Jimmy Johnson on The Dan Patrick Show Today

Big_D

Reaction score
Was that before or after Kimmy mentioning to the media he wanted to coach some other teams.

before. The rift started after the contract dispute cause Jimmy wanted nothing to do with it and rightfully so.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got sucked I believe. Listened to all segments of The Dan Patrick Show podcast. They did some type of skit (that I never actually heard but it is referred to at the beginning and end of the show) with someone pretending to be Johnson.

Stupid crap had me listening at 2x speed to weed through nonsense. Heck 50% of the show was talking about Aaron Rodgers taking freaking drugs that will make him some kind of better leader this season. Whatever man. :rolleyes:

rags747

Reaction score
oh really ? did not know that . must be a real estate deal
Jerry was the big Hammer in getting the league to approve the move from St Louis to LA. Jerry pushed it 100% to get Kronke the move and the new stadium. Meanwhile, Jimmy was seen to be still Sniveling although he did have a Heineken in his hand, personally I cannot stand Heineken.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Jerry was the big Hammer in getting the league to approve the move from St Louis to LA. Jerry pushed it 100% to get Kronke the move and the new stadium. Meanwhile, Jimmy was seen to be still Sniveling although he did have a Heineken in his hand, personally I cannot stand Heineken.
Tastes like skunk juice to me

mrmojo

Reaction score
Many of you think Jimmy was a God, he got paid, used Jerry's money and quit when his feelings were hurt. Screw him! He's gone and you're still here. Keep kissing his butt, like that's gonna help us win games!
Ill admit I still think Jimmy is God, I wouldn't trade those SB memories for anything..........Jimmy must have really done you wrong..

Reaction score
I was listening to the beginning of The Dan Patrick Show on the drive to work. Patrick said Jimmy Johnson would be on the show to discuss Jerry Jones' "sniveling" comments.

I could not listen to the entire show. Is anyone familiar with how quickly his podcasts are posted? The latest episode posted is from yesterday.

Jerry can do whatever he wants, I'm sick of the sniveling media out instigating things and trying to bully people into doing what the media wants.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry can do whatever he wants, I'm sick of the sniveling media out instigating things and trying to bully people into doing what the media wants.

How’s it instigating? He said he would put him in. So with that. The media will continue to ask until he does. Jerry loves nothing more than a microphone in his face. I guess that’s only as long as they don’t ask the “tough” questions!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Only "sniveling" is by Jerry and his sycophant supporters.

dogberry

Reaction score
Must be a treat to drive Jerry’s bus through St. Louis on the way to Indianapolis.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Jimmy's ego caused us more SBs.....and yes Jerry has an ego too, but he's the owner and Jimmy was the help. I don't care if he ever gets in the ROH. If Jerry wanted to be a prick, he'd put Barry in the ROH! Imagine that!!! Lol!

Yeah, this goes a long way to telling others about your personality. There’s a reason why artists like Michelangelo are well remembered for works such as the statue of David, and no one but certain historians can tell you who financed the piece.

Jerry’s just an old geezer that knows how to build capital and spot can’t miss marketing deals. He wishes he was the artist-it’s so apparent. He deserves all the mocking from all the fans after chasing an impossible dream for going on three decades.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Didn't Jerry announce he was going to be in the ROH? What the heck happened?

Jerry got cornered on national TV. He apparently did not mean what he said. Sadly, Jimmy really seemed to want it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The break up was equal parts Jimmy and equal parts Jerry. Neither could stand to share the spot light. It was their egos that caused the "friendship" to end so why should Jerry or Jimmy bend over backwards to appease the other?
True but it would be the "adult" thing to do, you know forgive and move forward, which jimmy seems to have done, but jerry cant do.
Jerry just isnt mature enough yet !

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree.

But Jerry doesn't seem to realize that if he finally wins another SB, decades after Jimmy, it won't really be the "See? I told you I could do it," moment he thinks it will be.

He used the word "sniveling" in reference to Jimmy when it seems to me that the only one looking petty here is Jerry.
yeah it is way too late to say "See? I told you I could do it," lol decades too late!
But knowing jerry he might just say it anyway.

Jerry is looking very petty and childish to everyone now. This is tarnishing his image .
And really it is very late on putting jimmy in period!
And he wants to do a group with jimmy, so sole focus isnt on jimmy lol.

Jerry is looking to water down the moment, if he even does it at all.

Reactions: BAT

GINeric

Reaction score
I have long suspected Jerry wants to wait until the Cowboys win another Super Bowl so Jimmy would be a little less esteemed and respected among the Cowboys fan base.

Right now, the last 3 Super Bowls are attributed to Jimmy because most fans believe that Switzer won the last one with Jimmy's team.

So, if Jerry added Jimmy now he would have to deal with endless, "Do you regret ... ?" questions where a new Super Bowl win would help dilute Jimmy's accomplishments a little.

Well in all fairness, those 3 Superbowls were Jimmy's AND Jerry's. Switzer deserves credit for coaching that team to a championship after Jimmy left.

People like to give Jimmy ALL the credit, but if he could do it all by himself, he would have won 3 more in Miami, but he didn't. He didn't even win ONE without Jerry. So they both deserve the credit for the Cowboys latest rings.