Josh Allen will test our defense

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m concerned with how soft we are defensively up the middle. Hurts was hitting us with several scrambles up the middle. Josh Allen will have a field day running through us as physical as he is if we don’t tighten up. Hankins is being out could be a real problem.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m concerned with how soft we are defensively up the middle. Hurts was hitting us with several scrambles up the middle. Josh Allen will have a field day running through us as physical as he is if we don’t tighten up. Hankins is being out could be a real problem.
that's easily fixable tell somebody to rip his helmet off or close line him on the first play bloody up his nose lol take penalty set the tome.. 9ers play like this..time to get physical.

Proof

Reaction score
There’s s lot of guys who shouldn’t be hof but understood.
damn. you don't even think he should be in the hof? lol. three straight mvps? he's easily an all timer. in fact here's a list from nfl.com of the 25 greatest qbs and they've got him above both aikman and young. not saying that's the gospel or anything, but feel like you're really really underselling him for some reason

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-25-qua...atriots-tom-brady-leads-list-0ap3000001035041

Proof

Reaction score
yeah losing hanks for this matchup is problematic.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
yeah losing hanks for this matchup is problematic.
Mazi better start showing up. We may start finding out just how bad he really is if he doesn’t start to perform. We’re going to start seeing him on the field a lot more. This could get ugly.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Wish I could find a clip of it, but I could swear that one of the commentators in the Bills-Chiefs game on Sunday referred to Mahomes and Allen - in the same sentence - as BOTH being future HOF'ers.

Does anyone seriously think Josh Allen has assembled anything near that body of work?
No. Hes not a hall of famer until he can get some all-pros, mvps, or rings.

Every single QB in the hall of fame has either a ring, or a first team all pro except for Warren Moon

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not the same. Emmitt was dominant. He may or may not have been as good as Barry but he was up there with him.
no he wasn't the last five years 3.5 or less YPC was just hanging on to get the record. Thats longevity by definition, SAME! if Barry stays he wouldn't have got it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
damn. you don't even think he should be in the hof? lol. three straight mvps? he's easily an all timer. in fact here's a list from nfl.com of the 25 greatest qbs and they've got him above both aikman and young. not saying that's the gospel or anything, but feel like you're really really underselling him for some reason

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-25-qua...atriots-tom-brady-leads-list-0ap3000001035041
I mean I get why he’s in there he’s one of the best of his era. He’s just not my cup of tea lol. It’s why I don’t like Allen either. It’s just reckless with the football.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
no he wasn't the last five years 3.5 or less YPC was just hanging on to get the record. Thats longevity by definition, SAME! if Barry stays he wouldn't have got it.
I’m talking about when Emmitt was actually in the prime of his career…..not the end of it. I can’t believe you’re defending Josh Allen to this point of slandering Emmitt lol.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Get a lead and make Buffalo play catch up. Watch them make mistakes and take advantage.

We know how to win. Just follow the script. Sunday evening the game was over by halftime.
This right here. Hit them hard early. Make them chase you and our cbs get your hands ready because you will have chances to snag.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This dude to me is the ultimate test for our defense. I personally don't believe we will not see a QB that is this big, strong, smart, or mobile as Allen. I believe DQ will have a spy on him, but you have to want to tackle to slow him down. Our d line is going to have to have serious lane integrity, and trust the backside to hold up. We beat Buffalo, I feel the East is ours, due to he's the best QB remaining on our schedule
I know many here on CZ are downplaying the bills and especially Allen. But he is the kind of QB that gives the Cowboys D fits..... mobility, escapes pressure, creates his own plays and still has an arm good enough to hurt you, better than Hurts. Will need to contain him just like they did Hurts. Will make some stupid mistakes sometimes, but can't count on that.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
He will test our defense. I believe he will also throw it up for grabs a few times. Dude is the most turnover prone QB in the NFL that no-one really talks about.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So, he'll test the Dallas defense...just hand him a bal-peen hammer, point at the next tank...tell him to slam it hard underneath the turret, and look for soft sports.

bigE79

Reaction score
It’s the hardest game left, a win will carry over nicely to Miami with road confidence.
Exactly,win this game and I see a sweep of the remaining games but with that being said, buffalo is playing for their playoff lives,they will be ready,we have to bring our A game for sure.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
This dude to me is the ultimate test for our defense. I personally don't believe we will not see a QB that is this big, strong, smart, or mobile as Allen. I believe DQ will have a spy on him, but you have to want to tackle to slow him down. Our d line is going to have to have serious lane integrity, and trust the backside to hold up. We beat Buffalo, I feel the East is ours, due to he's the best QB remaining on our schedule
Yeah but other than diggs I don’t think hw has any weapons.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I know many here on CZ are downplaying the bills and especially Allen. But he is the kind of QB that gives the Cowboys D fits..... mobility, escapes pressure, creates his own plays and still has an arm good enough to hurt you, better than Hurts. Will need to contain him just like they did Hurts. Will make some stupid mistakes sometimes, but can't count on that.
Just curious what QBs like Allen have given the cowboys fits? Not saying you're wrong, I just dont see the connection. The QBs that seem to have given the Cowboys fits this year are IMO the polar opposite...It's been Purdy, Geno Smith, Dobbs. The Cowboys have struggled way more against the QBs who play within the system, are comfortable taking what the defense gives underneath, and stay in 3rd and short type situations. Allen is probably the most physically gifted QB the Cowboys will face this year, I tend to compare him to a Matt Stafford with more mobility, but the guy plays a brand of football that is almost making it up as he goes. His top receiver Diggs seems to do the same thing when you watch him on tape as he almost isnt running option routes but starts to run one route and then completely changes mid route at times. It's really a unique way of playing receiver at this level. This whole offense seems to play that back yard style which may lead to some big plays, but the Cowboys at least in theory should be able to create a number of negative plays as well as they have both an athletic Dline that can get to him and a DB unit that certainly isnt afraid to play the ball aggressively. I may look like a total idiot this weekend but I really think Buffalo has to completely change their ideology on offense and really slow things down for this to not turn into another 20+ point victory for the Cowboys.

mldardy

Reaction score
Really? He ran the ball 5 times total and up the middle 4 times for 11, 10 (fumbled), 2, and 0 yards. It amazes me how people like you can make up things that aren't there with no one to challenge you on it.

As for Allen having a field day running through us, go ahead and see how that works for him over the course of the game. He's going to turn the ball over or not have much success. Many of you act like Josh Allen is freaking Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, and Joe Montana rolled into one. So many posts praising this guy when he's an overhyped underachieving turnover machine