Twitter: John Madden talks Cowboys - 12/18/13

Gameover

Reaction score
Says the guy who totally ignores 5 straight TD drives....................you do realize that other teams have this group of players called "defense" and they actually keep the other team from scoring a TD every drive. I know, it sounds crazy but I actually googled it and there is such a thing called a defense. I have never seen one, but apparently they do exist.

We really should get Romo one of these things and see what happens.

If we do get one of these defenses, I hope they will be good enough for us to have TD+ leads in the fourth qtrs. if their not, we're still screwed!!

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Our talent is overrated. Our Owner is a disaster. Garret is a disaster. Kiffin is beyond a disaster if that is possible, Callahan is a joke if there ever was one. There are a few very special players on the team but that isn't going to get it done. There are also some highly overpaid veteran players not getting the job done. This team has a lot of issues that will not be resolved overnight, or in one season.

Buckle up.

I like your opinion here. No blind homer in you!

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Lee is a better coverage MLB and has made more turnover plays in the air than Kuechly. But. Kuechly makes those at the position often enough also. Lee is also organized to do that in more plays because that's his strength.

But yes, I do respect Kuechly as the better 4-3 MLB. Injuries are 20 percent of the belief only because Sean does get hurt when being involve in high volume tackling. WR's get schemed to blow him over in the process. While he has to blitz which rarely happens because he just won't get to the QB consistently it's like a fish out f water. Kuechly does it out and he certainly gets to the ball carrier to the best or them. That's what a Albert and most specifically a MLB is to do.

So look, do you think Sean Lee is a better overall MLB than Luke Kuechly is?

I see the same caliber. I think Lee would look like Kuechly and make a few more plays than he if he had some studs up front keeping the trash away but I think it's close. Instincts tell me Lee is better but I think it's splitting hairs. I respect your points though. If I had to factor health in in the past and predicting health into the future, I would rather have Kuechly. If you told me Lee would be healthy, I would choose him over Kuechly. Great players though.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
The way I see it is if Romo would have orchestrated a drive for the winning score, then he would have been the hero.

However, he didn't, and therefore, he is the goat.

So many games anymore come down to the last drive. And yes, it's the HC and QB who get the fame or the blame. Do we like it? No. But that's just the way it is.