JJT: Jason Garrett needs new approach to right kind of guys

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go watch the game. Team was barely going through the motions up until Cassel was yanked.

I did watch it, and I don't agree. Moore went in in the 2nd drive of the 2nd quarter, anyway.

The score was 6-3, Jets, when he came in, and Dallas led the game most of the way prior. They held the Jets to a 3-and-out their first drive, then Cassel threw a pick. Then the Cowboys stopped them on a 4th and one, Cassel went 3-and-out, and the Jets scored. After that, we put Moore in the game.

The only thing that really sucked up to that point was the big downfield completion Marshall had on Jones, and the QB play, overall.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The notion that Cassell going in inspired the team is laughable to me.

I agree, Cassell looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I expected more out of him but he looked unsure and hesitant out there. I saw more life out of Moore than what I was seeing out of Cassell, heck I saw more out of Weeden.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I did watch it, and I don't agree. Moore went in in the 2nd drive of the 2nd quarter, anyway.

The score was 6-3, Jets, when he came in, and Dallas led the game most of the way prior. They held the Jets to a 3-and-out their first drive, then Cassel threw a pick. Then the Cowboys stopped them on a 4th and one, Cassel went 3-and-out, and the Jets scored. After that, we put Moore in the game.

The only thing that really sucked up to that point was the big downfield completion Marshall had on Jones, and the QB play, overall.

I don't need you to read me the box score. The offense was packing it in prior to Cassel getting pulled. Sturm referenced the difference after the game in one of his articles.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't need you to read me the box score. The offense was packing it in prior to Cassel getting pulled. Sturm referenced the difference after the game in one of his articles.

Apparently, you did. I don't care what Sturm said. We hadn't packed in a 7-3 game by the start of the second quarter just because we had bad QB play again. That Jets game was another hard-fought loss. Nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited: