Recap: JJT Whispers From The Star 6/05

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
UnjzrWxoMzn8HFb8A

Negative attitudes around here...
That dude must be a lot of fun at parties.

phildadon86

Reaction score
There it is the "team record" argument again, i would accept that from you because i do believe it is a team game, problem is that i have seen the "Dak is 40-24" as a starter argument everywhere i look on this site by all the Dak guys. You can't have it both ways, so if you want to post about me using the W/L record when speaking about Dak, then do me a favour and when you quote this post please call out all your "Dak" brothers and call them hypocrites for using the same "He's 40-24" as a starter argument because they use that as an argument when trying to make the case for Dak and that he is the reason we won all those games
It goes the same way when people use the fact that Dak went 8-8 the last season.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It goes the same way when people use the fact that Dak went 8-8 the last season.

As i said in my original response , i agree so if you are going to call me out fine just don't be a hypocrite, also call out the Dak crew who constantly quote his 40-24 record as a starter when defending him

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Great to hear JJT thinks Gregory will be back.

We may be fine at DE after all.
Pretty much why I believe we didn’t attack DE.

Mccarthy had a plan
4. I would still like for Randy to give it one more shot if he really wants it, I think he can still help the team if that desire still burns.

Don't know what y'all are seeing besides genuine hope. Sorry, but I hope "the plan" is not to rely on a guy out of the league 5 years and a guy out 2 years where there are questions of desire. I so hope we pick up a veteran otherwise we need one of the youngins to step up and fill a gap while those 2 play their way into shape and desire. RDE is a weak point until further notice, IMO.

I am not the biggest Gregory fan but I can understand why he wouldn't be as fired up about football since Goodell has had his thumb on him since he came into the league. What motivation could he possibly have?

Let the man smoke pot in his spare time and play football for me on the weekends.

So CONSPIRACY! made Gregory go and break league rules he agreed to in order to play in the league? Suuuuuure.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I was ready to move on from Gregory 3 years ago. The guy clearly lacks a commitment to football.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again, I like Dak. I think he’s about the 9th best QB in the league.

But he has elite weapons, an elite RB, an elite o-Line and whether we like it or not, QBs are judged by wins. And he went 8-8 and missed the playoffs. Had a terrible record and stats against playoff teams and great stats and record against bad teams. He’s 1-2 in the playoffs in 4 years.

QBs make big money cause they’re defined by wins/losses more than any position. And fair or not, that’s the biggest stat to look at when determining their contract.
So if you are using that stat then maybe you should use he's 40-24 in his career.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I never meant to insinuate you did but if you are going to call me out for using it then don't be a hypocrite and make sure you call them out too...that's all i'm saying

You do and say what you want. It's obvious that you're more interested in trying to make people say and think like you or they're hypocrites. Go play somewhere else.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You do and say what you want. It's obvious that you're more interested in trying to make people say and think like you or they're hypocrites. Go play somewhere else.

So it's my fault that the only people you will call out for quoting wins and losses as a Dak stat are the people who don't support him! All i asked was you call out the ones who use his 40-24 record as a starter (so as not to be a hypocrite) as well but you don't want to seem to do that. Your a coward plain and simple

Swagger

Reaction score
Not if they have no oline, run game or weapons. Fortunately, Dak has had all three. His whole career so far.

Get the D just a bit better and who knows!

I agree Prescott has worked in a dream offense but it's very difficult to have everything though isn't it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So it's my fault that the only people you will call out for quoting wins and losses as a Dak stat are the people who don't support him! All i asked was you call out the ones who use his 40-24 record as a starter (so as not to be a hypocrite) as well but you don't want to seem to do that. Your a coward plain and simple

So now because I won't kowtow to your thinking you start the name calling. Come back when you get out of grade school.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
So now because I won't kowtow to your thinking you start the name calling. Come back when you get out of grade school.

Go look in a mirror and repeat this phrase "i am a hypocrite", either that or go call out all your Dak buddies who use his 40-24 record as proof he is an elite QB and tell them it's a team game too and not a QB stat just like you did to me when i used his record it in a way which doesn't suit him, if you can't do that your a hypocrite plain and simple, either that or your just scared to confront them

