News: Jonathan Vilma: Dak is average without Zeke or Cooper

Skillit

Reaction score
It’s safe to say most QBs are better with all pros playing next to them.

The list of great QB’s who won throwing to garbage WRs and being supported by bad running games is extremely short.

Dak’s best attributes are leadership and ball security........his accuracy has greatly improved.

He’s not the second coming of Marino—but I do think we should keep him / pay him.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Cowboys-praying-for-the-haters.jpg

johneric8

Reaction score
If a QB is average without a good supporting cast. That means the QB is at least a very good QB.

This is the NFL. The QB who can “carry a team” is a MYTH.
Trent dilfer didn't have a good supporting cast on offense, so by your argument he should be great right? He won a Superbowl!

catiii

Reaction score
"Dak is average without Zeke or Cooper.....blah blah blah"
Well I got something for YOU Vilma!!!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Trent dilfer didn't have a good supporting cast on offense, so by your argument he should be great right? He won a Superbowl!

Your post makes no sense.

Trent Dilfer wasn’t even good with the Ravens. He was downright awful. He had 12 TD’s and 11 ints. Completed less than 60% of his passes and a rating of 76.6 He was AWFUL the year the ravens won the Super Bowl. He was so bad that even though the team won the Super Bowl, they still let Dilfer walk after the season was over.

He just had a good running game and That defense was just so good that the offense just had to be mediocre to poor and they still won the super bowl.

So no, Dilfer wasn’t even a good QB with a poor supporting cast. He was an awful QB no matter who the supporting cast was.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The interesting part about Vilma using Drew Brees as one of the examples to tear down Dak is that the Saints went 7-9 for 3 seasons in a row with Drew Brees as the QB. But, I guess that the Anti-Dak crowd, doesn't look up the facts or has a short term memory when they are just trying to hate on Dak and downplay his accomplishments. :rolleyes:

johneric8

Reaction score
Your post makes no sense.

Trent Dilfer wasn’t even good with the Ravens. He was downright awful. He had 12 TD’s and 11 ints. Completed less than 60% of his passes and a rating of 76.6 He was AWFUL the year the ravens won the Super Bowl. He was so bad that even though the team won the Super Bowl, they still let Dilfer walk after the season was over.

He just had a good running game and That defense was just so good that the offense just had to be mediocre to poor and they still won the super bowl.

So no, Dilfer wasn’t even a good QB with a poor supporting cast. He was an awful QB no matter who the supporting cast was.

All I am saying is I agree, Dilfer was a bus driver on a bad offense, but what could he of done with good weapons? I thought what you meant something else so I see why it didn't make sense...
Many compared Dak to Dilfer at one point, so It had me wondering what dilfer would of done with this cowboys offense.. Probably not much right?

Me personally I think Dak is amazing, he is my favorite player.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It was certainly part of the problem, but there was alot more to it. The Falcons game happened during that suspension and Dak got abused because Chaz Green couldn't block you on Twitter. After that game, Dak wasn't the same. He didn't really turn it around until he got the opportunity to beat the Falcons in 2018.

But we did start winning again, and before Zeke was back. Having Tyron out made a bigger difference.

Flamma

Reaction score
What successful QB doesn’t have any playmakers around him???

Yeah, Kurt Warner, Terry Bradshaw, and Joe Montana did it with all undrafted free agents. Their running backs and wide receivers, all bums!

kskboys

Reaction score
I will disagree on the Zeke part. Pollard would do just fine as the lead back and Dak would do just fine as well.

The guy also referenced the first half of year #2 as evidence. Which is ridiculous. Dak is a much better QB in year #4 then he was then.
Too early in Pollard's career to proclaim this.

kskboys

Reaction score
"If Dak doesn't have NFL quality players around him, he's an average QB". LOL, what a doofus.
Anyone observer Rodgers stuttering after Davante went down?

This is a top 20 stupid statement of the year by spewing heads.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Lol breaking news, players are better when they have better talent around them. Pretty sure it is like that in every major sport. Im sure Tom Brady is apologizing for having a great oline around him all his years he's been there. Or being in a great system, or facing a division that has been pretty bad during his whole tenure.

Problem i have with guys like this in the media. They say it and if it comes true they say they were right, if they are wrong they just ignore it cause they know it will be gone in a day or so. Its week.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Too early in Pollard's career to proclaim this.

Only question for me on Pollard is can he handle a full load for a full season. I would add another quality back and roll with the two of them no problem.

kskboys

Reaction score
Only question for me on Pollard is can he handle a full load for a full season. I would add another quality back and roll with the two of them no problem.
We do not know yet if he can consistently gain yards on downs where there is nothing there.

I love Pollard, and have from the moment we picked him. He's a better Lance Dunbar and very effective in the open field. However, that's different from being a full time starter, the guy who has to pick up unblocked yards. We do not know at this point if he is that guy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We do not know yet if he can consistently gain yards on downs where there is nothing there.

I love Pollard, and have from the moment we picked him. He's a better Lance Dunbar and very effective in the open field. However, that's different from being a full time starter, the guy who has to pick up unblocked yards. We do not know at this point if he is that guy.

Why do you keep saying we?