Johnny Maziel***The Definitive Johnny MegaMerge*** Post all Manziel threads/posts here

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope they didn't see enough from Wentz to make this move.

Hopefully it's Goff they want but the fact they made the statement right after the senior bowl worries me.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
th

Doomsday101

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Again not saying Jerry did not want him, Jerry and Stephen both said Manziel was a top 5 on their board , just saying given the time that your selection come up and the 10 min you have to turn in the card for the pick tells me it did not take a lot to convince Jerry otherwise.

I know what you're saying but it became apparent Manziel would slide to the Cowboys before they were on the clock. Once Manziel got past the Rams at #13 he was going to be there for the Cowboys at #16 unless someone traded up for him so the discussions to take him started at that point. The Cowboys had plenty of time to hash it over and convince Jerry not to take him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know what you're saying but it became apparent Manziel would slide to the Cowboys before they were on the clock. Once Manziel got past the Rams at #13 he was going to be there for the Cowboys at #16 unless someone traded up for him so the discussions to take him started at that point. The Cowboys had plenty of time to hash it over and convince Jerry not to take him.

Bottom line I don't think it took a lot of arm twisting, If Jerry wants to do something as Owner he can do what he want. Stephen really has little say if Jerry demands anything. The fact that Stephen and others in the room who were opposed to taking him only shows me Jerry will listen if a sound argument is given. BP said the same about Jerry, he listens to what he is being advised but expects a sound reason behind it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bottom line I don't think it took a lot of arm twisting, If Jerry wants to do something as Owner he can do what he want. Stephen really has little say if Jerry demands anything. The fact that Stephen and others in the room who were opposed to taking him only shows me Jerry will listen if a sound argument is given. BP said the same about Jerry, he listens to what he is being advised but expects a sound reason behind it.

That's your opinion but I think there was some arm twisting because many reported prior to the draft that Jerry was in love with Manziel. He said himself he came very close to drafting Manziel. He has the final say but he listens now and the last time he didn't listen he drafted Quincy Carter and that decision ended up biting him in the ***. No one including the coaches could have wanted Carter with the teams first pick in 01 but Jerry hand picked him and paid the price.

Had he selected Manziel it would have turned out much worse than his decision to draft Carter. As for Parcells comments about Jerry they had a heated argument about taking Demarcus Ware and Jerry won. Parcells wanted Marcus Spears at #11 and Jerry wanted Ware. That's one time Jerry was lucky he didn't listen because Ware would have never lasted until the teams second first round selection at #20.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's your opinion but I think there was some arm twisting because many reported prior to the draft that Jerry was in love with Manziel. He said himself he came very close to drafting Manziel. He has the final say but he listens now and the last time he didn't listen he drafted Quincy Carter and that decision ended up biting him in the ***. No one including the coaches could have wanted Carter with the teams first pick in 01 but Jerry hand picked him and paid the price.

Had he selected Manziel it would have turned much worse than his decision to draft Carter. As for Parcells comments about Jerry they had a heated argument about taking Demarcus Ware and Jerry won. Parcells wanted Marcus Spears at #11 and Jerry wanted Ware. That's one time Jerry was lucky he didn't listen because Ware would have never lasted until the teams second first round selection at #20.

any this is yours. I don't think we disagree for the most part but again as Owner and GM Jerry can do what he wants , no one is going to make him do anything not even Stephen. It was in the end Jerry choice to take the advice or not but if he wants to no one is going to over rule Jerry and that is fact.

It was not Jerry who won on Ware it was Jeff Ireland, both BP and Ireland had a difference on the selection and Jerry choose to go with Irelands opinion.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would hope that if he were to be signed it would be a very short leash, 1 mess up and you are out of here. I just hope it does not come to this and Dallas not waste time on this moron

I agree that it would need to be extremely short. Do not give him much leeway to be a bonehead. Tying his earnings to his behavior may be incentive enough to get him to at least avoid public stupidity, although the prospect of losing money doesn't seem to have affected him so far.

I hope no team being willing to guarantee him much money will be a wake-up call because he seems to have entitlement issues right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree that it would need to be extremely short. Do not give him much leeway to be a bonehead. Tying his earnings to his behavior may be incentive enough to get him to at least avoid public stupidity, although the prospect of losing money doesn't seem to have affected him so far.

I hope no team being willing to guarantee him much money will be a wake-up call because he seems to have entitlement issues right now.

True but if he has a real drinking issue as I suspect then no amount of incentives will prevent him from messing up. Do I know for a fact he is an alcoholic? no, but I suspect he very well is one.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
True but if he has a real drinking issue as I suspect then no amount of incentives will prevent him from messing up. Do I know for a fact he is an alcoholic? no, but I suspect he very well is one.

Maybe. But he won't be the first NFL player to have one. Help can keep him from making a very public fool of himself at the very least, but he has to be willing to accept having a nanny.