Twitter: Joe Whitt Jr. interviewed

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Nepotism 101

Whitt is another "friend" of MM which they have worked together for many years in GB. Don't think he ever was a DC in the past, which makes his hiring highly unlikely, as I don't see Jerry signing an unproven commodity.

Couples things could be behind this:

Dan Quinn as the team's DC, Whitt was on his staff in Atlanta
Edwards could be in play as the DC, where MM wants Whitt on his staff.

Right now it's all speculation, but there definitely are ties between Whitt and MM.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Whitt is another "friend" of MM which they have worked together for many years in GB. Don't think he ever was a DC in the past, which makes his hiring highly unlikely, as I don't see Jerry signing an unproven commodity.

Right now it's all speculation, but there definitely are ties between Whitt and MM.

Exactly........don't see them hiring him for DC at all. He would be a trusted hire of someone knowing exactly how/what MM expects.

I kinda figured he'd bring in at least on his long-time assistance but thought it might be Winston Moss.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He has worked with MM for like a decade in Green Bay, mainly as a secondary coach. Could be picking his brain about Dan Quinn, who I hear is one of their main targets for the job.

Agree ......just don't see MM or Jerry trusting the entire D with a guy whose never been a coordinator.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agree ......just don't see MM or Jerry trusting the entire D with a guy whose never been a coordinator.
Me neither. Whitt was an assistant I thought they wanted to hire last yr, but believe he was still under contract. He might be on this staff in some capacity next season due to the strong ties with MM. There is little chance, Jerry allows an inexperienced DC run the team, especially what just has happened. If he did get the job and had poor results, MM might not survive next time around.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

And that's what drives me nuts.
No desire whatsoever to be better, to think outside the box, to get in a fresh approach and ideas.
Next year will be no different if we go down this beaten path

fivetwos

Reaction score
Agreed, a big problem is the FO

Fair point. I don't like any of them making the decision, but at least do some due diligence on the coaches available for the position.

McCarthy should be on the hot seat, so I damn sure don't want him steering the ship on this hire... input but not his operation.

Also, that's why this team needs a real GM...25 years of nothing on the field proves as much.
The search this time last year could have been a bit more extensive.

If not for the Rooney Rule, there would have been exactly ONE guy interviewed.

Picking bad coaches is just as disastrous as picking the wrong players.

I don't believe Jerry does much of the work at all when it comes to things like the draft board....

But he is 100% hands on when it comes to coach selection, and he has blown it accordingly since Parcells.

Cmac

Reaction score
Early.....but here we go again. I need friends like the coaching requirement.

merry-go-round-national-mall-17856939.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't get all the upset. When Jerry pushes coaches on his HC, he's meddling (which he is). When his HC gets to pick, people don't like that either. Do you really want Jerry compiling another Frankenstaff like he did with Wade and Garrett where the coaches aren't on the same page?

Also, I could swear this said it was just an interview, not a hire.