John Hussey is Head Referee for Sunday’s game; Eagles Are 7-0 When He Referees

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
It does seem like an unusual reaction to have quite a few fans that actually applaud a referee assignment. Eagles fans seem pretty thrilled by the announcement.
Who exactly is applauding? My only response was pointing out that the original tweet is total crap… Not accurate at all… Intentionally misleading…

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Wow. I don’t understand how the NFL can look at the numbers and see that the Eagles are undefeated with this guy as a ref and the penalties are almost 3 to 1 in favor of the Eagles and still allow him to ref.
They were 3 to 1 over a two game sample size. He called 11 penalties against them in one game a couple years ago.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Are we surprised? I've always maintained, if we wanna defeat the Eagles, we better win by at least 2 tds or the refs will decide the game for us. The NFL has always been involved with shady dealings with determining outcomes since its inception.ie when it was the AFL. Nothing has changed. Its understood.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
the 1 excuse thats valid is the refs. Its been lopsided anytime they call an Eagle game. Heck,its almost like they have their marching orders from someone.....hmmm...would they?
I think Mickey Mouse was on the moon too.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Surprised it took until Friday for excuses to start being made about the officiating on Sunday. Fans already looking for excuses if the Cowboys lose. :rolleyes:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Surprised it took until Friday for excuses to start being made about the officiating on Sunday. Fans already looking for excuses if the Cowboys lose. :rolleyes:
no. Maybe, but not me. Im just saying the refs have been crap.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
7 and 0 over how many years? how does that compare to other crews over the same length of time.
All this data is since 2016. Besides the 2 games last year, this ref hasn't worked a Philly game since 2019 with 0 of their games reffed in 2020 and 2021. Philly is 7-0 in those games but played 5 of the 7 games at home with the only road games being at Jacksonville in 2018 and at Buffalo in 2019.

The Cowboys are 4-2 with this ref over the same time period by the way, with 3 games each at home and on the road.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Are we surprised? I've always maintained, if we wanna defeat the Eagles, we better win by at least 2 tds or the refs will decide the game for us. The NFL has always been involved with shady dealings with determining outcomes since its inception.ie when it was the AFL. Nothing has changed. Its understood.
I guess something changed in the last five years lol… in the following game we won in overtime…

Referees suck… But overtime it evens out… Of course that sucks when a bad call screws you… we need a process where anything can be challenged…

Rayman70

Reaction score
I guess something changed in the last five years lol… in the following game we won in overtime…

Referees suck… But overtime it evens out… Of course that sucks when a bad call screws you… we need a process where anything can be challenged…

Im not saying its each and every game. Much depends on which crew we get. Don't try to tell me every ref and crew is as pure as the driven snow. Think for yourself.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
So, what’s our record with this crew?

What I read was that they don’t call a lot of penalties either way.
This dude with the weird upper lip is the worst...I swear he get more camera time during dallas games than Players themselves.

Rayman70

Reaction score

so you subscribe to the eyes wideshut theory?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
no. Maybe, but not me. Im just saying the refs have been crap.
They make some great calls and they miss some calls. The human element is going to lead to mistakes. It’s been the same over the years. It’s just that we notice the bad and missed calls a lot more these days because of technology. We have cameras and camera angles that we never had years ago and they’re all in HD super slo-mo quality. We catch every single mistake and missed call. You have ridiculous fans who think the missed and bad calls are intentional because there’s a bias against certain teams. There’s some extremely wacky fans out there who actually believe the games are fixed/rigged. :rolleyes: They think games are predetermined and that the league already has the Super Bowl teams lined up. :facepalm: Some have compared the NFL to professional wrestling. :laugh: I don’t even waste my time having discussions about any football related topics with these fans because I know I’m dealing with a nutcase. If they actually believe some of the laughable BS they spew they shouldn’t waste their time watching NFL football.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Wow. I don’t understand how the NFL can look at the numbers and see that the Eagles are undefeated with this guy as a ref and the penalties are almost 3 to 1 in favor of the Eagles and still allow him to ref.
It fits the NFL agenda.

erod

Reaction score
Oh my gawd.

So embarrassing to be a fan of this franchise sometimes.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I looked at that source that was posted there.

They post the ref crew that will be working games before EVERY game they play...as well as their record under them. Hint...they have a great record with every crew, as they have won many many more games than they've lost recently.

They also post what the weather is anticipated to be before every game.

Look at the records of different crews with us over the last couple years. Also...very good records for all of them. Why? Because we haven't lost many games.

Once you dig a bit deeper into things....they often aren't the juicy little tidbits you were hoping they'd be.

This is as silly as posting a link that says "We've noticed that 90% of multi-millionaires drive either a BMW, Mercedes, or Porsche. Therefore.....all you need to do is go buy a BMW, Mercedes or Porsche and you will become a multi-millionaire!"

Sure the record is easy enough to explain away, but not the disparity in penalties. That source was not the only one thrilled about the ref assignments, many others were as well and that in itself is an unusual reaction.

I do think the league has them crack down or ease up on certain calls and that can, at times can look like favoritism. I think some QBs benefit getting calls more than others. Some games are called tighter than others, what gets called in one game doesn't get called in others. I do think whether consciously or unconsciously, there are make up calls from time to time. Refs miss calls in every game, but some are pretty egregious with no reasonable explanation. Refs miss calls in every game, but some are pretty egregious with no reasonable explanation. I don't think the refs consciously favor a particular team and a lot are chalked up to judgement calls and that inconsistency can look like favoritism.