Twitter: John Madden talks Cowboys - 12/18/13

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
a HOF coach just basically said you are full of crap. Have a nice day.

Don't you get tired of this? Seriously, how can you see it time and again and not get tired of the rresults?

How can the game day thread have people predicting the demise by a pick from Romo and that not be a certain truth to the matter.

I am not suggesting he is not a terrific quarterback.

I am saying he lost the freaking game just like he did against the Broncos. That is a fact, no matter how you wish to rewrite it.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Or stop the other team from scoring and never falling behind in the first place. Theres an even safer ending that doesnt include putting the player, Romo, on the field.

So then you don't want Romo on the field?

Oh, you don't want Romo on the field in the last minutes of games where he has the opportunity to win the game because he has a penchant for tossing picks at that point recently.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Don't you get tired of this? Seriously, how can you see it time and again and not get tired of the rresults?

How can the game day thread have people predicting the demise by a pick from Romo and that not be a certain truth to the matter.

I am not suggesting he is not a terrific quarterback.

I am saying he lost the freaking game just like he did against the Broncos. That is a fact, no matter how you wish to rewrite it.

And you are wrong as those who actually know what they are talking about have said. The only people backing you are the known Romo haters and such intellectual giants like
Marshal Faulk

burmafrd

Reaction score
So then you don't want Romo on the field?

Oh, you don't want Romo on the field in the last minutes of games where he has the opportunity to win the game because he has a penchant for tossing picks at that point recently.

GEE that is your wet dream right there

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
And you are wrong as those who actually know what they are talking about have said. The only people backing you are the known Romo haters and such intellectual giants like
Marshal Faulk

Your opinion of me doesn't matter. What does matter is the fact that you frame this discussion so you can belittle me and try and use Madden's words to back you up.

But what6 you don't get, and this is appar3ent since you continue to make these claims, is that I like Romo.

I just don't make excuses for him when he has the game in his hands and he throws a pick.

Madden said he was top ten. I agree.

But all QB's lose games because of their actions.

I have yet to see a quarterback in this league not make an errant throw and the other team wins.

If the score was GB 12 and Dallas 10 and Romo toss the pick, what would your excuse be then?

The point is both the GB game and the Den game were winnable regardless of what happened before.

But Romo gave up a turnover in both at just the moment in the game for the other team to win.

And you cannot find anyone, including Madden or any of the talking heads who will look at a game such as that and frame it any other way.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
GEE that is your wet dream right there

I want Romo to stop turning the ball over, take the offense and shove the football down the throats of the other team and win.

Don't speak for me, You are so consistently wrong in your ideas that is is scary.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I thought our talent had nothing but potential? At least that's what I read here......

Offensively we have plenty of talent.

Solid Oline, Above avg receivers, a better than AVG RB, with a top 10 QB.. We should be better on that side of the ball.

Defensively we have a bad scheme, injuries, and a weak DL. With that said I don't think we should be the worst defense of all time.

wileedog

Reaction score
Solid Oline, Above avg receivers, a better than AVG RB, with a top 10 QB.. We should be better on that side of the ball..

In fairness, we are 4th in the league in scoring, averaging a very solid 28 points per game. If we had a merely bad defense we would be talking about who we were going to be matching up with in the playoffs right now.

Smith22

Reaction score
Offensively we have plenty of talent.

Solid Oline, Above avg receivers, a better than AVG RB, with a top 10 QB.. We should be better on that side of the ball.

Defensively we have a bad scheme, injuries, and a weak DL. With that said I don't think we should be the worst defense of all time.

1 above average WR and TE. Miles is garbage and TWill is learning. And a coach who hates calling running plays.

Reaction score
A more accurate interpretation of the Packers game was that Romo played very well to give the defense a 26-3 lead at halftime and the defense pissed it away. Again.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
There's only 2 special players on this team IMHO. Dez and Tyron Smith. Romo's good but he's not special. Ware and Witten were.

Lee's good but he's not Kuechly special.

I assume you are downgrading Lee from Kuechly due to injuries for Lee. Or do you think Kuechly is in a different class than Lee on talent and play? If the latter, I disagree. Lee is a straight up playmaker for this team and is the catalyst for many of the turnovers this team gets. Lee is better in coverage while I believe Kuechly covers the field better.

mugsybows

Reaction score
i remember reading something here awhile back that Jerry asked madden for advice and madden said the guy you should hire for the defense coordinator job is Kiffin. i could be wrong, maybe i just imagined that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
In fairness, we are 4th in the league in scoring, averaging a very solid 28 points per game. If we had a merely bad defense we would be talking about who we were going to be matching up with in the playoffs right now.

There is a lot of junk scores and stuff that come late in games. These numbers don't show how inept our offense really is and anyone who actually watches the games knows this.

fifaguy

Reaction score
  1. Romo
  2. Bryant
  3. Witten (going strong, plenty of TDs this year)
  4. Tyron Smith (future of OL)
  5. Frederick (future of OL)
  6. Murray (injury issues, but when healthy he can play, would help if JG would run the ball)
  7. Lee
  8. Hatcher (career season in 4-3, but fading after stinger/neck issue)
  9. Carr
  10. Harris (PR/KR)
  11. Bailey (easily top 5 kicker)
Close:

Ware (injuries and age are killing him)
Carter (beast last year, struggling now in 4-3 and hurt)
Leary (producing, but knee is an issue)
Scandrick (doesn't make plays on the ball, but usually is in good position, which is more than I can say for Mo)
Selvie (solid production until injury)

Beasley almost there??

theSHOW

Reaction score
the offense has talent plus a piss poor gameplan and the clock management ivy league braintrust who must have been tutored to the hilt to get a degree from Princeton. Dez is Cancer the defense sad.
1. new gm
2. new coaching
3. cut/trade Dez, Ware, Lee, Spencer, Orton, Church & Carter. Maybe a benching and some hard discipline will get Dez to understand but a trade is safer and better since his childish act will not re up anyhow. Maybe we can make Carter the 2nd string mlb. Trading those 1st 3 players would gain a few decent draft picks.