John Hussey is Head Referee for Sunday’s game; Eagles Are 7-0 When He Referees

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Ref cryers are pathetic and as weak as it gets. Same group that beats their chest during the week, and proclaims the game over in the game day thread after a 1st quarter field goal by the opponent. Grow a pair.
NmxkYzIuanBn

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh no! Conspiracy theories everywhere!

Just win the game in a dominant fashion and you won't have to worry. I suspect we will already have 6 threads of cowboys forum fan boys crying about the refs after the game after we lose. Instead of placing the blame squarely on the shoulders of the person who lost the game for us.

Dak.
After we lose? Dak? Bye.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think you’re misunderstanding his post… In the two eagles games he refereed last year, six penalties were called against the Eagles…. it’s not six penalties over seven games.

In 2018, he called 11 penalties against the Eagles in one game… So I think the person who wrote this tweet is being a little bit disingenuous…
Good call. That tweet was a little misleading. Still a concern but I read the tweet as only 6 penalties total in 7 games. I don’t care how disciplined or good a team is that is basically impossible considering a penalty can be called on just about every play. Thank you for clearing that up. I was misled by the tweet.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Can anyone imagine being hopeful, like eagles fans, that we were lucky to get a ref crew that has been advantageous to the Cowboys to the tune of 6 penalties for us to 21 for an opponent?

How many times have we had a ratio like that in the last 15 years? Has it even happened for one game? Maybe…

Anyone feel free to share. If there’s a ref crew I can look forward to seeing like Eagles fans I’d love it. We can only hope we get a crew that doesn’t call a lot of penalties.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Good call. That tweet was a little misleading. Still a concern but I read the tweet as only 6 penalties total in 7 games. I don’t care how disciplined or good a team is that is basically impossible considering a penalty can be called on just about every play. Thank you for clearing that up. I was misled by the tweet.
I disagree that it was a little misleading.

“In those games, the Eagles were penalized just 6 times, compared to 21 for their opponents.”

It’s seems clear.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So, what’s our record with this crew?

What I read was that they don’t call a lot of penalties either way.
Good point, you'd expect us to play to the crew. You plan for how you expect them to interpret the laws.

plymkr

Reaction score
I disagree that it was a little misleading.

“In those games, the Eagles were penalized just 6 times, compared to 21 for their opponents.”

It’s seems clear.
So my question is, is that stat factual? It does seem pretty clear. So is that a factual statement or misrepresentation of the situation.

Either way the NFL needs to see that a team that is 7-0 and significantly lesser penalties is being reffed by the same guy. how does the NFL not look into that?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ref cryers are pathetic and as weak as it gets. Same group that beats their chest during the week, and proclaims the game over in the game day thread after a 1st quarter field goal by the opponent. Grow a pair.

I feel the same about sycophantic ref worshipers that are afraid to even challenge the notion that refs are infallible and that their impact on the game is not significant.

Do you watch sports coverage of the NFL? it’s pretty reasonable to discuss refs and that’s why many people, both professional broadcasters and internet fan forum members, talk about it often. Even moreso lately.

Don’t blindly follow. Be inquisitive. If there’s evidence look into it. Discuss it. It’s ok. “The man” won’t be mad at you. They likely won’t even know you did.

Man up some and don’t be so eager to be led into believing complaining about something you perceive possibly isn’t right is bad. It’s healthy. Try it. It’s what this country was founded on.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So my question is, is that stat factual? It does seem pretty clear. So is that a factual statement or misrepresentation of the situation.

Either way the NFL needs to see that a team that is 7-0 and significantly lesser penalties is being reffed by the same guy. how does the NFL not look into that?
They don’t care. It’s pretty obvious

Hadenough

Reaction score
Didn't you just love that call at the end of the SB when the Eagles CB was holding on that Chiefs WR. I thought it was a good call.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Mehhh I use to tell my team you have to assume all refs are crap and if you get a good one it's a bonus. Nothing new that Dallas is playing against two opponents.
At least the Eagles are looking weak.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Considering they win almost all of their games, it probably wouldn’t matter who was out there.

EGTuna

Reaction score
This is more of a reflection of the Eagles winning a lot of games over the last 5 years. I imagine most crews posted a lopsided record for Pats games from 2001-2019. Same with Dallas from 1991-1996.

Refs miss calls for all teams all the time.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I think the eagles won those 7 games only because he was the head ref.
Cant never be that they won because they are a good team.

EFFF those biased refs.

What i never will understand is: everbody hates the city of Philly and also the franchise. But somehow the NFL found refs that love this team. Maybe those refs are aliens who want to - together with Godell - take over the world?! Reptiloids... Who knows.
I heard there were some crooked ref teams that worked games for the 85 bears, the Montana 49ers, and the Brady Patriots. Those refs were crooked too as evidenced by the fact that those teams almost always won. There has to be SOME reason those teams won a lot: THE REFS

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This is more of a reflection of the Eagles winning a lot of games over the last 5 years. I imagine most crews posted a lopsided record for Pats games from 2001-2019. Same with Dallas from 1991-1996.

Refs miss calls for all teams all the time.
Jinx....buy me a coke

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Did anyone else realize that John Hussey was a member here?