Joseph Randle released

Wayne02

Reaction score
Everyone gets gassed. From all stars to Jags. Until he lets us down, I'll have faith in him

That's called blind faith, based on his past, we need a viable replacement for him in case he breaks again.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
The people who are praising Murray must not be watching PHI games, dude had a career year during a contract year and got paid. The fact is PHI overpaid for a guy who is good overall but not great at anything.

Ill tell ya what he was great at.

Running behind the Dallas Cowboys offensive line and scheme. And being a locker room leader, lunch pale kind of guy, and someone you want on your team.

He was great at that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, there is progress some years. This is now a disaster.

Hope he gets his life back.

Yes, crap happens. Not much good happening during the season at all.
Commanders won the SB in 91, the next year with the same team, they missed the playoffs. hit with a ton of injuries.

This year, we got basically 3 1st round talent guys plus adding Hardy, in which there is mutual interest of an extension now [some bit of decent news lately]. And McClain came back too. All looking up. then injuries. Progress was stopped.

Disaster, on the verge, yes. but not yet. But we MUST win this week against the Eagles. Really must win next 2 games.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know better than to step in between a dog and his bone, stash, but the Richardson thing has got to be one of your more interesting fixations going back to that time Matt Jones got popped for coke, or whatever it was. :)

Hey, I'll still go on record as saying my Matt Jones campaign would have been better than the team trading away a 1st, 3rd, and 6th and $45 million for that bum WR Roy Williams!

:laugh:

I'd just like to see what Richardson could actually do in a zone scheme like he ran in college. I just find it hard to believe that a player who was that good in college can be that bad in the pros.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
This season is too far gone to be thinking that a big trade can save it. Unless some team is willing to part with a capable quarterback? But even then, how long would it take that guy to get comfortable in this system?

No, I see us as sellers, not buyers. But I don't see much we can sell either.

I haven't given up on the season personally (unless Dallas loses this weekend), but, yeah, they would probably overspend and not get what they need in return.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That was never the plan. If that was the case, we would not have invited every running back in the draft for a visit. The draft didn't fall for us to get a RB.

That was nothing more than PR spin by the FO. They had a chance to get a quality back even in the 3rd round and failed.

Your star runningback leaves for free agency and you don't even try to sign him. Bad move.

You let your star runningback leave for free agency and have no backup plan whatsoever. Worst than bad move.

You let Randle be the top dog and give him that position on a silver platter without having any competition during camp whatsoever. Worst move ever!

superonyx

Reaction score
are people seriously still on this?
we didn't favor Randle to Murray. We favored not spending $7M+ on Murray. And that was smart then, and it's smart now.

Doesn't feel that smart.
Especially if McFadden does what Mcafadden does and pulls up limp at some point.
We are one sprained chicken leg from a backfield of Michael and Smith...

But at least we were able to use the saving on Murray to lock up Crawford long term...we all know he is irreplaceable.

remdak

Reaction score
The DC.com squad holds their tongue when the powers that be say so. Charlotte Jones runs that operation btw.

I was listening to the show a few days ago and there was something going on where Broaddus said he couldn't go somewhere in the building because of security being involved. Eagleton first said he actually thought it might have something to with Ratliff, but he then implied it had something to do with Randle. There's something bigger than a dispute in Wichita going on here.

LittleD

Reaction score
This season is too far gone to be thinking that a big trade can save it. Unless some team is willing to part with a capable quarterback? But even then, how long would it take that guy to get comfortable in this system?

No, I see us as sellers, not buyers. But I don't see much we can sell either.

Right! Time to tank, sell all the receivers not named Dez and all RB's for a bag of Lay's potato chips and start over next year
with a 1st round QB and 2nd round RB. We have a young line and it's time to start the process over for the next 3 years or so.
Romo is one hit away from a permanent rocking chair and our current RT looks more like a revolving door.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that, but given his injury history and as big a fan of DMC as I have I can't ignore it. He's had two back to back 20 carry games. I just think it'd be wise to sign or trade for another back.

Hope to see more of what Rod Smith can do. Michael was more involved, and wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. He can be productive once he gets more involved.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I guess he's leaving with the whole cow intact.
It was only a matter of time. Welcome to the Commanders.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That was nothing more than PR spin by the FO. They had a chance to get a quality back even in the 3rd round and failed.

Your star runningback leaves for free agency and you don't even try to sign him. Bad move.

You let your star runningback leave for free agency and have no backup plan whatsoever. Worst than bad move.

You let Randle be the top dog and give him that position on a silver platter without having any competition during camp whatsoever. Worst move ever!

Ummmm, they did try to sign him, they offered him 6 million a year. Philly offered him 8. That is the worst move IMO

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You watched Murray this year? It's still the right choice.

If Murray stayed he would have been more productive than Randle and without the drama. I didn't mind him leaving so long we brought in a quality runningback. But that didn't happen and this is what we got.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This was worth taking a few moments out of my day to commemorate in an artistic fashion.

#majorfrontofficefailurethinkingthisclowncouldreplacedemarco

22741039702_3e2ffe6cc7.jpg

robjay04

Reaction score

Oh I agree the team failed in the 3rd round. We will see if Chaz Green turns out to be anything but that pick should've been a RB but swing tackle was a position of importance going into the draft. We should've had more competition, McFadden missing most of camp prevented that but worse case scenario, we should've traded for someone like Michael before camp, even if it would have cost us a little more.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, there are a number of athletes that would disagree with you. After a bunch of tennis players started dropping like flies at the US Open this year, a few of the stars came out and said it was unacceptable. And these are tennis players telling others to "toughen up." LOL.

Man, those tennis players are something else aren't they....showing up NFL players on toughness...:laugh:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Ill tell ya what he was great at.

Running behind the Dallas Cowboys offensive line and scheme. And being a locker room leader, lunch pale kind of guy, and someone you want on your team.

He was great at that.

Exactly. He was so much more than a productive runner. The best in blitz pickup and a guy with a burning desire to win. You cannot put a price tag on that type of emotional makeup. You cannot put a price tag on the chemistry he had in the locker room. Fatty Stephen messed up and that's all there is to it.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Ummmm, they did try to sign him, they offered him 6 million a year. Philly offered him 8. That is the worst move IMO

Yes they gave him an offer. Murray felt that he deserved more and likewise I think he did. Philly only gave him 2 million more per. year. I doubt that would break the bank. Now lets compare to Ty Crawford and Brandon Carr's contract. It would have been worth it to try to sign him for a little more than 6 million.