Twitter: Joe Whitt Jr. interviewed

Rayman70

Reaction score
then again, they wouldnt be hiring him to be the db coach...he would be the D coord. Big difference.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like that Whitt is a DB coach, but I don't trust McCarthy being the point man on finding a DC after his first choice...fool me once Jerry.

I hate the approach already. Get out of the comfort zone and go find someone who can do the job. Don't want the Dallas Packers.
Fair point but who is supposed make the decision?

Jerry? The kid?

I don't trust MM at all, but I'll take his football knowledge over the other two clowns.

We've complained for years about the HC not being able to pick their staff.

If MM blows it again, he will be heading out also.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
ANYONE is better than the guy we just fired. lol
I know you were being sarcastic but that mentality has been killing this franchise.

Rob Ryan sucks, anyone would be better.

Monte Kiffin : "Hold my beer!"

Kiffin is 73; he's a dinosaur and the game has passed him by.

64-year old Rod Marinelli: "Hold my mylanta!"

Marinelli's Tampa 2 is too easy to exploit; let's get some help in the Secondary.

Kris Richard: "Anthony Brown, hold the receivers!"

Okay, that didn't work, let's get someone in here that new coach Mike McCarthy trusts.

Mike Nolan: "Jaylon, hold this playbook!"

The scheme is too complicated, get him outta here.

Let's interview a guy who was fired three years in a row for poor DB units in Green Bay, Cleveland, and Atalanta. Better yet, let's think about promoting him to DC,

Idiots.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I know you were being sarcastic but that mentality has been killing this franchise.

Rob Ryan sucks, anyone would be better.

Monte Kiffin : "Hold my beer!"

Kiffin is 73; he's a dinosaur and the game has passed him by.

64-year old Rod Marinelli: "Hold my mylanta!"

Marinelli's Tampa 2 is too easy to exploit; let's get some help in the Secondary.

Kris Richard: "Anthony Brown, hold the receivers!"

Okay, that didn't work, let's get someone in here that new coach Mike McCarthy trusts.

Mike Nolan: "Jaylon, hold this playbook!"

The scheme is too complicated, get him outta here.

Let's interview a guy who was fired three years in a row for poor DB units in Green Bay, Cleveland, and Atalanta. Better yet, let's think about promoting him to DC,

Idiots.
what this shows me ALSO is our defenders are vastly overvalued and not good enough to fit ANY scheme. The issue is 2 fold. We need better players on that side of the ball and better coaches. Jaylon is the first guy I am dealing away if I can.

Aven8

Reaction score
Why would he want to do that?

Well in order for it to work, Campo could run through a giant 10 yard gaping hole and gain 14 yards, while Nolan could get off the line for 9 yards because Campo would be standing back there 10 yards off the ball. :D

Mr_437

Reaction score
what this shows me ALSO is our defenders are vastly overvalued and not good enough to fit ANY scheme. The issue is 2 fold. We need better players on that side of the ball and better coaches. Jaylon is the first guy I am dealing away if I can.
Agreed, a big problem is the FO
Fair point but who is supposed make the decision?

Jerry? The kid?

I don't trust MM at all, but I'll take his football knowledge over the other two clowns.

We've complained for years about the HC not being able to pick their staff.

If MM blows it again, he will be heading out also.
Fair point. I don't like any of them making the decision, but at least do some due diligence on the coaches available for the position.

McCarthy should be on the hot seat, so I damn sure don't want him steering the ship on this hire... input but not his operation.

Also, that's why this team needs a real GM...25 years of nothing on the field proves as much.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We're screwed as a franchise.

Here's the problem:

1. If Mike McCarthy brings in someone he is familiar with and has confidence in (and he should), if that DC is no better than the coaching we've seen so far, we're in trouble.
2. If Jerry subverts MM and forces a DC on him, one he is not familiar with but who might turn out to be better than any MM crony, we have an internal power struggle on our hands.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Sigh.

Daillest88

Reaction score
We're screwed as a franchise.

Here's the problem:

1. If Mike McCarthy brings in someone he is familiar with and has confidence in (and he should), if that DC is no better than the coaching we've seen so far, we're in trouble.
2. If Jerry subverts MM and forces a DC on him, one he is not familiar with but who might turn out to be better than any MM crony, we have an internal power struggle on our hands.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Sigh.
Yup exactly