Twitter: Joey Porter - Instant Impact

Nickel in this system is different. He has no home here.

Reddy and Speed playing due to injuries. Im not that worried about cb 5-6

Porter will ramp up played like 46%of plays today and be that guy who can play MEG and lock down #1 WR.
Nice MEG reference
 
Bland is done.
Bland as never good at coversge. In his break out yeae, he got toasted by d k Metcalf and they had to put gilmore on him. He has all skills he benefited from Micah abusing o lines and a good d law shipping in with pressure. He actually has to cover now. Plus he only runs 4.52 which isn't very fast for a corner. M Lawrence runs that at 250.
 
Bland doesn't belong on Dallas Defense after this year.

He can play nickel for wherever he can find work next year.

Ferg is another one post June 1st save 7 million in 2027.

They must go.
He's better in the slot against number 3 recevers
 
He's the same guy I saw in that Seattle game where Gilmore had to take over covering his man.
(Micah was playing in that game)
THANK YOU. people like to gloss over that game. That was all I needed to see to know he was a sissy that runs from competition. Dk was known for physicality and drama and bland wanted no part of it. Gilmore was never scared and put the clamps on him. Bland been done ever since that game
 
Bland is done.
Yep. He looked promising as a rookie and then had a breakout year with the record int returns. But that was primarily due to our solid pass rush that year. His injury didnt help and he has never been the same since.
 
While I'm inclined to agree with you that a playoff run seems loony tunes, I'm not totally willing to say it's impossible. Our run D is climbing up and once some of our injured guys come back I can see the team as a whole possible up for ascension... Jerry does seem to be a wheelin and dealin mood, maybe he hooks another impact player? The little devil on my shoulder pokes me and laughs at our cowboys, but the one of the angelic orgin reminds me that teams can start slow and takeoff... I will admit though, I don't have much faith in Shotty, he seems like another Jerry Puppet. During the game when we were losing and things looking like they were headed sideways, especially when shotty tried for a long field goal and gave the texans great field position I said to my family, Shotty might just get fired after this game if we lose and makes a few more boneheaded calls.. I guess he lives to fight another day..
My thoughts since the Commanders game is that IF the Cowboys are good this year they will be good LATE...meaning post Thanksgiving. With a healthy secondary the game changes, especially once JPJ integrates and goes full snaps. His full contribution could tilt what we initially thought before the season began. Fully plugged in he will allow Parker to help and hide Bland to a degree (or whomever may replace him on the boundary). This may give the pass rush an extra second to get home. Absent an EDGE trade, defense by synergy is probably how Dallas will have to do it this year.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,124
Messages
14,668,966
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top