Johnny Maziel***The Definitive Johnny MegaMerge*** Post all Manziel threads/posts here

31smackdown

Reaction score
So what is the bottom line on this guy.. alcoholic? party addiction? immature? ... I'm sure he is not the first player to be dealing with those things, but the stuff with the girlfriend is maybe the most disturbing if it has potential to become a domestic abuse issue. Obviously your franchise QB, can't have these issues. I can see the idea of letting him ride the bench and straighten up, but when you fail so glaringly to be accountable and professional, when given multiple opportunities, there is no way the guy would have the work ethic that a backup requires to improve over time and be ready to play. It would just be a ticking time bomb until the next incident, especially on this team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Just wait .....

The minute the guy gets signed all the hypocrites will be suddenly ok with him and make excuses.

It will be Hardy 2.0

Me? Don't want the guy just like I did not want Hardy.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Manziel has become the Lindsay Lohan of the NFL.

barkley-sleep.gif

RS12

Reaction score
I dont want Bob3 either but at least he has Art Briles talking him up. Who is talking JFB up besides his agent?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Cleveland Browns will release quarterback Johnny Manziel on March 9th when the new league year begins according to a report from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. The Browns can not cut the quarterback sooner than next week according to NFL rules. However, they will wait until the new league year on March 9th because they do not have the salary cap space to absorb the guarantees in his contract.
The Browns released a statement earlier in the day regarding Manziel's future with the team:
"We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field," Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown said. "Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules. We will have no further comment at this time."

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Cleveland-Browns-to-release-Johnny-Manziel-43379299

I agree with the Browns players should have expectations place on them on and off the field.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Quick! Somebody lock Jerry in a brothel until training camp!

That is the reality of this thing. You'd have to lock him up to prevent him from signing the bad boy from Kerrville. Sir Jones wants Johnny. And he wants him bad.
He will brush all advice aside, sign him eventually, and announce to the world that now he won't have to burn a 1st round draft pick on a QB.
Makes sense in an alternative universe kind of way, chaps.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Played well against Pittsburgh and Kansas City late in the year. Shame he cant get his act together.

Junglist

Reaction score
Just wait .....

The minute the guy gets signed all the hypocrites will be suddenly ok with him and make excuses.

It will be Hardy 2.0

Me? Don't want the guy just like I did not want Hardy.

Probably. I won't be one of them. Even if he ever wins a Super Bowl (lol) I won't give him any credit.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Suicide watch is today. No reason to sign him despite him already being in Fort Worth.

You can find him.......

In Da Club

Go, go, go, go go, go, go, shawty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's yo birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a ****
It's not your birthday!1
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub
So come give me a hug
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Probably. I won't be one of them. Even if he ever wins a Super Bowl (lol) I won't give him any credit.

I would give him credit if he came in and proved me wrong ....... but the Hardy jumpers changed their view on him before the guy even played a down.

Until Manziel proves himself ....... he will not get any slack from me ....... idiot is wasting everything given to him.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
bleacher report stating the obvious. Dallas , KC and LA interested in Johnny boy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm going to bet that no club picks him up.

Heard Manziel was hanging with Gene Simmons at a party not long ago he may be trying to woo Johnny into signing with the LA Kiss with the guarantee there won't be any drug or alcohol testing.

Junglist

Reaction score
I would give him credit if he came in and proved me wrong ....... but the Hardy jumpers changed their view on him before the guy even played a down.

Until Manziel proves himself ....... he will not get any slack from me ....... idiot is wasting everything given to him.

Agreed. He's a product of being rich and never having to work for anything. He's not serious about being a QB to me. He's about that spotlight.