Twitter: John Madden talks Cowboys - 12/18/13

chicago JK

Reaction score
SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL26m
John Madden sums up the @dallascowboys "There's too many spoons in the pot"

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL18m
Madden on Tony Romo "No matter how you cut it, he's one of the 10 best QB's in the NFL but they just don't have the talent in Dallas"

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL16m
More Madden "Jason Garrett knew what he was getting into. Jerry Jones has been the same way since he's been digging for oil" #Cowboys

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio16m
Madden on what he would have said to Dez Bryant as he was walking away: "Get your butt back here"

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio17m
Madden on Dez leaving field early: "Yeah, I had a big problem with it.. There's no excuse for it" #Cowboys

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio19m
Madden on DAL: "We can blame Jerry (Jones), Jason Garrett... but at some point we look at the roster and see they don't have good players"

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio20m
Madden on Cowboys: "Do (they) have the players to be one of the best teams in the league? No (they) don't"

Expand

links18

Reaction score
I thought our talent had nothing but potential? At least that's what I read here......

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
So what youre saying, Madden, is that we have a chance! ALRIGHT! ... we put on a show! so much fun to watch!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our talent is overrated. Our Owner is a disaster. Garret is a disaster. Kiffin is beyond a disaster if that is possible, Callahan is a joke if there ever was one. There are a few very special players on the team but that isn't going to get it done. There are also some highly overpaid veteran players not getting the job done. This team has a lot of issues that will not be resolved overnight, or in one season.

Buckle up.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Our talent is overrated. Our Owner is a disaster. Garret is a disaster. Kiffin is beyond a disaster if that is possible, Callahan is a joke if there ever was one. There are a few very special players on the team but that isn't going to get it done. There are also some highly overpaid veteran players not getting the job done. This team has a lot of issues that will not be resolved overnight, or in one season.

Buckle up.

There's only 2 special players on this team IMHO. Dez and Tyron Smith. Romo's good but he's not special. Ware and Witten were.

Lee's good but he's not Kuechly special.

Smith22

Reaction score
Maybe 10 good players on this roster.

1. Romo
  2. Bryant
  3. Witten (going strong, plenty of TDs this year)
  4. Tyron Smith (future of OL)
  5. Frederick (future of OL)
  6. Murray (injury issues, but when healthy he can play, would help if JG would run the ball)
  7. Lee
  8. Hatcher (career season in 4-3, but fading after stinger/neck issue)
  9. Carr
  10. Harris (PR/KR)
  11. Bailey (easily top 5 kicker)

Close:

Ware (injuries and age are killing him)
Carter (beast last year, struggling now in 4-3 and hurt)
Leary (producing, but knee is an issue)
Scandrick (doesn't make plays on the ball, but usually is in good position, which is more than I can say for Mo)
Selvie (solid production until injury)

silver

Reaction score
It all points to Jerry. The roster is not good? That's on Jerry. The coaches are not good? That's on Jerry. Dez disrepect the coaches? That's on Jerry for undermining the coache's authority.

Gameover

Reaction score
Since we have no talent, I guess its ok for a top 10 qb to blow a 36-31 lead w/ under five minutes to play, Mr.Madden?

Would it not be ok for Tony to blow games if the Cowboy did have talent, Mr.Madden?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Since we have no talent, I guess its ok for a top 10 qb to blow a 36-31 lead w/ under five minutes to play, Mr.Madden?

Right, Tony should have played CB to stop the next 5 drives that went for 5 TDs. Romo is the only QB in the NFL thats not allowed to throw INTs and must always put up around 40 points or something is wrong.