Josh Allen will test our defense

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Biggest problem is it being in Buffalo. I am upstate NY... and it has snowed a couple times and really cold.
Good thing is, I don't think it is supposed to snow. Hopefully it doesn't.
Supposed to be pretty decent weather according to forecast.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Really? He ran the ball 5 times total and up the middle 4 times for 11, 10 (fumbled), 2, and 0 yards. It amazes me how people like you can make up things that aren't there with no one to challenge you on it.

As for Allen having a field day running through us, go ahead and see how that works for him over the course of the game. He's going to turn the ball over or not have much success. Many of you act like Josh Allen is freaking Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, and Joe Montana rolled into one. So many posts praising this guy when he's an overhyped underachieving turnover machine
Where am I making anything up? He had five scrambles for 30 yards with an 11 yard scramble. Most of those were up the middle. No one is challenging me on it because it’s a fact. You’re just looking for someone to argue with. As for Josh Allen he’s one of the better QBs in the league. If you can’t see that you’re a waste of time. He’s had some issues with turnovers, but when he’s not turning the ball over, he’s very dangerous. He has 374 yards rushing this season with 10 rushing TDs. His accounted for 35 TDs this season, rushing and passing. He’s a terrific athlete, and very physical.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
It's weird how Allen has plainly worked super hard to improve his accuracy throughout his career, but hasn't improved his decision making beyond Madden style street balling. He has the Favre-ian physical talent to pay off some of those stupid decisions, but Buffalo will have a hard ceiling as long as he keeps choosing to make them.

Buffalo is kind of in that Seattle zone, where they don't have the roster to be a true contender but do have enough horsepower to give us a game. My guess is our opportunistic defense will capitalize on Allen's mistakes, and then we snowball it from there. But Buffalo could easily win this one if they come out focused in do-or-die playoff mode, and we come out flat.

His street balling is often what keeps Buffalo competitive. Apart from Diggs, their offense is a bunch of jags without him.

mldardy

Reaction score
Where am I making anything up? He had five scrambles for 30 yards with an 11 yard scramble. Most of those were up the middle. No one is challenging me on it because it’s a fact. You’re just looking for someone to argue with. As for Josh Allen he’s one of the better QBs in the league. If you can’t see that you’re a waste of time. He’s had some issues with turnovers, but when he’s not turning the ball over, he’s very dangerous. He has 374 yards rushing this season with 10 rushing TDs. His accounted for 35 TDs this season, rushing and passing. He’s a terrific athlete, and very physical.
You said 'Hurts was hitting us with several scrambles up the middle' when had less than a handful and he didn't have much success. He had 3 runs up the middle not 5. 2 behind the left guard and 1 up the middle. You can have a look for yourself https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202312100dal.htm

And we'll see on Josh Allen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This dude to me is the ultimate test for our defense. I personally don't believe we will not see a QB that is this big, strong, smart, or mobile as Allen. I believe DQ will have a spy on him, but you have to want to tackle to slow him down. Our d line is going to have to have serious lane integrity, and trust the backside to hold up. We beat Buffalo, I feel the East is ours, due to he's the best QB remaining on our schedule
Cowboys 31
Bills 27

mldardy

Reaction score
Several is defined as more than two and he had three runs up the middle, so you proved my point. :thumbup:
Oh give me a break with this bs. He didn't hurt us several times. He ran up the middle 3 times: once for 11 yards, once for no gain and once fumbled. You didn't prove anything, you're wrong.:thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh give me a break with this bs. He didn't hurt us several times. He ran up the middle 3 times: once for 11 yards, once for no gain and once fumbled. You didn't prove anything, you're wrong.:thumbup:
I said he “hit” us with several runs up the middle. Can you not read or do you just enjoy twisting my comments? I wasn’t wrong about anything. :thumbup:You must enjoy looking silly.

mldardy

Reaction score
I said he “hit” us with several runs up the middle. Can you not read or do you just enjoy twisting my comments? I wasn’t wrong about anything. :thumbup:You must enjoy looking silly.
Hit, hurt, he did NEITHER. Accept your loss. You thought you were making some 'genius' and you didn't. Now you are moving the goalposts all over the place.:thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hit, hurt, he did NEITHER. Accept your loss. You thought you were making some 'genius' and you didn't. Now you are moving the goalposts all over the place.:thumbup:
He did exactly what I said he did and the only one suffering a loss is you. :thumbup: Go cry to someone else. Not wasting anymore time with you.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Bills, Lions and Dolphins all the same.

Historically...they inevitably fail SOMEWHERE in the season/postseason.... but this year, you have a coinsflip chance of catching them on a day they're hot....and if they're hot, they can beat anyone.

At least one of these 3 teams will play lights out against us....and will put up over 30 points.

