Twitter: Joe Looney close to returning to team

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I would hope so is Martin's. He is not starting material.

I agree. Marcus Martin was a disaster as a starter in San Fran. Maybe the grand plan is to start Looney at guard with Martin the utility backup?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
5 interior lineman, and 4 tackles is pretty standard operating procedure for most NFL teams.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Depth is good........I guess it means the turnstile is getting cut.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I would hope so is Martin's. He is not starting material.

I agree to an extent although several media guys have watched tape and concluded that he isn't terrible. Broaddus, Birddog26 and Allen Uy have said he could be a starter. I still wouldn't mind getting a G in the first 2-3 rounds to be honest with everything else being defense.

Hardline

Reaction score
Joe_Looney_as_Zeke.0.jpg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Truth be told and a lot of people here won't agree but Looney was the best free agent signing this team has made in the past 5 years. I dare you to find me a better one. Edit: Only one that was better was Rolando McClain and even he fell off after one good season.
I'd say McFadden and Morris were better signings.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Truth be told and a lot of people here won't agree but Looney was the best free agent signing this team has made in the past 5 years. I dare you to find me a better one. Edit: Only one that was better was Rolando McClain and even he fell off after one good season.

Jonathan Cooper literally started at G over Looney. ;)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He's been hanging out all winter with Tyron and La'el...for nuthin'!
Him being a UTEP kid and having watched him, despite me not really wanting to draft a G so high... I would be very happy with him.

Knotamus

Reaction score
With Martin and Fleming coming aboard.. I figure a 1st and 2nd Rd guard was still in play to shore up our OL. Now with Looney coming aboard, I’m think Dallas is freeing themselves up to go a different direction. This signals to me that LB, S, and/or WR will definitely be the targets with the first two picks. This dosent preclude them from snagging a project OL in the later rounds though. If Dez wants to play hard ball, I can see a first round WR easily, exp since they visited with all the top WR’s at the combine. Of Course the defense will not be ignored and we’re in need of a play making Safety and we’ll need to protect ourselves with another LB. Personally, I want a LB within the first two rounds...just throwing it out there.