Twitter: Jourdan Lewis calling out the fans

zekecowboy

Reaction score
No youre lame as heck for evidently not taking it seriously enough. You dropped 4 games already, cant lose more than 2. If you dont win the east, youve probably lost plausible tie breakers.

But, yeah call us lame, weve only waited 25 years for a SB and were pissed.

I have to agree with you. Some are pissed including myself and are waiting for the clapper to be replaced.
I want half time adjustments made by a real coach. The pain from the losses has subsided. I am numb to
the losses.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
In all fairness we were 3-5 and made the playoffs last year. They have earned the right for us not to go crazy at 5-4 and 1st in the division. This same core did it last year, I’m willing to give them a shot to do it again
I hear this argument a lot. They had to trade for who is now the best receiver we have to turn it around. This year that is no longer an option. We have another loss against the Pats coming. Do you honestly see this team only losing one more outside of the Pats? It will probably take 10 wins to claim the NFC East. Just the base scenario of losing to New England and @ Philadelphia probably eliminates any playoff appearance.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Again, 20+ years of failure.

I don’t need Lewis telling me when it’s time to panic or not. I know how this ends. We all do.

Another Orlando Scandrick.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Just the base scenario of losing to New England and @ Philadelphia probably eliminates any playoff appearance.

But after the Jets game most people on this board said we had no chance in the first Philly game. And we won by 27 points.

Lewis is right, its a long season and this loss was painful, but its one game of 16 at the end of the day.

efh313

Reaction score
He’s right tho. And he’s almost certainly not the only player who feels this way. You guys are completely lame when you overreact this way.
I am as much a homer as anybody on here, but you think ppl are over reacting to a 5-4 season that should easily be 6-2 (GB, NO close losses) and if only a few things had gone differently, which arguably those things, player discipline (penalties), clock management, play calling in clutch situations, etc rest squarely on the HC shoulders, we could be 8-0 right now!?

See I told you I was a homer! :grin:

I don’t think anybody is overreacting to be upset with Garret and the overall lack of consistency of this team. And frankly for Lewis to throw this out into the Twitterverse just shows his immaturity and lack of awareness of the Cowboys Nation because people, HOMERS, like me, were calling his number... HARD.

BUT this makes me think twice...

Fortunately for Lewis, I’m a grown @$$ man and know that that’s just a knee jerk reaction. But he needs to wise up and recognize that calling out his fans is just not a smart career decision in the long run.
I’ve said my peace.
I’m out.
(Mic drop)
;)

Cebrin

Reaction score
I didn’t ask you how people shouldn’t react. I was asking how they should.

I don’t see that much overreaction. Maybe to individual players but not towards the team. Playing the softest schedule in the league and going 5-4 is pretty bad.

I'm sayin! My grandmother had a Cowboys helmet for a purse, and would sew bedspreads, and coasters with stars on them. Take your millions, and cry in your pillows. We aren't throwing drinks at you. We're simply tired of watching talent wasted. This team is soft, and his comment proves it. I've been a fan longer than he has been alive. Someone bring some accountability, and stank to this team PLEASE!!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I assumed you opted yourself in when you quoted me earlier with the clever cheerleader thing. But if you’re good, the. The original comment wasn’t intended for you in the first place.

That said—we both know we have some panicking fans right now.

As we have some head-in-the-sand fans too.

I think the same can be said about most fan bases and their teams. Fans that are never content and fans who think everything is roses.

I work with some spoiled Patriot fans who think it may be time to move on from Brady after the Ravens loss.

cern

Reaction score
He’s right tho. And he’s almost certainly not the only player who feels this way. You guys are completely lame when you overreact this way.
Should we be orgasmic over a 5-4 record? Lewis should be calling out his teammates. He shouldn't allow himself to be rattled by what fans say. The defense stunk it up yesterday and he was part of it. He needs to grow up.

sideon

Reaction score
JTT is saying he gets arrogant vibes covering this team. Nate says the locker room feels more like a bunch of stars than a real team. Something is off.
Not surprised, They always sound very arrogant after they beat awful teams.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should we be orgasmic over a 5-4 record? Lewis should be calling out his teammates. He shouldn't allow himself to be rattled by what fans say. The defense stunk it up yesterday and he was part of it. He needs to grow up.

No, you should not be orgasmic over 5-4. Good question.

I doubt he’s rattled. He probably just disrespects the weakness fans show when they act like this.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score

I doubt he’s rattled. He probably just disrespects the weakness fans show when they act like this.
Reacting to the evidence shown to date is weakness? What evidence have you seen that leads you to believe this team can make the playoffs? Much less making an impact if they were to get in.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There is an arrogance about this team I do not like.

It is more ignorance. They don't know how much they are underachieving.

Sounds like they buy the scratching, battling and clawing nonsense that Garrett talks about. Disappointing.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
It is more ignorance. They don't know how much they are underachieving.

Sounds like they buy the scratching, battling and clawing nonsense that Garrett talks about. Disappointing.

Most athletes at that level have this amazing belief in themselves. It's part of what got them to that level. Garrett's catch phrases and Jerry's nonstop optimism resonate with them.

erod

Reaction score
They create unique ways to lose games consistently.

They are average at best.

CWR

Reaction score
Honest question. Where is this talk about winning the division coming from? The Eagles have an easier schedule coming up and the second head to head is an out door game in their house.

Seriously, the wins we have left are Detroit (without Stafford) and Washington. New England is a given loss and the rest of them are up in the air. I don’t see how a division win is likely.

Neither the bills or the bears are playing well.

That puts us at 9

Also the Rams are really struggling now.

And we pummeled Eagles just 2 weeks ago. Its not crazy to think we may have their number.

Im not sure we win the division, but I think if we dont it will be real close.

cern

Reaction score

By over reacting himself? That'll show 'em. Want to shut the fans up? How about winning games against quality opponents.