Twitter: Joe Looney close to returning to team

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Wonder if this pretty much cements Collins is going back to guard. On the surface it would seem so.

tm1119

Reaction score
I think we are going to be looking at 3 dressed back up lineman game day of Looney, Martin and Green. Looney is supposedly the funny guy in the locker room that everyone likes. Plus they use him as a 3rd blocking TE in jumbo formations.

Seems like they are trying to plug up just about every offensive hole to draft all defense? Would love if we could somehow use our 1st 4 picks + TWill to get 3 good defensive starters out of this draft class. MLB, FS, and DT

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'd say that he's certainly going to get a fair chance at it.

If they're re-signing Looney to the same role as backup guard/center that he has been, it would indicate that Martin is getting an opportunity to replace Cooper at left guard with Collins staying at right tackle.

And rather than a starter at right tackle, Fleming will be the swing tackle. Solid depth and insurance against the Bell-Green disaster of 2017.

I'm giving them credit for some good move here. I was a Cooper fan but I'm willing to see what Martin has. One thing I like about his game is that he's not getting moved backwards. It was also nice to hear some comparisons to a young Ron Leary.

This pretty close to metal here...now, with number of interior lineman in the draft, does Dallas pony up for a future great? Or do they hit the defense with intensity?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Odd. Not a big fan of carrying two guys that do the exact same thing.

Not sure why. We carry eight linemen at the least. We have Smith, Frederick, Z. Martin, Collins, Fleming, M. Martin, Looney and Green. For those who don't want to see Green on the field again, carrying seven others who can play is a good thing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Does this mean Martin is a starter?

No, it means that M.Martin is 24 years old, 6-3, 320 and played Center and Guard in college well enough to be a 3rd round draft pick.

He is a project like Cooper when they signed him before the 2016 playoffs.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Jeez Broaddus is now writing "I really do" on top of saying that phrase to end every sentence he speaks. I think he's suffering from a rare version of tourettes.

I do! I really do. I really,really DO!

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Truth be told and a lot of people here won't agree but Looney was the best free agent signing this team has made in the past 5 years. I dare you to find me a better one. Edit: Only one that was better was Rolando McClain and even he fell off after one good season.

I opinion is Terrell Owens then Laurent Robinson as been our best FA signings.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That can’t be a real picture is it? Zeke looks like he is planning on competing for the starting guard spot with that Gut.

Did you miss Looney's impersonation of Zeke during camp, including exposed midriff?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This surprises me, but unless this means Marcus Martin will be a starting guard, then sure.

links18

Reaction score
So and so "will be signed;" X player is "close to a deal." Can they just wait until deals are finalized before reporting these things?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This pretty close to metal here...now, with number of interior lineman in the draft, does Dallas pony up for a future great? Or do they hit the defense with intensity?

For me, that's tough to say. I think it allows their board to come to them and take more of a best player available approach.