Jimmy Johnson on The Dan Patrick Show Today

dogberry

Reaction score
Working on getting sniveling into my active vocabulary.

Not sure what I’ll drop to fit it in. Maybe Super Bowl (wasn’t using it much).

Flamma

Reaction score
I have long suspected Jerry wants to wait until the Cowboys win another Super Bowl so Jimmy would be a little less esteemed and respected among the Cowboys fan base.

Right now, the last 3 Super Bowls are attributed to Jimmy because most fans believe that Switzer won the last one with Jimmy's team.

So, if Jerry added Jimmy now he would have to deal with endless, "Do you regret ... ?" questions where a new Super Bowl win would help dilute Jimmy's accomplishments a little.

You would be absolutely correct. In no way shape or form does any Cowboys fan give any credit to Switzer for that SB. Jimmy Johnson got the Cowboys 3 Super Bowls, end of story. But there's always someone. So you're probably right. I just don't think Jerry is going to get his wish anytime soon.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Aikman needs to get Emmitt and Irvin and the three of them walk right into Jerry’s office and tell him enough is enough. It’s a stain on the legacy and time to bury the hatchet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kinda disappointed. Umpteen First Takes, Undisputed, The Herd, etc., videos are posted on the Fan Zone all the time. I wanted help getting info on the podcast of one of the few sports talking heads, who is not obnoxious, and crickets.

Maybe I should ask a video posting fiend like @Dak_Attack_09 for assistance? Perhaps he knows when stuff is posted on Patrick's site?

Oh hell. Now I sound desperate. :(

:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman needs to get Emmitt and Irvin and the three of them walk right into Jerry’s office and tell him enough is enough. It’s a stain on the legacy and time to bury the hatchet.
lol @ three against a narcissist. The odds are not in their favor.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
You know jimmy belongs in ROH without a doubt but he accomplished nothing in Miami just like Jerry has accomplished nothing without JJ. Shame the relationship soured

good one, both big egos cancelled each other and nobody won .

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Kinda disappointed. Umpteen First Takes, Undisputed, The Herd, etc., videos are posted on the Fan Zone all the time. I wanted help getting info on the podcast of one of the few sports talking heads, who is not obnoxious, and crickets.

Maybe I should ask a video posting fiend like @Dak_Attack_09 for assistance? Perhaps he knows when stuff is posted on Patrick's site?

Oh hell. Now I sound desperate. :(

:laugh:

Jimmy said to use Pollard & Turpin more in this offense.

basel90

Reaction score
let's not forget jerry is not too keen to see jimmy being applauded loudest by the fans at Jerryworld . It rubs jerry the wrong way and he is not able to find a solution around it . so he is putting it off for now until he has won a SB ( LOL ). But i feel the public and media outcry will prevail and jerry will put jimmy in the ROH soon as he does not want to answer this question again in the media.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy said to use Pollard & Turpin more in this offense.

Thanks. The video matches the thread topic exactly.

Two hours. 35 minutes. 33 seconds. You know, I remember a post with helpful information about grabbing a link on YouTube that starts a video precisely where someone wants others to see and listen specifically.

You would not happen to know when in the two hour, thirty-five minute, and 33 second video Jimmy said Pollard and Turpin should be used more in the offense? Gracias. :thumbup:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have long suspected Jerry wants to wait until the Cowboys win another Super Bowl so Jimmy would be a little less esteemed and respected among the Cowboys fan base.

Right now, the last 3 Super Bowls are attributed to Jimmy because most fans believe that Switzer won the last one with Jimmy's team.

So, if Jerry added Jimmy now he would have to deal with endless, "Do you regret ... ?" questions where a new Super Bowl win would help dilute Jimmy's accomplishments a little.
Best explanation I’ve read yet

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Thanks. The video matches the thread topic exactly.

Two hours. 35 minutes. 33 seconds. You know, I remember a post with helpful information about grabbing a link on YouTube that starts a video precisely where someone wants others to see and listen specifically.

You would not happen to know when in the two hour, thirty-five minute, and 33 second video Jimmy said Pollard and Turpin should be used more in the offense? Gracias. :thumbup:

Don't you like listening to Stugotz and the god awful Jessica Smetana? Surely you have two hours, thirty-five minutes, and 33 seconds of free time in your day, no?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
let's not forget jerry is not too keen to see jimmy being applauded loudest by the fans at Jerryworld . It rubs jerry the wrong way and he is not able to find a solution around it . so he is putting it off for now until he has won a SB ( LOL ). But i feel the public and media outcry will prevail and jerry will put jimmy in the ROH soon as he does not want to answer this question again in the media.
Jones could not care less about public outcry of any magnitude. He may care about media outcry though but it must be significant more than what has been tossed at him recently before he will give a you-know-what as motivation.