Josh Allen will test our defense

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, according to their forum, Dallas is a blip on their schedule. Let's look forward to Miami, hoping for a win.

Staubacher

Reaction score
He tried hard to throw the game yesterday to KC, KC just tossed it right back.

Guy is big, has a great arm, and is mobile, that is true. However, I've just never quite understood the hoopla over him. Looks like an above average QB to me.

It's like, he has this one great game vs KC in the champ game the other year, and suddenly he's a gawd.
Putting your team on your back and ballin in a Conference Champ game leads to lots of goodwill. Go figure

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He is a nightmare to defend. Hard to get to the ground, rocket arm, great athlete.
To me this is the key to the game. If we're discussing after the game how many times Dallas missed on a should-be sack, id say it's unlikely Dallas wins. Otherwise, I like Dallas's chances.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Allen, Cook, and Diggs...control those three, have a solid game...and Dallas walks off with a win.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Allen has thrown a INT in 9 straight games and in 12 of 14 games, so the chances to get a turnover are good. He has a great arm, but his decision making can be questionable, I like our chances.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Josh Allen is a gambler, there is not a throw he feels he cant make. It is this mindset that allows him to throw some remarkable TD passes but it is also why he throws a lot of ints throughout his career

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Their defense will test our offense as well. They generate a lot of sacks and turnovers. Best pass defense we've faced since Carolina...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm gonna go with Dallas defense will test Josh Allen. They don't play in a vacuum. If Josh Allen isn't on point getting the ball out quick it will be a very long night for him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
^^^^ THIS
hey I'm just calling it like I see it they're kind of a sleeping giant I mean they barely lost in overtime to the Philadelphia Eagles on some crazy bounces they beat the chiefs they have one of the top scoring offenses in the league and I believe they have a pretty solid defense as far as rankings go and we're playing them at home in 30 mile an hour winds 40° there might be some precipitation that is not usually the game the Dallas Cowboys show up and play well..

So they're gonna need to play a very good game in order to win in Buffalo that's just something we expected at the beginning of the year and don't let the record fool you I know it usually is your record is who you are but no in this case I believe this is a desperate team at home that gained a little momentum even a loss to the Eagles and if they beat the chiefs this is kinda the Dallas Cowboys after the 49ers game you know this could be the bills launching point we could end up being their statement...

I'm not saying we won't win or we can't win I'm just saying it looks pretty even to me all things taken into account this is gonna be a really tough game and I believe whoever makes the least amount of mistakes is gonna win this game but the play on the field player the player coaches to coach I where it's a pretty even to me that's why the lines pretty even...

CCBoy

Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Texas — The claim is absurd, and if it came from nearly any other player in the NFL you could throw it in the garbage can.

When Micah Parsons says he is held by opposing offensive linemen, tight ends or fullbacks, on most plays this is not a Presidential campaign-caliber exaggeration.

The third year linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys is a genetic quake with no comp’. The man is too big, too quick, too fast and too strong for most human beings to be able to block; those who are tasked this assignment have to resort to “By any means necessary,” and hope for the best.

After the win against the Eagles, I asked him to guess the percentage of pass rush attempts he thinks he’s been held.

“I’d say at least 75 percent,” Parsons said.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...y-jones?ueid=d29e426080d34b77c2be722b7ff361fb

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
This dude to me is the ultimate test for our defense. I personally don't believe we will not see a QB that is this big, strong, smart, or mobile as Allen. I believe DQ will have a spy on him, but you have to want to tackle to slow him down. Our d line is going to have to have serious lane integrity, and trust the backside to hold up. We beat Buffalo, I feel the East is ours, due to he's the best QB remaining on our schedule
A spy is very much needed, our secondary is going to have to be very discipline to stay with their guys. It's hard when he's scrambling playing backyard football but in order to get some turnovers off him we going to need those hands in their quickly to force him into some mistakes and get something out of a tip ball or just a bad throw. IMO Bell at the spy would workout well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Texas — The claim is absurd, and if it came from nearly any other player in the NFL you could throw it in the garbage can.

When Micah Parsons says he is held by opposing offensive linemen, tight ends or fullbacks, on most plays this is not a Presidential campaign-caliber exaggeration.

The third year linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys is a genetic quake with no comp’. The man is too big, too quick, too fast and too strong for most human beings to be able to block; those who are tasked this assignment have to resort to “By any means necessary,” and hope for the best.

