Twitter: John Madden talks Cowboys - 12/18/13

mrmojo

Reaction score
There is a lot of junk scores and stuff that come late in games. These numbers don't show how inept our offense really is and anyone who actually watches the games knows this.
Yup, and it also doesn't take into consideration trading TD's for field goals like we did this past Sunday, not a very well oiled machine. Stats can be misleading but are great if your contract is up.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL26m
John Madden sums up the @dallascowboys "There's too many spoons in the pot"

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL18m
Madden on Tony Romo "No matter how you cut it, he's one of the 10 best QB's in the NFL but they just don't have the talent in Dallas"

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL16m
More Madden "Jason Garrett knew what he was getting into. Jerry Jones has been the same way since he's been digging for oil" #Cowboys

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio16m
Madden on what he would have said to Dez Bryant as he was walking away: "Get your butt back here"

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio17m
Madden on Dez leaving field early: "Yeah, I had a big problem with it.. There's no excuse for it" #Cowboys

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio19m
Madden on DAL: "We can blame Jerry (Jones), Jason Garrett... but at some point we look at the roster and see they don't have good players"

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio20m
Madden on Cowboys: "Do (they) have the players to be one of the best teams in the league? No (they) don't"

Expand

It would be awesome if he said these lines on the game…

(not like I've played them in 15 years… )

wileedog

Reaction score
There is a lot of junk scores and stuff that come late in games. These numbers don't show how inept our offense really is and anyone who actually watches the games knows this.

Dude come one. You don't get to rated 4th in the league on "junk scores."

The offense hasn't always produced when needed, but they haven't been the problem with this team, other than some weird aversion to running the ball.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I agree the second half was a disaster.

But it is Romo's job to go and win that game. Is it not? Regardless this is a team game and it is his job to bail pout a lousy defense.

He did not, just like he did not in the Bronco game. Both times he could have mastered a drive to a winning field goal and this place would have been erecting statues.

So if he makes a comeback he is a hero.

If he does not, and it is based on him throwing a pick that makes him the goat.

I did not make those rules, but that's the way it goes.

Yep that's why Brady and Manning were goats on Sunday throwing game ending picks, Brady's in the end zone. Nothing else matters not the past or future it's right now and all three failed.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Because clearly it was the QB that allowed 34 points in one half.

Yes, and he only scored 10 points after leading 22-3. The loss was a team loss. While the D stopped the Packers in the first half they gave up 34 points in the second half. The O scored 23 or 26 points in the first and only 9 or 10 in the second. The D gets a little credit for the O's points in the first and the O takes some blame for the D giving up so many points in the second.

You can find blame in every direction you look.

Zordon

Reaction score
smart man, even after all these years. notice he didn't spew that bspn myth that we're a team full of talent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dude come one. You don't get to rated 4th in the league on "junk scores."

The offense hasn't always produced when needed, but they haven't been the problem with this team, other than some weird aversion to running the ball.

The whole thing is a mess including our offense.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Our talent is overrated. Our Owner is a disaster. Garret is a disaster. Kiffin is beyond a disaster if that is possible, Callahan is a joke if there ever was one. There are a few very special players on the team but that isn't going to get it done. There are also some highly overpaid veteran players not getting the job done. This team has a lot of issues that will not be resolved overnight, or in one season.

Buckle up.

And put your helmet on.

kramskoi

Reaction score
SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL26m
John Madden sums up the @dallascowboys "There's too many spoons in the pot"

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL18m
Madden on Tony Romo "No matter how you cut it, he's one of the 10 best QB's in the NFL but they just don't have the talent in Dallas"

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL16m
More Madden "Jason Garrett knew what he was getting into. Jerry Jones has been the same way since he's been digging for oil" #Cowboys

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio16m
Madden on what he would have said to Dez Bryant as he was walking away: "Get your butt back here"

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio17m
Madden on Dez leaving field early: "Yeah, I had a big problem with it.. There's no excuse for it" #Cowboys

Madden on DAL: "We can blame Jerry (Jones), Jason Garrett... but at some point we look at the roster and see they don't have good players"

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio20m
Madden on Cowboys: "Do (they) have the players to be one of the best teams in the league? No (they) don't"

Expand

Madden is in the weeds with some of this...

If you can't blame Jones and Garrett for the lack of talent and coaching prowess then WHO CAN YOU BLAME???
They both draft and they both coach... Bad logic!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Since we have no talent, I guess its ok for a top 10 qb to blow a 36-31 lead w/ under five minutes to play, Mr.Madden?

Would it not be ok for Tony to blow games if the Cowboy did have talent, Mr.Madden?

Says the guy who totally ignores 5 straight TD drives....................you do realize that other teams have this group of players called "defense" and they actually keep the other team from scoring a TD every drive. I know, it sounds crazy but I actually googled it and there is such a thing called a defense. I have never seen one, but apparently they do exist.

We really should get Romo one of these things and see what happens.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio1h
Madden on DAL: "You assume they have good players.. you think they're Lombardi's Packers, and they're as far from that as you could be"

Mad Dog Sports Radio ‏@MadDogRadio1h
Madden on DAL: "They've had bad draft choices, injuries, haven't built a team.. They really don't do anything consistently well"

But all the Garrett fanboys (the 3 on this board and the 1 that left)..............all told me that while Garrett may not be winning games, he is building a very good roster of players and we have to keep him because of that.

Madden just wiped his arse with that excuse...................HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I assume you are downgrading Lee from Kuechly due to injuries for Lee. Or do you think Kuechly is in a different class than Lee on talent and play? If the latter, I disagree. Lee is a straight up playmaker for this team and is the catalyst for many of the turnovers this team gets. Lee is better in coverage while I believe Kuechly covers the field better.

Lee is a better coverage MLB and has made more turnover plays in the air than Kuechly. But. Kuechly makes those at the position often enough also. Lee is also organized to do that in more plays because that's his strength.

But yes, I do respect Kuechly as the better 4-3 MLB. Injuries are 20 percent of the belief only because Sean does get hurt when being involve in high volume tackling. WR's get schemed to blow him over in the process. While he has to blitz which rarely happens because he just won't get to the QB consistently it's like a fish out f water. Kuechly does it out and he certainly gets to the ball carrier to the best or them. That's what a Albert and most specifically a MLB is to do.

So look, do you think Sean Lee is a better overall MLB than Luke Kuechly is?

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
This team has been walking on a treadmill to nowhere for eighteen years. The only common denominator during that time is Jones.

Sorry to chime in without having posted here in so long but man, I'm just so close to being burnt out. This has been a painful season to watch, in some ways worse than the 3-13 season in Landry's last year followed up by the 1-15 season under Johnson. Maybe it's because the mediocrity has been going on for so long. In a way, I would almost rather have no expectations than tempered expectations.

dupree89

Reaction score
This team has been walking on a treadmill to nowhere for eighteen years. The only common denominator during that time is Jones.

Sorry to chime in without having posted here in so long but man, I'm just so close to being burnt out. This has been a painful season to watch, in some ways worse than the 3-13 season in Landry's last year followed up by the 1-15 season under Johnson. Maybe it's because the mediocrity has been going on for so long. In a way, I would almost rather have no expectations than tempered expectations.

welcome back. And yes, I have said for a long time....I would rather be 1-15 with A PLAN rather than 8-8 with no plan. My fear though is Jerry wont ever again go through a full rebuilding process. Eh eh eh...I said 'process'. Anyway, I just dont think his ego, pride and wallet taking a hit during a rebuild is something he is interested in.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Madden needs to explain why his game is starting to suck more, each year. Lol

Yet, I keep buying!!