Twitter: Joe Whitt Jr. interviewed

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And that's what drives me nuts.
No desire whatsoever to be better, to think outside the box, to get in a fresh approach and ideas.
Next year will be no different if we go down this beaten path

MM is not in a power position right now as his hand-picked DC just got fired after 1 season. That is extremely rare, even this day and age. The is pressure on him to get results. Would you hire an unknown commodity if your job was on the line?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MM is not in a power position right now as his hand-picked DC just got fired after 1 season. That is extremely rare, even this day and age. The is pressure on him to get results. Would you hire an unknown commodity if your job was on the line?
I wouidnt hire a retread that I know will provide nothing

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

100%........not to mention Jerry and Stephen have to budget more money for a new DC cost MM mistake on Nolan. You're right, no way in hell he gets to hire the next one w/o Jerry and Stephen's blessing.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just looked up his bio and he’s never been a DC in his career

Couldn't this be said for a lot of the successful DCs in the league right now?

A lot of fans have said they don't want Dallas to hire any has-beens, but apparently we also don't want them to hire anyone who has ever worked for or been associated with McCarthy.

I don't think many are going to be happy unless they specifically get who they wanted, which isn't very likely to happen.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
a coach interviewing someone he knows and has a history with....get outta town.

That Jerry is such a micromanager. So say all the Jerry haters. Whoever McCarthy hires as DC, those that hate Jerry will find a way to blame it on Jerry. That is assuming it is a bad hire. A good hire and those same people will fault Jerry for finally not meddling.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I knew it. Some good DC’s out there and we will not get one of them. We’ll get yet another DC that no one else is looking at and doesn’t work out.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's face it -- we won't know if he's a mistake or not until this guy is interviewed, hired and proves what he is, in due time. Conjecture is just that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I knew it. Some good DC’s out there and we will not get one of them. We’ll get yet another DC that no one else is looking at and doesn’t work out.

I can understand the skepticism, but we don't know that it won't work out. There have been plenty of DCs who were secondary coaches, linebacker coaches, etc., and turned out to be great hires.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Let's face it -- we won't know if he's a mistake or not until this guy is interviewed, hired and proves what he is, in due time. Conjecture is just that.
and before you know it it is another 25 years passed of trying
hiring MM was big mistake to start with

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Nepotism 101

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell is going on behind close doors????????? How the hell could anyone from GOD AWFUL Atlanta's organization be considered for any job in the NFL, let a lone the Dallas Cowboys! Seriously if this dude is DC material why wasn't/hasn't he been retained by Atlanta????? The purge started with the wrong coach, Chubs should of been the first one out the door.