After the win against the Eagles, I asked him to guess the percentage of pass rush attempts he thinks he’s been held.

“I’d say at least 75 percent,” Parsons said.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...y-jones?ueid=d29e426080d34b77c2be722b7ff361fb
yeah but what can be done about it no matter how much they pointed out to the league and try to get in the refs ear.,

I believe the league and the refs are unwilling to call that on every play... We know holding happens on almost every play but they have to decide which ones make a difference in the play or should be picked up which to our benefit one was on the touchdown which I was a little surprised they called that game pretty even after all the talk before the game throughout the week of this umpire being you know possibly an Eagles fan given that he almost throws no flags against them..

So I don't know what they're going to do about it I wish they would call it a little bit more but I think the ones that are shocking to me are the ones where he gets by a guy and the arm bar him which is highly illegal and is considered a hold those need to be called those are just blatant obvious basically they're almost tackling the guy they don't allow this against wide receivers...

I mean the pass interference caused a whole other subject but to allow a wide receiver to get a call almost all the plays where he stops and comes back for the ball and he runs through the corner and yet they throw the flag on the corner, the corner is entitled to that real estate that he gained chasing that guy down the field how the hell is he supposed to stop and retreat the other way and yet they call that all the time and it shouldn't even be called....

it shouldn't even be a rule you're not impeding ****!! That's one of the rules I wish they would change but pass interference is horrible, it's been horrible, and now the holding has gotten out of control but which ones are they going to allow to call more often without slowing the game down too much is what the league and the refs are trying to find a balance and it really sucks for Micah cause I believe he can have 20 sacks a year and will have a hard time getting it with the way they hold him.

Motorola

Reaction score
Whatever we think about Allen, here’s something that has flown under the radar on Buffalo: Despite being 7-6, they are 5-1 at home and their average margin of victory at home is +15.2. Not as good as Dallas’ +24 at home, but my point is, the bills are tough at home.

I‘m actually thrilled we are playing the bills on the road because we need to get road tough in case we get the #5 seed. I think the Cowboys can beat the bills at home next Sun. But it’s going to take another outstanding effort in all three phases of the game - Offense, defense and STs.
Wins were against Raiders, Dolphins, Giants, Buccaneers, Jets; outside of MIA - nothing to crow about.
TCB on home turf = baseline for title-contending NFL teams.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Smart? I don't know if I'd say he's "Smart" but he sure is big, strong and mobile. To a fault at times. Dolphins are a much better team IMO. Pose a much bigger threat.
He's a gambler and a risk taker along with being very much in love with his arm.

He can be a game breaking highlight film or the reason his team loses

CCBoy

Reaction score
yeah but what can be done about it no matter how much they pointed out to the league and try to get in the refs ear.,

I believe the league and the refs are unwilling to call that on every play... We know holding happens on almost every play but they have to decide which ones make a difference in the play or should be picked up which to our benefit one was on the touchdown which I was a little surprised they called that game pretty even after all the talk before the game throughout the week of this umpire being you know possibly an Eagles fan given that he almost throws no flags against them..

So I don't know what they're going to do about it I wish they would call it a little bit more but I think the ones that are shocking to me are the ones where he gets by a guy and the arm bar him which is highly illegal and is considered a hold those need to be called those are just blatant obvious basically they're almost tackling the guy they don't allow this against wide receivers...

I mean the pass interference caused a whole other subject but to allow a wide receiver to get a call almost all the plays where he stops and comes back for the ball and he runs through the corner and yet they throw the flag on the corner, the corner is entitled to that real estate that he gained chasing that guy down the field how the hell is he supposed to stop and retreat the other way and yet they call that all the time and it shouldn't even be called....

it shouldn't even be a rule you're not impeding ****!! That's one of the rules I wish they would change but pass interference is horrible, it's been horrible, and now the holding has gotten out of control but which ones are they going to allow to call more often without slowing the game down too much is what the league and the refs are trying to find a balance and it really sucks for Micah cause I believe he can have 20 sacks a year and will have a hard time getting it with the way they hold him.
What can be done? Seriously? In home games, and replays on the screen will show holding. The entire stands can immediately boo bringing focus on the field to the referee crew and at the same time this will be noted on the broadcast going out then and there as well. Oh, that will circulate and go up to NFL heads.

At home games a crowd chant: 'Boo the holds!' 'Boo the holds!'