Jimmy Johnson hasn’t heard from Jerry Jones other than statement

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, the great Dan Marino who managed 1 super bowl appearance in 13 seasons under Don Shula. I guess Shula sucked too?

Jimmy didn't exactly inherit Marino in his prime. But, he did rebuild their defense. He would have done better without Marino actually but couldn't get rid of him.
Owner Herzog wouldn’t agree to trade Marino as Jimmy wanted.

It’s why Jerry deserves more credit with Jimmy. He basically provided Jimmy a blank check.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’s why Jerry deserves more credit with Jimmy. He basically provided Jimmy a blank check.

Okay. If you want to credit Jerry with not impeding Jimmy, I'm not arguing that point. But lets not pretend it was out of wisdom. He was just preoccupied with digging himself out of a financial hole and learning the NFL.

Sydla

Reaction score
“We're so happy that the Hall of Fame has recognized Jimmy Johnson for what he is. A great coach," said Jones, who hired Johnson as Cowboys head coach after buying the team in 1989.

"To Jimmy I say, 'The stars were aligned and our dreams came true when we joined the Dallas Cowboys. And on behalf of the Cowboys, and our fans all over the world, I say congratulations Jimmy. We're proud of you."

That’s fairly nice, for a scumbag.

He had no choice but to issue a statement. The organization that employed Johnson couldn't not say anything.

But the fact he hasn't reached out personally shows how petty he is. For a guy with all the money and power he has, he really has a bizarre insecurity when Jimmy Johnson comes up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Okay. If you want to credit Jerry with not impeding Jimmy, I'm not arguing that point. But lets not pretend it was out of wisdom. He was just preoccupied with digging himself out of a financial hole and learning the NFL.
It doesn’t have to be out of wisdom. He was smart enough to trust Jimmy. That’s all we needed.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Curious if Jimmy picked up the phone and called Jerry when he went into the HOF?? I think I remember him saying something obligatory on Fox, which is akin to Jerry's statement. I seriously doubt Jimmy called Jerry to congratulate him, so why would Jerry call Jimmy? They are both petty, narcissistic people who can't admit they were wrong. Jimmy was so self absorbed that he didn't realize that the players he loved would be angry about him leaving.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

Whoa you're giving Jerry credit.

We need a mind blown emoji with a star popping out the head.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Curious if Jimmy picked up the phone and called Jerry when he went into the HOF?? I think I remember him saying something obligatory on Fox, which is akin to Jerry's statement. I seriously doubt Jimmy called Jerry to congratulate him, so why would Jerry call Jimmy? They are both petty, narcissistic people who can't admit they were wrong. Jimmy was so self absorbed that he didn't realize that the players he loved would be angry about him leaving.

Well, we just had a sweet, good natured coach. How did that work out? Give me rings and the narcissist all day.

Tommy

Reaction score
Idget isn't refreshing. He's a contrarian.......still defends Garret.
He is one of the few that are making any sense in this thread.

Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson are not friends. They don’t call each other. And that’s ok. They don’t have to be friends. They are a couple guys who worked together over 25 years ago.

Jerry made a very respectful and complimentary statement regarding Jimmys induction.

Did Jimmy Johnson publicly and personally congratulate Jerry Jones on his induction into the hall of fame?

I don’t remember hearing about it. I also don’t remember CowboysZone getting outraged about it.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
He is one of the few that are making any sense in this thread.

Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson are not friends. They don’t call each other. And that’s ok. They don’t have to be friends. They are a couple guys who worked together over 25 years ago.

Jerry made a very respectful and complimentary statement regarding Jimmys induction.

Did Jimmy Johnson publicly and personally congratulate Jerry Jones on his induction into the hall of fame?

I don’t remember hearing about it. I also don’t remember CowboysZone getting outraged about it.

Thats because Jerry is more evil than evel knievel , for some posters.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Johnson, though, revealed that he later found out some of his former Cowboys players were not happy with him over his departure. The Cowboys didn’t three-peat and won only one other championship before the team of the 1990s fell apart, and many believe they should have become the dynasty the Patriots now are.

“Troy [Aikman] had dinner with me many years ago, and I didn’t realize how angry some of the players were,” Johnson said. “I thought they would have understood, but they didn’t understand. It hit me one night at dinner at my house that, geez, the players that I love are angry that I left. I said, ‘If they only knew.’ I was ready to move on. I felt bad about that, and I feel bad about that to this day for them. I don’t feel bad for me.”

He's surprised? I'm just a fan and I'm still pissed about it! The franchise has never been the same since.

glimmerman

Reaction score
“We're so happy that the Hall of Fame has recognized Jimmy Johnson for what he is. A great coach," said Jones, who hired Johnson as Cowboys head coach after buying the team in 1989.

"To Jimmy I say, 'The stars were aligned and our dreams came true when we joined the Dallas Cowboys. And on behalf of the Cowboys, and our fans all over the world, I say congratulations Jimmy. We're proud of you."

Yeah people over look that.

erod

Reaction score
This perfectly defines the complete fraud Jerry Jones truly is.

Jerry is not happy for Jimmy, and its driving him nuts that he looks even looks worse by not having inducted him into the Ring of Honor long ago.

Jimmy is responsible for all of the on-field success Jerry has ever had. All of it. He know it, and it's making him insane.

Jimmy's induction will shine an ugly spotlight on Jerry and these last 25 years.

erod

Reaction score

If he wrote that, surely he would have called Jimmy personally by now.

That's what human beings do.

Rich Dalrymple wrote that most likely.

cern

Reaction score

Wayne HUIZINGA, carnal. Not herzog.