Josh Allen will test our defense

CCBoy

Reaction score
What can be done? Seriously? In home games, and replays on the screen will show holding. The entire stands can immediately boo bringing focus on the field to the referee crew and at the same time this will be noted on the broadcast going out then and there as well. Oh, that will circulate and go up to NFL heads.

At home games a crowd chant: 'Boo the holds!' 'Boo the holds!'
With that activity going on, it won't be hard to determine if there is also an away disadvantage tendency going against Parsons and the Cowboys as well.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I had no idea his rushing attempts were this high. He's 5th behind Hurts, Field, Jackson, and Dobbs in attempts but 2nd in rushing TDs behind Hurts. In other words, he's just as much a threat to run as Hurts and keep in mind Hurts attempt numbers are a bit misleading coz that silly a______ tush push (lol). Bottom line.......we can probably expect him to use his legs quite a with the expected wet and windy rainy conditions.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/qb-rushing-attempts-leader-2023

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Josh Allen is a turnover machine and our defense forces turnovers stop being a baby
You can say what you want about Allen but he is a really good qb. Top 5 in my book. Yes, he is a gunslinger but dude is a baller and can hurt you if he is on. Just sayin. If he gets down a couple of scores, he will start to take chances and that's when the turnovers start to happen.

Cowboys better play a full 60 if they want to win this one.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It worries me even more,

I already knew this is going to be a test outdoors on the road with a little bit of weather involved...

however, they took a look at Josh Allen's record in December and January in outdoor games when the temperatures below 60, no matter what the weather, this dude doesn't lose many games in these situations, you add in the pressure right now that they need to almost win out to make it into the playoffs, they're going to be one desperate team backed into a corner.

You add in the fact that the Cowboys usually do not play well outdoors on the road and we have a sickness running through our team I'm starting to get worried.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Hankins will be sorely missed. jmho
I don't think so we lost three games this year with hankins on the field we've had the defense struggle even in some wins with hankins on the field this is a team game and by the way that's only if the Buffalo Bills decide to run the ball and true run formation says more than 60% of the game yeah hankins might be missed a little bit but I don't think that's gonna be how they approach this they have a strong steady run game like ours but it's nothing to write home about.... This will be more up to Dan Quinn stop being so egotistical when he's playing defense he needs to start scheming defenses to stop the run and literally not have as many stunts and zones and all these weird movements and twists and start playing straight up football this time of year against a team like this on the road you need to play a different defense something you're not expecting and you can cover up some run game issues with the defense by scheming it and having your players all come to the ball and gang tackle and just tackle well....

I think more of our problems has not been in the defensive tackle area it's been in the linebacker area there's a reason we were looking at Leonard and also took a look at maybe bringing bar back because they are not confident in our downhill run stopping ability of our linebackers bell is too small Evans is just coming around but he ain't done much and Clark while steady doesn't do anything special...

I believe the hybrid use of our linebackers can be a problem when a team wants to be strong physical and just run the ball a lot because that's not how Dan Quinn's defenses are set up...LVE is being more missed than people believe because he may not be one of the top middle linebackers in the league but I think he was better than what we have left on the team and that's weird to say that but we miss LVE more than we're going to miss hankins..I mean DQs d uses NT formations maybe less than 50% of the overall defensive snaps..

i think Mazi and that PS guy along with heavy rotation in the middle with Neville etc will cover up Hankins but will the LBers be ready for long game..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good. Desperation begets error.
Or in many cases it could go the other way, where they are the ones with the most effort and the more risk as far as doing things that you didn't prepare for you know them throwing out everything in the kitchen sink something that's not in the film, they're willing to go for it do some crazy unexpected wrinkles thrown in.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don't really get why people think Buffalo is better than Miami. Josh Allen is a difference maker but Miami has much more talent and an actual NFL defense.

Buffalo's defense isn't any better than Philly.
Maybe it's because Buffalo kicked the crap out of them. Miami is more of a finesse team and Buffalo is more of a physical team.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't really get why people think Buffalo is better than Miami. Josh Allen is a difference maker but Miami has much more talent and an actual NFL defense.

Buffalo's defense isn't any better than Philly.
Philly defense is hot garbage, especially against the pass. Buffalo d is actually pretty solid. Best defense we've faced since Carolina game. We've been feasting on bad defenses for a while now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't think so we lost three games this year with hankins on the field we've had the defense struggle even in some wins with hankins on the field this is a team game and by the way that's only if the Buffalo Bills decide to run the ball and true run formation says more than 60% of the game yeah hankins might be missed a little bit but I don't think that's gonna be how they approach this they have a strong steady run game like ours but it's nothing to write home about.... This will be more up to Dan Quinn stop being so egotistical when he's playing defense he needs to start scheming defenses to stop the run and literally not have as many stunts and zones and all these weird movements and twists and start playing straight up football this time of year against a team like this on the road you need to play a different defense something you're not expecting and you can cover up some run game issues with the defense by scheming it and having your players all come to the ball and gang tackle and just tackle well....

I think more of our problems has not been in the defensive tackle area it's been in the linebacker area there's a reason we were looking at Leonard and also took a look at maybe bringing bar back because they are not confident in our downhill run stopping ability of our linebackers bell is too small Evans is just coming around but he ain't done much and Clark while steady doesn't do anything special...

I believe the hybrid use of our linebackers can be a problem when a team wants to be strong physical and just run the ball a lot because that's not how Dan Quinn's defenses are set up...LVE is being more missed than people believe because he may not be one of the top middle linebackers in the league but I think he was better than what we have left on the team and that's weird to say that but we miss LVE more than we're going to miss hankins..I mean DQs d uses NT formations maybe less than 50% of the overall defensive snaps..

i think Mazi and that PS guy along with heavy rotation in the middle with Neville etc will cover up Hankins but will the LBers be ready for long game..
Just no injuries in this one, please, game lucks...

offlimits

Reaction score
This dude to me is the ultimate test for our defense. I personally don't believe we will not see a QB that is this big, strong, smart, or mobile as Allen. I believe DQ will have a spy on him, but you have to want to tackle to slow him down. Our d line is going to have to have serious lane integrity, and trust the backside to hold up. We beat Buffalo, I feel the East is ours, due to he's the best QB remaining on our schedule
He won't be if he's on his back.