Jimmy Johnson hasn’t heard from Jerry Jones other than statement

InTheZone

Reaction score
There's nothing either can say to fix what was done. Jerry regrets it, Jimmy has already moved on. It is what it is.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its offensive b/c Jerry's never shied away from a phone or anything that projects his voice. Suddenly, he's issuing congratulatory statements through an impersonnel press release? The snub is pretty dam obvious............and the fact Jimmy is going into the HOF as the HC of the Dallas Cowboys and missing from the teams ROH fills in the rest of the gaps for you.

It can’t be a snub when he explicitly congratulated him. By definition.

Valkyr

Reaction score
The only way Jimmy would hear from Jerry personally would be if Jerry gets wasted on gin and drunk dials him accidentally.

mmohican29

Reaction score
No surprise

Pretty crazy Lurie congratulates him but not Jerry personally

Because once JJ left, the door to relevancy was opened again. Otherwise the Eagles suffer for another 6 to 8 seasons and continue to be JJ's punching bag.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones is a narcissist. Jimmy Johnson understands who Jones is and would be most likely surprised if Jones acted in an atypical way.

In my opinion, some should change their focus from 'What Will Jones Do For Johnson' concerning the Hall and speculate entirely on what Jones might do for Johnson for the Ring Of Honor. Jones has zero control over the Hall, so any expectations of continued platitudes from Jones is a pipe dream.

On the other hand, Jones has total control over the Ring Of Honor. Jones will likely allow Johnson's addition into the Ring but only after he believes the event can be marketed as a benevolent and justified gesture on his part.

Jones believes he is right. He always believes he is right. Jones' personality will not easily permit himself from seemingly kowtowing to Johnson within an arena he holds total dominion over. I think Johnson has never held his breath waiting for Jones to 'do the right thing' and put him in the Ring for that reason. It is way past time other people began accepting the same thing.

cern

Reaction score
I think the bigger subject is will Jerry induct him into the ROH.

That would be the classy thing to do.
that's not up to jerry. jimmy chooses who will induct him. probably the triplets, each in their own gold jackets.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
that's not up to jerry. jimmy chooses who will induct him. probably the triplets, each in their own gold jackets.
ROH is the Cowboys Ring. Which is up to Jerry. I think you misread my post?

blueblood70

Reaction score
whogivesahuck? not me

this is fan thing..maybe Jimmy should thank Jerry for hiring him and giving him the money and respources to build a SB team that got him the rings to get him in the HOF.. people need to stop acting like Jimmy did this on his own.. SMH no Jerry =no jimmy..

see Miami Dolphins, any SBS?nope

they did it together , had a bad breakup and here we stand..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its offensive b/c Jerry's never shied away from a phone or anything that projects his voice. Suddenly, he's issuing congratulatory statements through an impersonnel press release? The snub is pretty dam obvious............and the fact Jimmy is going into the HOF as the HC of the Dallas Cowboys and missing from the teams ROH fills in the rest of the gaps for you.
But Jerry has a history of this. He wasn’t going to induct Brandt into ROH until the HOF did . Same with Bob Hayes and Rayfield Wright.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
whogivesahuck? not me

this is fan thing..maybe Jimmy should thank Jerry for hiring him and giving him the money and respources to build a SB team that got him the rings to get him in the HOF.. people need to stop acting like Jimmy did this on his own.. SMH no Jerry =no jimmy..

see Miami Dolphins, any SBS?nope

they did it together , had a bad breakup and here we stand..

Agreed,
Jimmy did great with miami .
Couldn't win a single SB with the great Dan marino though .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If not for Jimmy, Jerry would have zero rings. Dude is such a dick.
That goes both ways. If Jerry hadn’t brought Jimmy on he might not have had the same opportunity somewhere else. Like in Miami.

Not many a bigger critic of Jerry but I won’t slant the story. Their success was as Jerry stated. A perfect alignment .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is a narcissist. Jimmy Johnson understands who Jones is and would be most likely surprised if Jones acted in an atypical way.

In my opinion, some should change their focus from 'What Will Jones Do For Johnson' concerning the Hall and speculate entirely on what Jones might do for Johnson for the Ring Of Honor. Jones has zero control over the Hall, so any expectations of continued platitudes from Jones is a pipe dream.

On the other hand, Jones has total control over the Ring Of Honor. Jones will likely allow Johnson's addition into the Ring but only after he believes the event can be marketed as a benevolent and justified gesture on his part.

Jones believes he is right. He always believes he is right. Jones' personality will not easily permit himself from seemingly kowtowing to Johnson within an arena he holds total dominion over. I think Johnson has never held his breath waiting for Jones to 'do the right thing' and put him in the Ring for that reason. It is way past time other people began accepting the same thing.
We have to remember Landry initially snubbed Jerry and the ROH. It wasn’t until years later Tom finally agreed.

The ROH really has no meaning beyond the walls of Cowboys fans as we couldn’t care less about other teams wall of fames.

Jimmy made the only recognition he was truly wanting as his emotions openly illustrated. HOF

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agreed,
yup the story's came out with the truth Jimmy was leaving anyway came maybe a year early..hes coach who likes change and challenges hes got wanderlust like BillP..

what people forget it when Jimmy bought this team it was hemorrhaging money practically in chapter 11 etc he worked 18hour days finding money , taking high risk loans and getting jimmy what he needed to build this thing.. hes in the HOF himself for that part of what hes done for the NFL..

they made somethign special got 3 SBs out of it and now they are a couple who had a bad breakup and typically you never talk to that person agian..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed,

Yes, the great Dan Marino who managed 1 super bowl appearance in 13 seasons under Don Shula. I guess Shula sucked too?

Jimmy didn't exactly inherit Marino in his prime. But, he did rebuild their defense. He would have done better without Marino actually but couldn't get rid of him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That goes both ways. If Jerry hadn’t brought Jimmy on he might not have had the same opportunity somewhere else. Like in Miami.

Not many a bigger critic of Jerry but I won’t slant the story. Their success was as Jerry stated. A perfect alignment .

Yes, a perfect alignment of a great coach being able to work without owner interference.