Jimmy Johnson on The Dan Patrick Show Today

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was Jerry's "sniveling" comment actually meant as Jimmy sniveling, or the fans sniveling? It should be the latter, if anything.

erod

Reaction score
Many of you think Jimmy was a God, he got paid, used Jerry's money and quit when his feelings were hurt. Screw him! He's gone and you're still here. Keep kissing his butt, like that's gonna help us win games!
Meanwhile, Jethro Clampettb still owns the team, which is now the longtime laughingstock of the NFL.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Thanks. The video matches the thread topic exactly.

Two hours. 35 minutes. 33 seconds. You know, I remember a post with helpful information about grabbing a link on YouTube that starts a video precisely where someone wants others to see and listen specifically.

You would not happen to know when in the two hour, thirty-five minute, and 33 second video Jimmy said Pollard and Turpin should be used more in the offense? Gracias. :thumbup:
I dont think that is in this one. jimmy is 51 min to 1:30 mark it is all good. says some stuff about him and jerry around the very end.
I will add that he talks about the ROH, and he names the hall of fames he is in, which is a bunch of them, and indicated he just finds the ROH thing and jerry funny and a bit odd.
Says at end he doesnt understand jerry, and not just concerning ROH.

zerofill

Reaction score
If Jimmy wanted to send Jerry through the roof and just make him stroke out...

All he would have to do is troll him with saying those super bowls were all him, and the players he chose.

That would pretty much make Jerry's head explode.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For what it's worth, today's broadcast just posted on Dan Patrick's Fox Sports Radio page. Listening to his podcast now. The answer to the OP is sometime shortly after the radio broadcast. Yea me!

Reactions: BAT

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont think that is in this one. jimmy is 51 min to 1:30 mark it is all good. says some stuff about him and jerry around the very end.
I will add that he talks about the ROH, and he names the hall of fames he is in, which is a bunch of them, and indicated he just finds the ROH thing and jerry funny and a bit odd.
Says at end he doesnt understand jerry, and not just concerning ROH.
I was being a little sarcastic.

Well. Maybe a lot sarcastic.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HELP!

Does anyone know if podcast have transcripts? I like Patrick but he is going on and on about some strange personal psychedelic event Aaron Rodgers experienced during an offseason vacation. Who gives a flip about Rodgers? Need to fast forward to the Johnson segment. :rolleyes:

starfan1

Reaction score
There is a long list of players and coaches in the HOF that left there HOF teams and moved on to other teams and accomplished far less, or little to nothing thereafter….. It’s not uncommon.
Im sure there is a list my point is they both accomplished the 90s dynasty and they needed each other to do it. once apart neither has been much in the way of success on field. Its shameful that the relationship soured

rags747

Reaction score
Jimmy always was kind of a Sniveler though, especially when he lost. I think Jerry pegged him right.

basel90

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if Stan Kroenke has not already done so. Friends offer friends advice. It is what friends do. And the best kind of friends provide good advice.
agree. must be painful for Jerry's ego how Stan ( who is far richer than jerry ) and far busier , has won 2 super bowls and has a more successful NFL franchise even after a major move from st louis . Stan also has a bigger stadium now. Some useful and humbling facts for jerry.

Big_D

Reaction score
You know jimmy belongs in ROH without a doubt but he accomplished nothing in Miami just like Jerry has accomplished nothing without JJ. Shame the relationship soured

Jerry was just as much garbage then as he is now and pretending he played some major role at the time is laughable. He’s proven his lack of football acumen beyond a shadow of a doubt.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The break up was equal parts Jimmy and equal parts Jerry. Neither could stand to share the spot light. It was their egos that caused the "friendship" to end so why should Jerry or Jimmy bend over backwards to appease the other?

Big_D

Reaction score
The break up was equal parts Jimmy and equal parts Jerry. Neither could stand to share the spot light. It was their egos that caused the "friendship" to end so why should Jerry or Jimmy bend over backwards to appease the other?

jerry wanted to change the language in Jimmy’s contract. “Be part of the fun” as he put it. There was nothing equal about it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I have long suspected Jerry wants to wait until the Cowboys win another Super Bowl so Jimmy would be a little less esteemed and respected among the Cowboys fan base.

Right now, the last 3 Super Bowls are attributed to Jimmy because most fans believe that Switzer won the last one with Jimmy's team.

So, if Jerry added Jimmy now he would have to deal with endless, "Do you regret ... ?" questions where a new Super Bowl win would help dilute Jimmy's accomplishments a little.

I agree.

But Jerry doesn't seem to realize that if he finally wins another SB, decades after Jimmy, it won't really be the "See? I told you I could do it," moment he thinks it will be.

He used the word "sniveling" in reference to Jimmy when it seems to me that the only one looking petty here is Jerry.

rags747

Reaction score
agree. must be painful for Jerry's ego how Stan ( who is far richer than jerry ) and far busier , has won 2 super bowls and has a more successful NFL franchise even after a major move from st louis . Stan also has a bigger stadium now. Some useful and humbling facts for jerry.
And Jerry got Stan that stadium, just sayin.

jrumann59

Reaction score
jerry wanted to change the language in Jimmy’s contract. “Be part of the fun” as he put it. There was nothing equal about it.
Was that before or after Kimmy mentioning to the media he wanted to coach some other teams.