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Let me ask you a question. If a QB does get his team all fired up to make a comeback like a Montana or Brady and in the process doing it with time running out that a receiver makes a really bad timing drop and the comeback fails or a RB or WR fumbles the ball and the other team recovers and does kneel downs to kill the clock to end the game does that QB have leadership qualities or does it only count as long as other players don't do something or do somethings that hurts the team? To me leadership is when a player's team mates say he's their leader and Prescott's players on offense say he's their leader. They say he doesn't get all panicky in the huddle, he stays calm and tells them they can do it. You're trying to equate leadership to whether the TEAM in a TEAM sport and all players get everything done right on every play to make a comeback. You're trying to make it that as long as the QB does everything right but because one or more players get beat or make mistakes that this QB then isn't a leader.and that's not right.
Wow, that was a hell of a strawman in one long run-on sentence. But seriously, I didn't make any of those claims. I simply stated that JJT didn't make a valid case for the leadership qualities of Dak from what was mentioned in the original post, and what I felt was the primary leadership quality that must be possessed by a QB who could be dubbed a leader. I didn't imply anything one way or another about Dak or any other QB outside of the ones I explicitly mentioned.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There it is the "team record" argument again, i would accept that from you because i do believe it is a team game, problem is that i have seen the "Dak is 40-24" as a starter argument everywhere i look on this site by all the Dak guys. You can't have it both ways, so if you want to post about me using the W/L record when speaking about Dak, then do me a favour and when you quote this post please call out all your "Dak" brothers and call them hypocrites for using the same "He's 40-24" as a starter argument because they use that as an argument when trying to make the case for Dak and that he is the reason we won all those games

Team game.

That we *can* have a good record with Dak sets a floor on how bad he might be top 20 at least.
That we *can* have a poor record with Dak sets a ceiling on how good he might be - top 4? Last year he wasn't a magic man pulling games out in the final minutes.

He should bonus points for just showing up in every game. Durability is worth something extra. Having said that, he *should* have been sat for the Eagles game, and supposedly injury *to his throwing shoulder* was a recurring thing for him in college. I didn't like finding that one out.

Dak ain't the reason we win all the games we do. He ain't the reason we lose all the games we do.

I wish people would stop with the muh record arguments. It's dumb. The record is relevant when Dak is the key reason for the win/loss. Dak is neither the hero nor goat in most all games.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Go look in a mirror and repeat this phrase "i am a hypocrite", either that or go call out all your Dak buddies who use his 40-24 record as proof he is an elite QB and tell them it's a team game too and not a QB stat just like you did to me when i used his record it in a way which doesn't suit him, if you can't do that your a hypocrite plain and simple, either that or your just scared to confront them

Blah blah blah. All you can do is call people names. Don't reply because I don't have conversations with little kids. If you do then I'll have to tell your mother and we all know she'll then say wait until your father gets home.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Blah blah blah. All you can do is call people names. Don't reply because I don't have conversations with little kids. If you do then I'll have to tell your mother and we all know she'll then say wait until your father gets home.

Your still a hypocrite! nothing has changed. P.S. i'm not the one talking like a child

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wow, that was a hell of a strawman in one long run-on sentence. But seriously, I didn't make any of those claims. I simply stated that JJT didn't make a valid case for the leadership qualities of Dak from what was mentioned in the original post, and what I felt was the primary leadership quality that must be possessed by a QB who could be dubbed a leader. I didn't imply anything one way or another about Dak or any other QB outside of the ones I explicitly mentioned.

I brought up your original comments for you to review what you did say.

Meh. I don't even know what this means. To prove someone is a leader, you first have to define what leadership qualities are. Then you have make a case for it by providing concrete examples of the person you are attempting to prove has them. Saying that some words the person said are "as powerful as anyone else's" doesn't highlight any leadership qualities to me. To me, leadership is highlighted (all things being equal or comparable since it is a team game) when a QB can instill confidence in the rest of his team due to both talent and knowledge of the game to make the right decisions, not only in general as the "field general", but especially in times of adversity. To be able to lead a team back when it is down. Something that a Joe Montana or even Tom "Cheatriot" Brady did a number of times. But that is only seen when it has been done at least once. Leaders don't have to be "rah, rah", high emotion guys, who engage in a lot of rhetoric to get the job done. I got no evidence of leadership qualities from anything JJT said here.

Now in my reply to you I started with a QB and didn't name what QB. I later did mention Prescott as an example in what I was saying just like you used Montana and Brady as examples in what you were saying. You said, not JJT, that a leader has to be able to bring teams back when down and all I did was show that a QB can still be a leader if his team mates say he's their leader and because he didn't always bring the team back to win because things out of his control like dropped passes or fumbles and that the same QB is cool and calm in the huddle and tells his team they can win this game. All I did was say that your idea of a leader is based on things out of a QB's control. I only gave you credit for what you said not what JJT said.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not according to the articles this off season.

Articles by sportswriters, especially during the off season, are based largely on suppositions, guess work and unfounded theories. They write these articles to get people to click on them which affects their pay. An old saying covers Gregory's saga. Actions speak louder than words. If he truly was interested in resuming his NFL career he would lay off the weed and stop flunking tests. Even though the new CBA ends suspensions for smoking weed, the fact that he keeps failing tests proves that he still hasn't put football high enough in his priorities to be considered for reinstatement.