News: Joseph Randle's leap does not impress coaches

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
the thing is that Randle doesn't even do the leap well. If he atleast had some form doing it I think everyone would be ok.

If done correctly it isn't just the nose of the ball breaking the plane.

khiladi

Reaction score
Pats also look for the RGK, they here hoping Aaron Hernandez was the RGK until he was sent to prison for murder. Does not mean teams do not look for the RGK to fit their programs.

They knew about his behavior before the draft. It didn't just start in the NFL. Everybody did...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They knew about his behavior before the draft. It didn't just start in the NFL. Everybody did...

RKG is not just about off the field and yes everyone knew about past issues with Hernandez but they felt within their structure he would be fine. Teams do gamble on players even Garrett and the Cowboys but Belicheck has talked in the past of the right kinds of players, he has done a lot with guys who are not all super stars but are dedicated to the game and who display a strong work ethic. But these are people not machines and team will lose on gambles they take with player

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
LOL. It's only idiocy to you because you are making a fool out of yourself trying to argue that what Randle did was smart. It was incredibly stupid. And of course, what you continually fail to mention is that the coaches have told him before not to do that. He disregarded them and did what he wanted. So not only is he stupid, he's selfish.

& he scored. Which is his job. Him scoring, is also the coaches Job. Carry on.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Personally I wanted Randle off the team after the whole shoplifting stupidity, so if anyone thinks I'm defending his stupid behavior, I'm not. Just pointing out that he did his job, just not to the coaches liking.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Personally I wanted Randle off the team after the whole shoplifting stupidity, so if anyone thinks I'm defending his stupid behavior, I'm not. Just pointing out that he did his job, just not to the coaches liking.

The ends don't always justify the means. It was only first down and if he bounced left he would have walked in. Putting the ball within an inch of being a fumble and a turnover was careless and stupid.

Weeden could throw the ball straight up into the air. If a Cowboy comes down with the jump ball it is OK but if a Saint comes down with the ball it is a mistake. That is ludicrous.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm not impressed that this thread is still alive. Get over it people! o_O

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm sure his second half running isn't impressing them either.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
only cowboy fans would be pissed off someone did their job. "***, that guy scored, thats so stoopid. Yo bench that guy, we cant have that."

DandyDon52

Reaction score
only cowboy fans would be pissed off someone did their job. "***, that guy scored, thats so stoopid. Yo bench that guy, we cant have that."

could be garrett fans , not liking him sort of talking back t JG, and also if JG is mad at him the JG fans will be too.
The coaches are going to get mad at any player that does something he was told not to do in games. I get that.

But sitting randle may have cost them the game, so isnt that stupid too? They should have penalized him later or not start him this week.
I have no problem with randle leaping, but holding the ball out with one hand is stupid.
Randle is dumb, and how long have the coaches known about him being dumb ??

This is just another domino falling after the FO ran murray off, and callahan off.
Those 2 mistakes in off season led to romo hurt and everything else.

Had they kept those 2, they could have come out and ran the same offense as last year , and be 4-0 right now

mattjames2010

Reaction score
could be garrett fans , not liking him sort of talking back t JG, and also if JG is mad at him the JG fans will be too.
The coaches are going to get mad at any player that does something he was told not to do in games. I get that.

But sitting randle may have cost them the game, so isnt that stupid too? They should have penalized him later or not start him this week.
I have no problem with randle leaping, but holding the ball out with one hand is stupid.
Randle is dumb, and how long have the coaches known about him being dumb ??

This is just another domino falling after the FO ran murray off, and callahan off.
Those 2 mistakes in off season led to romo hurt and everything else.

Had they kept those 2, they could have come out and ran the same offense as last year , and be 4-0 right now

It didn't cost us the game: Again, Randle was averaging below 2 YPC. Anyone thinking Randle was the deciding factor in this game wasn't watching.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It didn't cost us the game: Again, Randle was averaging below 2 YPC. Anyone thinking Randle was the deciding factor in this game wasn't watching.

randle has the most carries and experience running this year, so he should have ran on that 3rd and one.
and I did watch the game.
a back can be getting 2 yards a carry and then break one at any time.
He was the best back for that game,due to he has been the one getting most of the carries.
If they want to switch backs, do it at the start of the game.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
randle has the most carries and experience running this year, so he should have ran on that 3rd and one.
and I did watch the game.
a back can be getting 2 yards a carry and then break one at any time.
He was the best back for that game,due to he has been the one getting most of the carries.
If they want to switch backs, do it at the start of the game.

Except you're not looking at this logically.

Randle was told something he shouldn't do, he did it. You are then expecting the coaches to trust him in a 3rd and 1 situation? I'm not agreeing with putting C-Mike in the game, I believe it should have been McFadden, but Randle was benched for good reason. He screwed up, he went over and argued with the coach, and that was it; he was benched.

Doesn't matter how much "playing time" he had throughout the season. Randle has shown throughout the season he slows down with the more carries he gets. He simply wasn't playing well, the RB that broke a long one went out with an injury.

Randle deserved to be benched, he deserves to continue riding the bench. He's a JAG, benching him doesn't hurt our football team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Except you're not looking at this logically.

Randle was told something he shouldn't do, he did it. You are then expecting the coaches to trust him in a 3rd and 1 situation? I'm not agreeing with putting C-Mike in the game, I believe it should have been McFadden, but Randle was benched for good reason. He screwed up, he went over and argued with the coach, and that was it; he was benched.

Doesn't matter how much "playing time" he had throughout the season. Randle has shown throughout the season he slows down with the more carries he gets. He simply wasn't playing well, the RB that broke a long one went out with an injury.

Randle deserved to be benched, he deserves to continue riding the bench. He's a JAG, benching him doesn't hurt our football team.

Well I agree with what you say , but for that game he was the best choice to have in on the 3rd and one, and after that game bench him.
He should not have been the start all along, but it was the same coach that decided he was the right choice in the first place.
That was a close game, and since CM did not get even 1 yard, either randle or dmc should have ran that play.

Randle isnt a jag, the blocking has been terrible, and the playcalling , and the passing game, all of which affects the run game.
Not saying he is good, just he isnt as bad as it seems.
Maybe he should be benched, but not in that game.

Look at this set of images and you will see randle has no chance, poor play design, poor blocking.
if they are running to the left, it is stupid to have witten on the right, and escobar on the left is it not?
Also martin does not help at all on the play, the guy he should have blocked is the one who makes the tackle, as free had to try and
get in front of him but couldnt.
for big size
http://postimg.org/image/p18gxptop/
and I will post here too.
dal_run.jpg

ShiningStar

Reaction score
agreed Dandy Don, he did wrong, but they addressed it incorrectly, but im not mad he scored a TD