Johnny Football's contract

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been brought up, but JFF is still on his rookie contract. Seems to me he would be cheaper than a lot of options discussed.

He might be cheaper than some options, but he couldn't be the only option brought in because of the risks involved.

Would you be comfortable with Manziel being No. 2 behind Romo with only someone like Kellen Moore as the No. 3?

I think Manziel would have to be looked at like a developing draft pick with a vet No. 2 also brought in. Then, does Dallas forgo drafting a first-round or second-round QB because it is developing Manziel?

Ken

Reaction score
Sign me up for Johnny Football any day of the week. He wouldn't be the first partier on the Cowboys and he wouldn't be the last.

If you can get this guy to buy in, you stole a good one. Then draft a developmental guy to hedge your bet.

robjay04

Reaction score
He might be cheaper than some options, but he couldn't be the only option brought in because of the risks involved.

Would you be comfortable with Manziel being No. 2 behind Romo with only someone like Kellen Moore as the No. 3?

I think Manziel would have to be looked at like a developing draft pick with a vet No. 2 also brought in. Then, does Dallas forgo drafting a first-round or second-round QB because it is developing Manziel?

I would only be okay with taking a chance on Manziel if we spent a 2nd-3rd round pick on a QB as well. He will eventually mature but we cannot count on him.

I wonder if he is any of the NFL substance programs. That information is not released to fans until he faces suspension. I am not that scared away by some of the stuff the media has said about him....if he has failed tests in the past, I am worried.

csirl

Reaction score
Doesn't have the talent to be an elite QB. What's worse is he doesn't realise this and so isnt happy to do the graft that a journeyman backup QB needs to do to stick in the league.

NCAA and NFL QBIng are diverging. Being good in the NCAA doesn't necessarily mean you'll be good in the NFL.

JF and RG3 are classic examples of marketing departments influencing draft choices.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Your 2016 Cowboy depth chart:

1. Romo
2a. Manziel
2b. RG3
PS - Showers

'72 Dolphins will be quaking in their walkers.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
To the people who want him, if he manages to overcome all his character issues, where do you see his ceiling as a QB? Unless this guy is the top half of Brady combined with the bottom half of Vick, I don't think his issues make him worth it. We might as well try to fix Jamarcus Russell. Higher ceiling as a QB.

robjay04

Reaction score
To the people who want him, if he manages to overcome all his character issues, where do you see his ceiling as a QB? Unless this guy is the top half of Brady combined with the bottom half of Vick, I don't think his issues make him worth it. We might as well try to fix Jamarcus Russell. Higher ceiling as a QB.

Now I don't care one way or the other BUT...

Anybody who I have heard from that has actually watched the tape on Manziel came away impressed. Bryan Broaddus recently watched all of his snaps and came away very impressed despite the fact that he thought Manziel was a bust before watching the tape. Broaddus is a former scout from a couple different teams.

I am not going to act like I have watched Cleveland Browns football this season. I do know that stats itself can sometimes be misleading especially for a QB with minimal pieces around him.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
That is where I disagree. He can make all the throws. He just needs some time in a system and someone like Romo to teach him how to be a pro.

People talk about how he's an addict, but even if he had the character of Tim Tebow I just don't think he's a good QB.

Eddie

Reaction score
Again...why would he change if he came here. With all the attention that was on him and with all his second chances he goes to Vegas and then comes to practice drunk? He's quickly joining the Leaf, Jamarcus team of biggest busts. He reminds me a lot of Steve Howe.

Steve Howe? Guitarist for Yes and Asia ??

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Sign me up for Johnny Football any day of the week. He wouldn't be the first partier on the Cowboys and he wouldn't be the last.

If you can get this guy to buy in, you stole a good one. Then draft a developmental guy to hedge your bet.

:hammer:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Now I don't care one way or the other BUT...

Anybody who I have heard from that has actually watched the tape on Manziel came away impressed. Bryan Broaddus recently watched all of his snaps and came away very impressed despite the fact that he thought Manziel was a bust before watching the tape. Broaddus is a former scout from a couple different teams.

I am not going to act like I have watched Cleveland Browns football this season. I do know that stats itself can sometimes be misleading especially for a QB with minimal pieces around him.

But how impressive? This guy has to have Andrew Luck potential to make dealing with his baggage worth it.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I know its the 49ers. But these throws are better than anything we saw after Romo by a long shot.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I am undecided about Manziel here.
On one hand, he'd be a capable backp (IMHO) to Tony without us burning a No. 1 draft pick on a QB.
On the other, his maturation might still be a work in progress.
On the other hand he has scrambling skills that remind me a little of Tony.
On the other hand . . . well, that would give me 4 hands, wouldn't it.

Look here, Manziel could not be worse than our other backups last season.
Let's give him a chance (which is entirely up to Sir Jones) and I bet he can learn and grow and mature here.
He loves being famous too much to mess it up in Dallas. I will think he will be smashing here.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Use your noggin people. /facepalm

People always look for the quick fix even if it means committing suicide. This kid is wrecked mentally. Let it freaking go.

Why do people refuse to use reasoning before they do something stupid? They just want to jump straight off a cliff without looking.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
its like with football. to someone who doesnt know the sport or the game at all they have no idea of the nuances going on with plays and strategies until they get into it and try and study it. develop their view.

It's entirely too soon to be trashing Seahawk "fans" like that. Give 'em a week, would ya?!! Amazon shipping is fast, but no way they get their Panther's jerseys by then.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
He's just going to stunt the growth of our First round Pick.