Johnny Football's contract

fortdick

Reaction score
I don't know if it has been brought up, but JFF is still on his rookie contract. Seems to me he would be cheaper than a lot of options discussed.

fredp22

Reaction score
Again...why would he change if he came here. With all the attention that was on him and with all his second chances he goes to Vegas and then comes to practice drunk? He's quickly joining the Leaf, Jamarcus team of biggest busts. He reminds me a lot of Steve Howe.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I was in Austin for a conference in early December and got into one of those Pedi-cabs. The guy peddling said he liked his job, got to meet interesting people. He said a couple of days prior Manziel got into his pedicab.

I asked "Did he do anything stupid?"

The guy said "No, but I read he did a couple of days later".

John813

Reaction score
Does that mean anything if he is cut?

Unless, I guess, we pick him off waivers.

If Dallas wants to rebuild the lockerroom atmosphere, it would be wise not to sign a drunk diva.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I don't know if it has been brought up, but JFF is still on his rookie contract. Seems to me he would be cheaper than a lot of options discussed.

Also, has it been brought up that there was a JF sighting at a liquor store in Fort Worth yesterday? He bought a $120.00 bottle of tequila according to witnesses. Take it for what it's worth.

TonyS

Reaction score
The last thing on god's green earth that this team needs is a potential distraction from Johnny Football. He is either so stupid, he can't make the right decisions or he is an addict who can't control himself. Either of those is not a yellow light, but a big freakin' RED light indicating he should not be brought in to mess with our already weak locker room chemistry.

rynochop

Reaction score
Also, has it been brought up that there was a JF sighting at a liquor store in Fort Worth yesterday? He bought a $120.00 bottle of tequila according to witnesses. Take it for what it's worth.

I wasn't the only one who read that. 120 bucks for tequila, dumb and stupid.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Ha, I know there's a difference in cheap and expensive tequila, but after 40 bucks it's all pretty much the same to me.

not don julio 1942. you dont have enough fingers to keep count of the flavors hitting your tongue. seriously. this is no sauza stuff. lol

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
You've obviously never had Don Julio 1942. Lol. It's like $300/bottle. The smoothest, best tasting tequila you'll ever have.

can grab some for under 100bucks where im at at wine and more. its the best damn tequila ive ever had. granted i dont go around drinking expensive tequila much but you get the point.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Ha, I know there's a difference in cheap and expensive tequila, but after 40 bucks it's all pretty much the same to me.

i said the same about scotch by the way until i worked on developing my palette. the more you're around it and experimenting with it the more nuanced your experience becomes.

its like with football. to someone who doesnt know the sport or the game at all they have no idea of the nuances going on with plays and strategies until they get into it and try and study it. develop their view.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I thought the same thing but then read that part of his 2017 contract is guaranteed. Claiming him off waivers is basically a $2 million commitment to him.