Twitter: John Madden talks Cowboys - 12/18/13

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
How many truly "special" players do most good teams have, though?

We may not have the talent to be some kind of dynasty, but we have enough to be a lot better than we have been. Just don't puke up two very winnable games vs the Lions and Packers and we're 9-5 right now heading into a decimated Commanders team.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
  1. Romo
  2. Bryant
  3. Witten (going strong, plenty of TDs this year)
  4. Tyron Smith (future of OL)
  5. Frederick (future of OL)
  6. Murray (injury issues, but when healthy he can play, would help if JG would run the ball)
  7. Lee
  8. Hatcher (career season in 4-3, but fading after stinger/neck issue)
  9. Carr
  10. Harris (PR/KR)
  11. Bailey (easily top 5 kicker)
Close:

Ware (injuries and age are killing him)
Carter (beast last year, struggling now in 4-3 and hurt)
Leary (producing, but knee is an issue)
Scandrick (doesn't make plays on the ball, but usually is in good position, which is more than I can say for Mo)
Selvie (solid production until injury)

Church.. hes everywhere making tackles

Dodger12

Reaction score
SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL26m
John Madden sums up the @dallascowboys "There's too many spoons in the pot"

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio19m
Madden on DAL: "We can blame Jerry (Jones), Jason Garrett... but at some point we look at the roster and see they don't have good players"

Obviously Madden didn't get the memo. The organization is structured this way, with everyone having a say and then making a "group" decision. This is how all franchises are run but he wouldn't know this because he's been away from the game for so long and he's not in tune with how today's NFL front offices work.

And it also looks like Mr. Madden didn't get the memo about these improve Garrett led drafts that we've had around here recently. He has no idea what he's talking about.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Since we have no talent, I guess its ok for a top 10 qb to blow a 36-31 lead w/ under five minutes to play, Mr.Madden?

Would it not be ok for Tony to blow games if the Cowboy did have talent, Mr.Madden?

He'd say that would be a team effort. Then he'd laugh at your signature and walk way while you cried tears of Romo haterade.

That's if Romo had a bad game, though. You'd be playing with your Orton doll in your basement if he'd just led another 4th quarter game winning drive.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
  1. Romo
  2. Bryant
  3. Witten (going strong, plenty of TDs this year)
  4. Tyron Smith (future of OL)
  5. Frederick (future of OL)
  6. Murray (injury issues, but when healthy he can play, would help if JG would run the ball)
  7. Lee
  8. Hatcher (career season in 4-3, but fading after stinger/neck issue)
  9. Carr
  10. Harris (PR/KR)
  11. Bailey (easily top 5 kicker)
Close:

Ware (injuries and age are killing him)
Carter (beast last year, struggling now in 4-3 and hurt)
Leary (producing, but knee is an issue)
Scandrick (doesn't make plays on the ball, but usually is in good position, which is more than I can say for Mo)
Selvie (solid production until injury)

As much as I love Lee, its hard to throw him in there if his career is really only going to be 8-10 games a season healthy. About as useful as Miles 8 games down the road

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Right, Tony should have played CB to stop the next 5 drives that went for 5 TDs. Romo is the only QB in the NFL thats not allowed to throw INTs and must always put up around 40 points or something is wrong.

Or, cut to the Cliff Notes, he should have not thrown the last pick but driven about fifty yards down the field and had his excellent kicker score with a field goal.

It was set up for him, Regardless of what the defense did. Win it, Tony. But he didn't, did he?

Gameover

Reaction score
He'd say that would be a team effort. Then he'd laugh at your signature and walk way while you cried tears of Romo haterade.

That's if Romo had a bad game, though. You'd be playing with your Orton doll in your basement if he'd just led another 4th quarter game winning drive.

Im a pig in slop watching Tony puke his guts out. Cant wait until he chokes away the season finale! I just hate when people defend the chubby bum.

Orton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Romo all day, hundred times on Sundays

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Because clearly it was the QB that allowed 34 points in one half.

No, it was the QB that tossed a pick in the last series as he had the table set to drive for the winning field goal.

If Dallas gets the ball back and the QB tosses a pick, what the defense did is moot.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Or, cut to the Cliff Notes, he should have not thrown the last pick but driven about fifty yards down the field and had his excellent kicker score with a field goal.

It was set up for him, r3egardless of what the defense did. Win it, Tony. But he didn't, did he?

Yeah its too bad the Pack didnt punt 1 time in the second half, one stop was all it took. Orrrrr Tony should just keep up with everyone we play, when opposing QBs have the advantage of playing against the worst defense in NFL history.

wileedog

Reaction score
No, it was the QB that tossed a pick in the last series as he had the table set to drive for the winning field goal.

If Dallas gets the ball back and the QB tosses a pick, what the defense did is moot.

Gimme a break. Lets just pretend the 58 minutes of football didn't happen so you can paint the blame on the guy you don't like.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Gimme a break. Lets just pretend the 58 minutes of football didn't happen so you can paint the blame on the guy you don't like.

Last team with the ball wins. That is what this game was about. Just like the Broncos game.

Same results, by the way.

And you need to check your assignment of who I like and don't like at the door. I have far tooi many posts on this board suggesting I like Romo a great deal.

I just refuse to make excuses for him like some do. If that hit too close to home for you, I apologize

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
he made a bad INT theres no doubt about it... but there is doubt as to why this team is seemingly on their heels in spite of the fact that we put up 30-40 pts a game.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Yeah its too bad the Pack didnt punt 1 time in the second half, one stop was all it took. Orrrrr Tony should just keep up with everyone we play, when opposing QBs have the advantage of playing against the worst defense in NFL history.

Did Dallas have the ball and the chance to drive for the winning points?

Yes or no?

All the other window dressing you and others are doing ignores the fact that the defense didn't matter when Romo had the ball and was behind by one point and then threw a pick.

You cannot get out of the way of the facts by putting the onus on what happened before Dallas got the ball the final time.

It contributed to the loss, but the final pick was the game over moment. There is no refuting that.