Jimmy Johnson's half time tantrum.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Kilyin;1760914 said:
Too bad Burnett wasn't mic'd up, I would love to hear the audio of that whole exchange. Jacobs is nothing but a mouthpiece that can't back it up on the field.

Actually, according to Nate, Burnett was "mic'd up" for one of the Cowboys local shows. Probably explains his bonehead act.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Jimmy just went into "coach" mode. That's how he coached and we got a little glimps there.

No big deal. It was an over reaction to something that we need to adress with Burnett, etc. That probably won't happen again and it didn't cost us in this game.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Burnett's taunting was a really bad moment in yesterday's game, of course.

On the bright side though, maybe he's learned his lesson, and will avoid losing his poise in a more important game (e.g., playoff game) ....

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;1760165 said:
Figured I'd throw that article in here just an illustration to my point. If you want to play well for your coach, it accomplishes the same thing as being afraid of him and in some ways is better.

Dear Jimmy,

Please note that we are now 8-1.

Your friend,

AGS

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
vta;1760267 said:
I have to admit, I was thinking the same thing as Jimmy and I liked the fire he showed in getting riled like that.:D

With that said, I'm glad Wade is a level headed guy; Burnett came up with some good plays second half.

I got this weird feeling that Jimmy was in some way politicking for the HC job.

But no thanks... I like Wade just fine myself--not to mention Garrett.

Blake

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been mentioned but I'm nearly positive during that tantrum Jimmy Johnson was having I could of sworn I heard the word "we" thrown in there at least once. If he had said that in the context I believe he said it then it's obvious he still feels attached to the organization. Jimmah loves the Cowboys and I found his words to be quite a treat.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Blake;1762599 said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned but I'm nearly positive during that tantrum Jimmy Johnson was having I could of sworn I heard the word "we" thrown in there at least once. If he had said that in the context I believe he said it then it's obvious he still feels attached to the organization. Jimmah loves the Cowboys and I found his words to be quite a treat.

http://blackdcc.net/vids/Boyz_mpg_JimmyJohnson.mpg

Yeah, my assumption was correct. And your analysis is also correct. He says "we" several times. Obviously, he has Wade Phillips envy.

It seems that Jimmy would have degraded Burnett and called him an "idiot".

Wade Phillips embraces his players, apparently, Burnett came back to make some good plays.

Half time is no time to meddle on past mistakes. You simply make adjustments. The chewings come in the film sessions.

For one, I'm glad we don't have this man as our coach.

I think there is a reason as to why he was so ineffective in Miami, and there is a reason why San Diego isn't doing to well this season.