Twitter: Josh Norman cant wait to lock down Dez Bryant?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Norman is damn good. I'm fine with going at him with Dez but if we were smart and targeted mismatches, Dez would be in the slot where he doesn't play.

Rivera has already stated Norman will likely shadow Bryant much like Richard Sherman did.

The Natural

Reaction score
I want to see us go after Norman, if he's going to be on an island send Dez deep and take some shots. Allow your best playmaker to make plays. I dont want to hear the injury excuses he's more than healthy enough to dominate that matchup.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We shall see. Hopefully Dez is ready to explode and begin having some monster games for us.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
He will stop Dez. Look at what Dez has done recently prior to and post injury.

Last years playoff run. Detroit- 3 for 48. Green Bay 3 for 38
2015. NYG 5 for 48, Seattle 2 for 12, phili 5 for 104, Tampa 5 for 45, Miami 4 for 45

He's not right this year, but then again he wasn't " right" in the playoffs either. Supporters will have two arguments (1) he's " always double teamed" and (2) poor coaching isn't creative enough to get Dez open.

Pretty much all #1 all pros are doubled. Julio jones, Antonio brown, and deandre Hopkins get the same attention if not more. I hope Dez gets it in gear, and recovers from his injuries.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez is hobbled still. If we beat Norman, it'll be because he and Tony are on the same page and Tony puts the ball where only Dez can get it. Or Dez just muscles it away from him on a contested throw.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2015. NYG 5 for 48, Seattle 2 for 12, phili 5 for 104, Tampa 5 for 45, Miami 4 for 45

He's not right this year, but then again he wasn't " right" in the playoffs either. Supporters will have two arguments (1) he's " always double teamed" and (2) poor coaching isn't creative enough to get Dez open.

Pretty much all #1 all pros are doubled. Julio jones, Antonio brown, and deandre Hopkins get the same attention if not more. I hope Dez gets it in gear, and recovers from his injuries.

I think Romo spreading the ball around so well sort of hurts Dez's stats some. When Dez isn't getting the ball, Beasley is. When Beasley isn't getting the ball, Witten is. When you need a big play, you expect it to be to Dez, but there goes Williams making a play. Dez's presence on the field opens things up and he does make remarkable plays for us. You say he caught 3 against Green Bay. We all know he caught 4 that day. The last one may have propelled us on to something special, but we'll never know. Dez isn't 100%, but I love what he brings to the table. Romo could throw him the ball more and let Dez win some jumping matches, but that's not Romo's style. He scans the whole field and makes the best decision where to go with the ball. I think we need to give Dez some slack as far as overall stats and look at the other stuff he brings to the table.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

The two arguments are extremely valid.

Dez runs a lot more go routes than those guys-- meaning he's running straight into the double team most plays in order to free up everyone else.

Also, it's worth noting that because the Cowboys simplistic approach where they are happy to make him a decoy, it's easier to drop a LB underneath him too, in effect tripling the guy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The old adage still holds true: 'Be careful for what one wishes for. One may just get it fully.'

DFWJC

Reaction score
Great matchup, but Dez will get his if Romo somehow has time.
The oline certainly has their hands full this week though.

jamesdojr

Reaction score

Will the NFL ever do anything about tv viewers not being able to see what goes on down the field between corners and receivers? I want to see this matchup every down. Always have to depend on people at the game or post game info to see who owned who over the course of the game. Or if the QB was not seeing his receiver get open. NFL needs to put a PIP on the screen that shows a blimp view of the field.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Rivera has already stated Norman will likely shadow Bryant much like Richard Sherman did.

Norman doesn't get much work out of the slot. A lot of people were expecting Cobb to be shut down vs Norman a few weeks ago, but he avoided him almost the entire game by running most of his routez from the slot like usual. He ended up with a big game and still didn't see much Norman. That would be the hope when they run Dez there.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Will the NFL ever do anything about tv viewers not being able to see what goes on down the field between corners and receivers? I want to see this matchup every down. Always have to depend on people at the game or post game info to see who owned who over the course of the game. Or if the QB was not seeing his receiver get open. NFL needs to put a PIP on the screen that shows a blimp view of the field.

Probably not. They tried implementing that new live angle from behind the QB, but it wasn't well received by most people and we haven't seen it much after that.I liked it, but most didn't because it was different.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So all he actually said is that he looks forward to the challenge of facing Dez. Nice headline....o_O

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably not. They tried implementing that new live angle from behind the QB, but it wasn't well received by most people and we haven't seen it much after that.I liked it, but most didn't because it was different.

A PIP would allow for the normal view and a chance to see the WR/DB matchup. They have everything else all over the screen. This idea might be worth a shot.

khiladi

Reaction score
If I'm Dez - no wait if I'm me - as a competitor - I want that dude on me all freaking day.

Bring it on man!

uncle_rico-114019.gif

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Josh Norman is another Panthers player that plays with a chip on his shoulder. He was about to go toe to toe with Trent Williams on Sunday. He was not about to back down. Norman doesn't get safety help.

DeAndre Hopkins 5 catches 53 yards
Mike Evans 3 catches 32 yards
T.Y. Hilton 1 catch 15 yards

Definitely one of the best corners in the league. Dallas better think about signing him after this season. He's an unrestricted free agent after this campaign. I wish Dez was 100% to battle this kid. It's still going to be a match up to monitor during the game.

He would be a nice pick up. Don't know if we'll be able to afford him, or if he'll we willing to leave one of the best defenses in the league.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I see a lot of double moves in this young man's future. He'll be excited on a big stage, going against a big time receiver - I anticipate him trying to jump routes early.

He'll have his hands full, Bryant looks to be getting healthier each week and his conditioning is improved. He was flat outta shape in the Bucs game.