Will just be a matter if we have an "off game' or let down game at some point.... it's hard for teams to play at their absolute mental and physical best many many weeks in a row

mldardy

Reaction score
He did exactly what I said he did and the only one suffering a loss is you. :thumbup: Go cry to someone else. Not wasting anymore time with you.
No he didn't. You said several times. Wrong. I don't care what the definition is. No one with common sense thinks several means more than two. :rolleyes: Fumbling and no gain is not a hit. You need to be more clear on what you are talking about because you clearly don't know what you are talking about. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He is a nightmare to defend. Hard to get to the ground, rocket arm, great athlete.
No question about it, but you have knuckleheads on here who think there’s nothing to worry about with him. :rolleyes: They seem to forget how good we made Joshua Dobbs look. With Hankins out we could have a lot of trouble against the run. Allen loves using his feet and will try and take advantage.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m talking about when Emmitt was actually in the prime of his career…..not the end of it. I can’t believe you’re defending Josh Allen to this point of slandering Emmitt lol.
you got so far off topic you forgot we were talking about brett farve NOT ALLEN, i said Allen reminds me of Farve, you brought up longevity giving him stats to get to the HOF, I said ES22 did the same, you cant handle the truth as its the same thing..

Not slander, saw 22 look terrible hanging on for 5 more years to break record , nowadays we call it washed but longevity is part of being a great player. Witten did the same. they all pad those stats as they hang on an hlp with the HOF..

Back to Farve , just saying JA is underrated as hes put up ton of TDs to match his T/Os like FARVE and manning both HOF guys..i said respect that as JA is not overrated. Not diss on 22, thats on you for starting this entire longevity nonsense to say that the only reason Farve Got in..check his td-int ratio wins% and his ring. That what did it LOL

so as much as josh Allen turns the ball over he also leads the league in touchdown since his rookie year.. stop underestimating him, yes a gunslinger why many are in the HOF with that moniker. they simply can take the heat for the aggressive play that turn into INTs and fumbles at times but then throws for 4 tds as well.

508 tds to 336 INts sems like a lot but its slightly better average than say Troy at 166-144 Farve created offense Troy rode ES22 and was more of a game manager and yet still turned it over quite a bit. 539-251 for Pmanning.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you got so far off topic you forgot we were talking about brett farve NOT ALLEN, i said Allen reminds me of Farve, you brought up longevity giving him stats to get to the HOF, I said ES22 did the same, you cant handle the truth as its the same thing..

Not slander, saw 22 look terrible hanging on for 5 more years to break record , nowadays we call it washed but longevity is part of being a great player. Witten did the same. they all pad those stats as they hang on an hlp with the HOF..

Back to Farve , just saying JA is underrated as hes put up ton of TDs to match his T/Os like FARVE and manning both HOF guys..i said respect that as JA is not overrated. Not diss on 22, thats on you for starting this entire longevity nonsense to say that the only reason Farve Got in..check his td-int ratio wins% and his ring. That what did it LOL

so as much as josh Allen turns the ball over he also leads the league in touchdown since his rookie year.. stop underestimating him, yes a gunslinger why many are in the HOF with that moniker. they simply can take the heat for the aggressive play that turn into INTs and fumbles at times but then throws for 4 tds as well.

508 tds to 336 INts sems like a lot but its slightly better average than say Troy at 166-144 Farve created offense Troy rode ES22 and was more of a game manager and yet still turned it over quite a bit. 539-251 for Pmanning.
How did I get off topic when y'all introduced Favre into this discussion lol? You're slandering Emmitt in the defense of Favre to make Josh Allen look better then he is. Josh Allen is talented. But you're trying to convince me his turnovers aren't a issue. Despite being one of the most gifted quarterbacks in the league his team underachieves...why? Probably because he keeps turning the football over.

Emmitt even if you take off his last 2 or 3 years was dominant. He comes from a different era. Not a passing league. HE comes from a era when everyone was built to stop the run and stack the box to stop him.

IF anyone got off topic its you to use Favre who at least in his defense has a ring in order to defend Josh Allen. They played nothing alike. Yeah they are "Gunslingers".....Josh is far more mobile than Favre.

Favre played until he was 40+ of course he's going to have more TD's and interceptions than Aikman. Now you're slandering Emmitt and Troy in favor of Allen lol.

You'll see on Sunday. Y'all are just going by stats. You will see on Sunday how STUPID Josh Allen plays and i'm sure when y'all see it y'all wil just say its a one off but no this is what he does every week.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Get a lead and make Buffalo play catch up. Watch them make mistakes and take advantage.

We know how to win. Just follow the script. Sunday evening the game was over by halftime.
Let me guess, you're basing that off of games they've played against OTHER teams???? Let's see once again what we do, that's all!!