John Hussey is Head Referee for Sunday’s game; Eagles Are 7-0 When He Referees

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It does seem like an unusual reaction to have quite a few fans that actually applaud a referee assignment. Eagles fans seem pretty thrilled by the announcement.
I looked at that source that was posted there.

They post the ref crew that will be working games before EVERY game they play...as well as their record under them. Hint...they have a great record with every crew, as they have won many many more games than they've lost recently.

They also post what the weather is anticipated to be before every game.

Look at the records of different crews with us over the last couple years. Also...very good records for all of them. Why? Because we haven't lost many games.

Once you dig a bit deeper into things....they often aren't the juicy little tidbits you were hoping they'd be.

This is as silly as posting a link that says "We've noticed that 90% of multi-millionaires drive either a BMW, Mercedes, or Porsche. Therefore.....all you need to do is go buy a BMW, Mercedes or Porsche and you will become a multi-millionaire!"

Kwyn

Reaction score
So my question is, is that stat factual? It does seem pretty clear. So is that a factual statement or misrepresentation of the situation.

Either way the NFL needs to see that a team that is 7-0 and significantly lesser penalties is being reffed by the same guy. how does the NFL not look into that?
What if they are a team that wins 12-14 wins a year?

I imagine that the Cowboys have some crews where we win a to of games.

This just seems like a stat, without context, that doesn’t really mean much.

Kwyn

Reaction score

They post the ref crew that will be working games before EVERY game they play...as well as their record under them. Hint...they have a great record with every crew, as they have won many many more games than they've lost recently.

Look at the records of different crews with us over the last couple years. Also...very good records for all of them. Why? Because we haven't lost many games.

Once you dig a bit deeper into things....they often aren't the juicy little tidbits you were hoping they'd be.

This is as silly as posting a link that says "We've noticed that 90% of multi-millionaires drive either a BMW, Mercedes, or Porsche. Therefore.....all you need to do is go buy a BMW, Mercedes or Porsche and you will become a multi-millionaire!"

I’ve heard that shark attacks on beaches go up during the summer.

Ice cream sales at the same beach also increase during that time.

If people would stop eating so much damn ice cream in the summer, shark attacks would go down!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Good call. That tweet was a little misleading. Still a concern but I read the tweet as only 6 penalties total in 7 games. I don’t care how disciplined or good a team is that is basically impossible considering a penalty can be called on just about every play. Thank you for clearing that up. I was misled by the tweet.
Actually after reading it again. And again. It is not worded well and is misleading. You're right.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just gonna say we live in the world with too d*** many stats. LOL.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Maybe you’re going too far with your eagles defense? Especially lately. Almost like you have some emotional investment. Naw. You just love the Cowboys that much!!

*Eagles 6 penalties and their opponents 21 with this crew.

*Of the 25 games with zero penalties the Cowboys are the opposition in 5 of them.

Scotman

Reaction score
What's the over/under on the Cowboys getting a flag that Rick Harrison has to call in a friend to authenticate it for him because he's never actually seen one before?

Praxit

Reaction score
I dont mind Jim and his crew. This guy with the MAD face character, and his crew.

They seem to be off or bias from time to time.

f5780-16946116048433-1920.jpg
alfrede.jpg

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
8-0 after Sunday. I know people getting hopes up high for East. It's not happening. Cowboys have brutal schedule.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Maybe you’re going too far with your eagles defense? Especially lately. Almost like you have some emotional investment. Naw. You just love the Cowboys that much!!

*Eagles 6 penalties and their opponents 21 with this crew.

*Of the 25 games with zero penalties the Cowboys are the opposition in 5 of them.
Not Eagles defense..... Rational Logic defense.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I’ve heard that shark attacks on beaches go up during the summer.

Ice cream sales at the same beach also increase during that time.

If people would stop eating so much damn ice cream in the summer, shark attacks would go down!
Thanks.

I was getting ready to go buy so.e ice cream for lunch. NOT DOING IT NOW!!!

Cookies -n- Cream is good, but I don't want to dam shark attacking me in the supermarket parking lot!

Think I'll get some pie instead. Lemme know if pie makes me more vulnerable to any sort of attack from the Animal kingdom or not

FloridaRob

Reaction score
7 and 0 over how many years? how does that compare to other crews over the same length of time.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
What if they are a team that wins 12-14 wins a year?

I imagine that the Cowboys have some crews where we win a to of games.

This just seems like a stat, without context, that doesn’t really mean much.
What's this "context" you speak of when shrilly emotions need to be flared?!?!?!