News: Jonathan Vilma: Dak is average without Zeke or Cooper

aikemirv

Reaction score
It is going to be interesting to see the offense operate once teams realize they have to choose between stopping the passing game or the running game against Dallas or even play us straight up.

That is where Dak has really stepped it up this year IMO - in taking advantage of defenses focusing on the run. That is why his play-action numbers are off the charts.

lopey

Reaction score
I think Dan Marino probably had the least star receivers of any QB i can recall. He was great even with scrubs lol

Batman1980

Reaction score

Just for fun, here's some stats from 3 quarterbacks who were taken in the 2016 draft

41 games played 10318 yards 62.2% 69 TDs, 29 INTs 187 rushing yards, 5 TDs 29 wins, 16 losses
51 games played 11796 yards 66.6% 76 TDs, 27 INTs 1032 rushing yards, 19 TDs 36 wins, 18 losses
44 games played 11115 yards 63.5% 79 TDs, 30 INTs 596 rushing yards, 2 TDs 25 wins, 19 losses

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Kinda obvious which one Dak is considering he's never missed a game. I'd also venture to guess Goff is the first one

mrmojo

Reaction score
Maybe late in his career.

But he did play with Mark Duper, Mark Clayton, Nat Moore and OJ McDuffie (who surprisingly is ranked 4th all time in receiving yards for Miami)
He had OJ Mcduffie and Irving Fryer in his later years...not bad

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I swear Dak is the only QB who has to dominate without any players around him in order to be accepted.

Ask Aaron Rodgers how it felt to miss 4 playoffs in a row while being heralded as the best in the game
And the use the words, Rodgers/Wentz can will their team to victory without good players. But when they lose its the team let them down, they were without their best receivers etc.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Vilma is conceding Dak has weapons. He is also saying if the Saints can neutralize those weapons then Dak will have to win this game on his own. This is were Vilma's assessment goes astray. 1) Dak has too many weapons to neutralize all of them. 2) Dak is capable of taking the rock to the endzone himself if all you are focused on is his weapons. So, Vilma's defensive plan has huge holes in it but I welcome the Saints to try to make it work.