Twitter: Josh Norman cant wait to lock down Dez Bryant?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Norman is damn good. I'm fine with going at him with Dez but if we were smart and targeted mismatches, Dez would be in the slot where he doesn't play.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Those are the top 2 candidates. Dalton is probably a distant 3rd. Outside of those 3, right now I don't know if there is another real candidate this season.

Now if Romo goes 6-1 or 7-0 to close the season and drags the Cowboys to the playoffs he will probably win if he puts up his typical numbers.

Romo won't win regardless of what he does the man just doesn't get the respect he deserves. It's Brady's award this year with Cam Newton being the only other guy currently deserving any votes.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Josh Norman is another Panthers player that plays with a chip on his shoulder. He was about to go toe to toe with Trent Williams on Sunday. He was not about to back down. Norman doesn't get safety help.

DeAndre Hopkins 5 catches 53 yards
Mike Evans 3 catches 32 yards
T.Y. Hilton 1 catch 15 yards

Definitely one of the best corners in the league. Dallas better think about signing him after this season. He's an unrestricted free agent after this campaign. I wish Dez was 100% to battle this kid. It's still going to be a match up to monitor during the game.

He's not going anywhere. The Panthers will franchise him if need be. They are set to have 16+ million in cap room without making any cuts or restructures with Norman as the only real hefty raise candidate of their free agents next year. He's also going to get 12+million a year. I doubt very seriously the Cowboys jump into that mix and at that price I don't think I would want to.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Again, Romo doesn't shy away from great corners. If Romo sees a good opportunity, he'll take it.

This isn't Winston, Mariota, or average QBs like Bradford and Cousins he's going up against. Be at the top of your game or Romo will expose you.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Romo won't win regardless of what he does the man just doesn't get the respect he deserves. It's Brady's award this year with Cam Newton being the only other guy currently deserving any votes.

He got some votes last year, not enough, but some. If the team is winless without him, but he goes 9-0 on the season, 7-0 after his return and drags this team to the playoffs with the hard schedule, he will get a lot of votes and probably win. People pay attention to the Cowboys and are already saying he can do it. They're also already saying that would be the biggest story of the season by far if he pulled it off. Romo is getting a lot more respect from the media for the most part outside of idiots like Deion and Stephen A.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Don't fall for the bait Dez. Don't read his comments and go crazy in the huddle and demand the ball, forcing Romo to throw it when he shouldn't. Don't pout on the sidelines if we don't get you the ball enough because we are exploiting other mismatches. Psychological game.

EST_1986

Reaction score
He got some votes last year, not enough, but some. If the team is winless without him, but he goes 9-0 on the season, 7-0 after his return and drags this team to the playoffs with the hard schedule, he will get a lot of votes and probably win. People pay attention to the Cowboys and are already saying he can do it. They're also already saying that would be the biggest story of the season by far if he pulled it off. Romo is getting a lot more respect from the media for the most part outside of idiots like Deion and Stephen A.

As much as I agree with you no matter what Romo does this season he just won't win it. It's not a true most valuable player award it's a best stat and team record award.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Don't fall for the bait Dez. Don't read his comments and go crazy in the huddle and demand the ball, forcing Romo to throw it when he shouldn't. Don't pout on the sidelines if we don't get you the ball enough because we are exploiting other mismatches. Psychological game.

Romo doesn't care about Dez's pouts, he's all about the matchups.

kazzd58

Reaction score
Very well said. Imagine Dez in a system that utilizes him probably lol. 20tds and 1600 yards MINIMUM

I agree to a certain point, but I also like Garretts philosophy which is control the clock and u pretty much control the game and outcome to certain degree. Also with Romo we are capable of winning a shoot out at as well if need be... So we are a balanced team which is an advantage in the big picture in winning in the nfl. Man those opponents are pros as well and if u playing a good qb you want to limit his chances of getting the ball in the NFL

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Against Miami, Romo's accuracy wasn't where it needed to be to challenge top shelf DBs. Some of that may have been caused by the poor pass protection, but Carolina's pass rush is probably on par with Miami's, so challenging Norman isn't a good idea unless the OL gets their groove back.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Wish Dez was completely healthy and in shape.

That said, I bet this guy who I'm just now hearing about gets quite a bit of help. The Panthers are actually well coached.

He went to my school, he's actually a heck of a defensive back. Probably having the best year out of all of them. Dude's a goober, talks a lot of smack and talks himself up, but outside of being a little cocky he's not a bad guy. It's weird watching someone from a Coastal be a borderline shutdown corner

Frozen700

Reaction score
Something tells me this kid isn't very good in his rediculously oversized fantasy football league..smh..lol.

v2xoMbY.png

erod

Reaction score
Dez has a bad right foot, a bad left knee, and a bad left ankle.

Heavy advantage Norman.

But with Romo, EVERYBODY is open.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He went to my school, he's actually a heck of a defensive back. Probably having the best year out of all of them. Dude's a goober, talks a lot of smack and talks himself up, but outside of being a little cocky he's not a bad guy. It's weird watching someone from a Coastal be a borderline shutdown corner

Yeah I don't think he was a bad guy. The article really twisted his words up. If it isn't in quotes, I don't believe the headline anymore.

robjay04

Reaction score
Just seeing his arrogance in that video bothers me a bit.

Sure, your team is doing well but at the end of the day, it is regular season. Talking about how accomplished your team is at this point really doesn't "justify" any media skeptics.

I went to high school in North Carolina which probably fuels a lot of my disdain for this team.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I remember seeing a segment on the NFL Network where Tony Romo's return ranked higher in Twitter/Social Media interest than Cam Newton's and Aaron Rodgers' (I think) Sunday exploits - combined.

And people wonder why the Cowboys get so much publicity good or bad.

If Romo brings the Cowboys back to win the NFC East, it will be the biggest story of the year, assuming the Panthers and the Patriots don't go 16-0. (But if the Panthers go 16-0, it's doubtful the Cowboys win the NFC East so one would negate the other.)