

Cheerleader: Rah, Rah, Rah....

Who made you the arbiter of "real Cowboys fans"? Just because you grovel before the girl doesn't mean she likes you back.

"Real" fans criticize the team. Michael Irvin is not a player, he's a fan. Same for Troy, Emmitt, Moose...and they ALL CRITICIZE THE TEAM.

What you just described is a CHEERLEADER. Learn to discriminate.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Fan behavior: Boo, Cheer, Yell, Scream, Hate, Love, etc.

Cheerleader: Rah, Rah, Rah....

Who made you the arbiter of "real Cowboys fans"? Just because you grovel before the girl doesn't mean she likes you back.

"Real" fans criticize the team. Michael Irvin is not a player, he's a fan. Same for Troy, Emmitt, Moose...and they ALL CRITICIZE THE TEAM.

What you just described is a CHEERLEADER. Learn to discriminate.
You didn't answer the question:

Aren't you a Giants fan???

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You literally said it was in the post I quoted you in.
You misunderstood not surprisingly. The winning principle in the NFL is simple. Run the ball and stop the run. Now implementing it is a whole different story.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Are you? Don't be silly. Make your point...other than declaring yourself above all other fans because your prostrating devotion.
The Cowboys organization views are pretty much in step with mine and so many other fans outside of CZ. I'm not the one out of touch here.

Status
Not open for further replies.