Josh Allen will test our defense

mldardy

Reaction score
Whatever we think about Allen, here’s something that has flown under the radar on Buffalo: Despite being 7-6, they are 5-1 at home and their average margin of victory at home is +15.2. Not as good as Dallas’ +24 at home, but my point is, the bills are tough at home.

I‘m actually thrilled we are playing the bills on the road because we need to get road tough in case we get the #5 seed. I think the Cowboys can beat the bills at home next Sun. But it’s going to take another outstanding effort in all three phases of the game - Offense, defense and STs.
Most teams with a winning record are going to have a good record at home. That's not saying much.
They haven't exactly been dominant at home either. Tampa and NYG were one score games and the loss to the Broncos.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I don't really get why people think Buffalo is better than Miami. Josh Allen is a difference maker but Miami has much more talent and an actual NFL defense.

Buffalo's defense isn't any better than Philly.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Whatever we think about Allen, here’s something that has flown under the radar on Buffalo: Despite being 7-6, they are 5-1 at home and their average margin of victory at home is +15.2. Not as good as Dallas’ +24 at home, but my point is, the bills are tough at home.

I‘m actually thrilled we are playing the bills on the road because we need to get road tough in case we get the #5 seed. I think the Cowboys can beat the bills at home next Sun. But it’s going to take another outstanding effort in all three phases of the game - Offense, defense and STs.
Vegas, Miami, Giants, Buccaneers, Jets. Not exactly a home-game gauntlet.

The Cowboys offense just needs to execute, Buffalo doesn't do anything special and doesn't have any gamebreakers except for Josh Allen running around and doing something ridiculous.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
He tried hard to throw the game yesterday to KC, KC just tossed it right back.

Guy is big, has a great arm, and is mobile, that is true. However, I've just never quite understood the hoopla over him. Looks like an above average QB to me.

It's like, he has this one great game vs KC in the champ game the other year, and suddenly he's a gawd.
Wait till the Lion dances with him.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Dolphins were undefeated at home......until last night.

if the Titans can beat the Dolphins then I think the Cowboys should be able to beat the Bills.

Cowboys ranked #1 in 3rd down efficiency. The Bills are ranked #2.

Bill defense is one of the poorest against the run, opponents average 4.7 yards a carry.

Bills turn the ball over a lot. They throw the 4th most INT's. However, their defense has the 2nd most takeaways.

Their defense is also tied for 2nd in sacks.

Havic

Reaction score
Buffalo and Miami will be good tests on the road. Lions are not playing good football right now.

rags747

Reaction score
Smart? I don't know if I'd say he's "Smart" but he sure is big, strong and mobile. To a fault at times. Dolphins are a much better team IMO. Pose a much bigger threat.
Allen scored a 37 on the Wonderlic Test as did Romo. Dak scored a 25, L Jackson scored a 13, M Claiborne scored a 4!

Gambit

Reaction score
Dallas Defense led by Micah Parsons to test Josh Allen.

There fixed it for you. Let's stop chewing out nails like nervous Nellie. We have a darn good team and are a problem for other teams.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This dude to me is the ultimate test for our defense. I personally don't believe we will not see a QB that is this big, strong, smart, or mobile as Allen. I believe DQ will have a spy on him, but you have to want to tackle to slow him down. Our d line is going to have to have serious lane integrity, and trust the backside to hold up. We beat Buffalo, I feel the East is ours, due to he's the best QB remaining on our schedule
I actually think it's the Buffalo D Line that will test Dak. They can get after the QB. Allen will be a test also just because he is also learning to take what the defense gives him.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This dude to me is the ultimate test for our defense. I personally don't believe we will not see a QB that is this big, strong, smart, or mobile as Allen. I believe DQ will have a spy on him, but you have to want to tackle to slow him down. Our d line is going to have to have serious lane integrity, and trust the backside to hold up. We beat Buffalo, I feel the East is ours, due to he's the best QB remaining on our schedule
How is he smart? He makes some of the dumbest decisions I have seen for a guy who is supposedly one of the top QBs.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Buffalo stylistically is Dallas's toughest test to date on the road minus San Fran. Defensively they get after the passer, while also playing a lot of zone on the back end. When healthy, they have good LBs and Ss effectively playing the passing lanes. Offensively, Allen is a handful. Probably the best at eluding pressure and still being able to complete passes downfield. If you're not careful, he may gash you for a 40 yarder scramble. If the DL gets to him, you MUST get him to the ground. Hold on for dear life.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Smart? I don't know if I'd say he's "Smart" but he sure is big, strong and mobile. To a fault at times. Dolphins are a much better team IMO. Pose a much bigger threat.
Dolphins are one dimensional as we saw last night. Im not even sure how they found a way to lose the game last night lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
He will be the best QB we faced all year and it isn't even close. Put pressure on him and he might be a turnover machine.

TheHerd

Reaction score
He tried hard to throw the game yesterday to KC, KC just tossed it right back.

Guy is big, has a great arm, and is mobile, that is true. However, I've just never quite understood the hoopla over him. Looks like an above average QB to me.

It's like, he has this one great game vs KC in the champ game the other year, and suddenly he's a gawd.
He's the ultimate tools QB. Crazy arm, great runner, strong and tough. 10/10 on the physical checklist. But he's not a great QB. He's a terrible decision maker and will make mistakes on a regular basis. We just need to catch the errant throws and then cash in.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m a josh Allen fan but unless he changes his style of play for this week the cowboys defense should feast. He’s possibly the most physically gifted qb in football but he loves to gamble with his throws and he loves to pass up the easy 5 yards to get the 30 yard 50/50 ball. The QBs that have carved up the cowboys this year (Dobbs, Purdy, Smith) all play within schemes that are very effective throwing underneath. Josh Allen has to play with restraint this week and needs to be the game manager, take what the defense gives you type of qb and be more selective about those shots down field. Thats something the Bills really haven’t done well since they lost Cole Beasley.