Signed by Cowboys Joe Whitt Jr. new secondary coach

basel90

Reaction score
The speed by which Jerry hires these coaches is alarming . None of the resumes are impressive. The MM hire has warning signs and red flags already . MM was supposed to be better than garret . instead the team descended and we got a losing season . This regime will probably need another make over in 2021 or 2022 .

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
this is just going swell....I really hope these are Mccarthy hires, and that he will be canned if this defense is anything similar to atlanta

Already putting my short list of coaching candidates for 2022-23 together....Just plan on us sucking again....and will end w/ a top 5 pick....and end up drafting a RB.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The speed by which Jerry hires these coaches is alarming . None of the resumes are impressive. The MM hire has warning signs and red flags already . MM was supposed to be better than garret . instead the team descended and we got a losing season . This regime will probably need another make over in 2021 or 2022 .

It seems so but every now and then, the stars align and everything falls into line.

Jerry's forever known to be bucking the odds but strange things can happen! o_O

Sometimes, the circumstances work against coaches, then their fortunes change.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If I report it, its official you salty dog.

Since you don't work for the Cowboys as their PR person, I don't care that you think what you say is official. As I've said when I hear it's official FROM THE COWBOYS then I'll believe it.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure I like that very much, I could be wrong,
but I just don't get hiring guys who led terrible defenses and secondaries, to come fix your terrible defense and secondary. Hmmmm:huh:

Time will tell I guess, but sure sounds like a good way to start out on the wrong foot.

CWR

Reaction score
Since you don't work for the Cowboys as their PR person, I don't care that you think what you say is official. As I've said when I hear it's official FROM THE COWBOYS then I'll believe it.

Its ok brutha. Im just telling you, good as gold my man.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Its ok brutha. Im just telling you, good as gold my man.

See a response like that is why you shouldn't be believed. Because I chose to believe things from official sources you come back with name calling. VERY CHILDISH.

basel90

Reaction score
It seems so but every now and then, the stars align and everything falls into line.

Jerry's forever known to be bucking the odds but strange things can happen! o_O

Sometimes, the circumstances work against coaches, then their fortunes change.
Hope so . We have waited 26 years already .

cowboygo

Reaction score
who impresses you?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So what happens to Al Harris and company?

BryanBroaddus
@BryanBroaddus
With the hiring of Joe Whitt Jr. My gut feeling is that they’re moving on from Maurice Lindquist. Hearing from college sources he’s hunting a job. Al Harris appears to be staying.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
uh oh ...is this Dave Campo 2.0 … ??

DB coach of the worst passing game defense in NFL .. but he is a McCarthy ole buddy and he was a member of Quinn's defensive team in ATL .
Two familiars means automatic membership ! Truly hope it somehow pans out :confused:

There's something to be said for "ole buddy" hires, the head coach sets the direction and tone of the team (assuming here MM and not Jerry does that on the Cowboys), you need people who both share your vision for the team and can coach it.

There are other factors to consider, but just saying that MM hires familiar faces isn't automatically a bad thing. He only had this year, how do we know Nolan couldn't have turned this defense around next year, assuming full camps and pre-season and some good draft picks? Doesn't appear likely, the defense was so bad this year, but we'll never know.

Maybe Nolan needed money to pay off debts so he could avoid bankruptcy, or some other off the field problem, and MM hired him just so he'd have a job and make some money. Far fetched I know, but that's life.

Let's see how Whitt does, if he's hired, give the man a chance....

CWR

Reaction score
See a response like that is why you shouldn't be believed. Because I chose to believe things from official sources you come back with name calling. VERY CHILDISH.

Lol, I'm actually suprised you kept going. Just pulling your leg because you're so sassy. I dont break any news, unless reposting rotoworld counts. Good instincts. BTW I didn't use the word bruh or bro as an insult my Cowboys brother.

quickccc

Reaction score
There's something to be said for "ole buddy" hires, the head coach sets the direction and tone of the team (assuming here MM and not Jerry does that on the Cowboys), you need people who both share your vision for the team and can coach it.

There are other factors to consider, but just saying that MM hires familiar faces isn't automatically a bad thing. He only had this year, how do we know Nolan couldn't have turned this defense around next year, assuming full camps and pre-season and some good draft picks? Doesn't appear likely, the defense was so bad this year, but we'll never know.

Maybe Nolan needed money to pay off debts so he could avoid bankruptcy, or some other off the field problem, and MM hired him just so he'd have a job and make some money. Far fetched I know, but that's life.

Let's see how Whitt does, if he's hired, give the man a chance....

And as you can see the Cowboys did not and were not willing to take that chance the second time around With Mike Nolan.
Why? ..we can only speculate that they observed, experienced something that didn't give them least bit confidence that Nolan was the kind of guy they can entrust to clean up the act
and set the tone for better results.

- It's clear that the Cowboys are in a Win Now mode and they are not investing years down the road to get there.
They are pushing the Now button vs 2nd chances.

- Nolan wasn't just bad, he placed and set the tone for the Worse Cowboys ever performed, ever on record. Like it or not, that bad move is on McCarthy. That was his buddy that
he placed in good faith that the defensive job was gonna be done.

- Truth be told, i'm not confident about McCarthy’s decision making either, and I actually tend to think the team “ influence “ the Quinn hiring onto McCarthy, if it was up to MM
he would have chosen Joe Whitt Jr. to be his new DC, but that’s my thinking and just opinion.

- But what does factor with Joe Whitt Jr is also that he is familiar with new DC Dan Quinn per his ATL days. .
The secondary performance stats and records doesn’t speak for itself so based off Quinn
Its gonna be on Quinn himself if Whitt Jr. doesn’t perform,.. even more than MM