Twitter: Joe Looney close to returning to team

LittleD

Reaction score
Truth be told and a lot of people here won't agree but Looney was the best free agent signing this team has made in the past 5 years. I dare you to find me a better one. Edit: Only one that was better was Rolando McClain and even he fell off after one good season.

Jeremy Mincy was pretty good and played well his first year. I think he got 6 sacks. Probably contributed more than Looney has.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'm just going by reports he can play multiple line positions. His versatility is what makes him a bargain. After all, La'el Collins was a left tackle at LSU and has already played LG and RT for the Cowboys.

Huge numbers of former college Ts playing inside in the NFL. That's just about your best OL playing outside. Most T can make the transition as it is an easier position to play

blindzebra

Reaction score
We had Cooper and Looney on the roster last year, while trying to make Green the starter at LG. Frankly, Looney was the one back up OL that actually didn't suck when he played.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good signing, like someone said Looney does ok...you hardly notice he's n th game, which, is awesome.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Good signing, like someone said Looney does ok...you hardly notice he's n th game, which, is awesome.
Only good time to hear an offensive lineman's name is when he blows some one up

MTerrazzano

Reaction score
I know zoners will think i'm crazy, but I think Green will win the RT job and let them do what they should do - let Collins become a pro bowler at LG. Fleming, Martin and Looney are merely back ups. Fleming provides the insurance we need at Tackle for both Green and Smith.

MTerrazzano

Reaction score
I know zoners will think i'm crazy, but I think Green will win the RT job and let them do what they should do - let Collins become a pro bowler at LG. Fleming, Martin and Looney are merely back ups. Fleming provides the insurance we need at Tackle for both Green and Smith.

Wood

Reaction score

Collins is better tackle than guard. Not sure what games you were watching to come up with opposite.

MTerrazzano

Reaction score
Collins is better tackle than guard. Not sure what games you were watching to come up with opposite.
Name me your starter at LG. Please don't mention Looney or Martin. Get your 5 best lineman out there. They messed up Green last year by moving him inside. Green is in a contract year and I think he wins the job. Collins is not a liability at tackle..he can play anywhere but Centre..just get the 5 best lineman out there.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Guess no love for Looney...

This is a little surprising honestly. Are they trying to eliminate the need to use a high pick on oline> Green, Martin and Looney as the 3 dressed back up o lineman?

All the love us in the other thread

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm not really sure I like this move unless we don't plan on drafting an OL or it's a very low cap deal.