News: Joey Bosa is a throwback… and that's OK

CCBoy

Reaction score
:lmao:You guys sit around and talk about how I'm not as smart as I think/present and you don't respond to my post. Social relativism is so adorable.

Gossip away but it helps if you are going to sling mud like that you back it up with proof. It's not lost on me that you are still incapable of talking about football as it is actually played. Instead you make it about me.

Fuzzy, sometimes it makes a guy wonder if an accumulative I.Q. were elevated two points, if sedimentary rock would even be achieved...:)

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Beyond Ellis being a disappointment for a top 10 pick do you have any basis for this comparison?

Greg Ellis was a solid starter for several years, but not even his biggest fans would say he was elite. Top 10 picks (especially top 5 picks) should be reserved for special players, not solid players that fit a need.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
I'd actually be interested in hearing this as well, because Greg Ellis came from a system in NC where he lined up outside of the Tight End whereas Bosa lined up in the traditional role. It isn't like you could plug in a tape of the two and draw that conclusion. They are also polar opposites personality wise, as Ellis came into the league as a nice guy who works hard while Bosa comes in with a mean streak and a relentless motor. Bosa comes in with much better hand placement and a more powerful bull rush than Ellis. Edit, Bosa is also twenty and Ellis was twenty three. People keep overlooking just how young Joey Bosa is.

On a side note, I think people need to lay off of Greg Ellis. He was the only decent first round pick Dallas could muster up in the post Jimmy 1990s and it isn't his fault Jerry let the players run wild to the point that had to pass on Moss. He also had two major injuries . That one in 1999 was brutal because it cost him several seasons until he got right again.

I wasn't attempting to compare the two schematically, rather value wise. You could insert Chris Long in place of Greg Ellis and my point would be the same. Both are very solid football players whose contributions to their respective teams didn't correlate with the value of the pick where they were selected.

I actually like Greg Ellis. I just would have liked him a lot more if the Cowboys traded back 10 spots to select him.

jnday

Reaction score
Bosa may be a good player. With the 4th pick, you don't want a good player. You want an impact player, a difference maker, a great player. Bosa is not that kind of player.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bosa may be a good player. With the 4th pick, you don't want a good player. You want an impact player, a difference maker, a great player. Bosa is not that kind of player.

Just as a reality check...project how much Bosa will improve over the next two seasons within the Marinelli system and gaining top levels of strength and power in the off seasons.