Julius Jones Is A "Pile Seeking RB"...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ghst187;1209022 said:
I really wanted Maroney or DeAngelo Williams last year in the first round.
How cool would it be to have MBIII and Maroney back together again?
I thought both Maroney and Williams were absolute steals late first last year.
I did think I liked the Carp pick at the time though too.

anyway....
If JJ keeps running the same way he is now....what does he add that Tyson Thompson can't?
I think that's a question that our scouts have to consider next offseason. From what I've seen, Thompson can run just as well as JJ is.
If that's the case, JJ can fetch some trade value and we can find a hidden gem in the draft. RBs are easy to find and quick to contribute, typically.
Give me Addai over both of those guys.

Hoov

Reaction score
marchetta;1208895 said:
Parcells killed him. BP has instilled this fear into JJ to "trust the play" and go to where the hole is supposed to be, even if it's not there. Bp is so afraid of negative plays, that he's taken away JJ ability to improvise. As a result, JJ rarely bounces outside as he did his 1st year. Chuck Knox Jr. was critical of JJ not being able to see alternate holes when running. Funny, JJ had no problem finding the holes his 1st year. BP has changed JJ from a free-running back that could improvise and bounce outside, to a straight-ahead runner. While this may not lead to many negative yardage plays, it means a lot less homerun plays that result when you run free.
this is rediculous. barber has the same coach and is playing well.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
heavyg;1209084 said:
If he packed on muscle he didn't pack it on where it was needed. HIS LEGS!!!! The kid still has chicken legs. I think that is his main problem. He lacks the power to go through even arm tackles. He seems to go down on fist contact.

Absolutely agree. Compare his lower body in his pads to someone like Frank Gore or even LT. Emmitt was classic with his big butt and thighs. JJ isn't built that way and never will be. I've always said JJ is more a V shape build, which doesn't provide a low center of gravity.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1209090 said:
wow if thats what you call chicken legs i wonder what you think a good size is

He's talking about in comparison. You can look at photos of JJ running and see he simply doesn't have the lower base like Emmitt had or Gore does today.

arync

Reaction score
Parcells didn't say anything bad about JJ today, he was talking about Hoyte hitting the backstop

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1208989 said:
I agree, too, although I know others will kill us for it. :) I think Julius is trying so hard to please Parcells by running north and south that he's giving up big runs to the outside.

I agree.

Watch JJ respond to Bill's criticism by saying "Bump, this. I'm going back to my original style of running."

MONT17

Reaction score
JuJo needs drive blockers... guys like KK and Rivera do not make holes! I'm not a JuJo fan but I call it like it is if you are going to go witha Rb like JuJo you need players like LA to make lanes!

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
marchetta;1208895 said:
Parcells killed him. BP has instilled this fear into JJ to "trust the play" and go to where the hole is supposed to be, even if it's not there. Bp is so afraid of negative plays, that he's taken away JJ ability to improvise. As a result, JJ rarely bounces outside as he did his 1st year. Chuck Knox Jr. was critical of JJ not being able to see alternate holes when running. Funny, JJ had no problem finding the holes his 1st year. BP has changed JJ from a free-running back that could improvise and bounce outside, to a straight-ahead runner. While this may not lead to many negative yardage plays, it means a lot less homerun plays that result when you run free.
:hammer: just pull out the film of his rookie season,he made people miss at the line,now he constantly gets tripped up. When he gets past the first level now he has both arms wrapped around the ball,thus loosing his balance. Remeber the run on turkey day against the bears and he abused the safety, those days are gone. It's a shame,and I believe Barber will be here for years to come and Jones will move on after his current contract

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dangerous Dave;1208911 said:
He can't be that bad, or BP would bench him.

Pile-seeking RB? I don't see it that way at all.

I'm sure you'll retract your criticism if he has a big day Sunday :rolleyes:

I'm a huge apologist, but I've been seeing the same thing Cap America has, Julius seems to have lost all his vision, remember in a PC a week ago, how BP was telling the story how JJ gets it, and that he ran into a safey, and should have gotten 20+ on the play, and JJ knew told him he knew that? well it seems JJ does the same thing weekly on most of his runs, when the defender comes up, he doesn't elude him, which is a far cry from the 2nd half of his rookie year where he was breaking ankles

he's also been running on his blocker's heels alot, and hasn't been able to get around them, usually when a RB has a couple of blockers in front of him, he should be getting huge gains, JJ just trips up

idk, something's up w/ him

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
marchetta;1208895 said:

BP has been coaching RBs this way forever, I don't see that BP's killed him, I just see JJ not gettting it

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
It could be becuase that "pile" is what the o-line allowed to be there. Hmmmm?

Route 66

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1209106 said:
He's talking about in comparison. You can look at photos of JJ running and see he simply doesn't have the lower base like Emmitt had or Gore does today.

Al Gore doesn't run.

sillycon

Reaction score
Perhaps someone could look at the tapes and see what kind of holes the OL opens up for JJ and Barber? For some reason, I keep thinking that the OL doesn't seem to open up as big a hole for JJ as they do for Barber.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If the O line was not blocking as well for JJ as MB, BP would be all over them like a king sized blanket. BP has turned JJ into a robot with no imagination or improvisation. Thats the way he wanted JJ, and thats what he got. I feel sorry for JJ= he CLEARLY is not running the way he did as a rookie, or last year vs Carolina. Since BP keeps saying that JJ is running the way HE wants him to, what other explanation is there? JJ had vision, quickness and moves before this year; so what has changed?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen enough of JJ. He is what he is........good.........not 'bad', not 'very good', doesn't 'suck'.......just 'good'. We can do better. I thought so when we drafted him.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Sarge;1209536 said:
I've seen enough of JJ. He is what he is........good.........not 'bad', not 'very good', doesn't 'suck'.......just 'good'. We can do better. I thought so when we drafted him.

Evening Sarge.

Can't say I disagree. ;)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
sillycon;1209432 said:
Perhaps someone could look at the tapes and see what kind of holes the OL opens up for JJ and Barber? For some reason, I keep thinking that the OL doesn't seem to open up as big a hole for JJ as they do for Barber.

in the broadcast yesterday, Troy was relating how BP told him that Marion wasn't the fastest guy, but he's real patient once he gets through the hole

I think the problem JJ has, and what I'v been seeing, is that once he hits the hole, he runs right into a pile, or on the heels of his own blockers, I think once he hits the hole, he needs to slow down and use his vision to find his way around his blockers, JMO and when he's in the open field, he has to do a better job of eluding the S, alot of his runs could be 20+ yarders if he just makes that last defender in his area miss

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1209089 said:
I took it from the transcript, so if I'm wrong, I'm sorry for misstating it. I was actually surprised he would say anything negative about JJ since JJ is kind of sensitive to criticism.

The point is however, that JJ is not finding the holes and running with vision and authority. That's pretty obvious whether Parcells points it out or not.
So basically the whole point of your post is a fabrication?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1208842 said:
It's interesting that Parcells is being critical of this behavior, as many people thought Parcells was the one driving this mentality into Jones. It seems to me that Jones is either timid or "lazy" in that he doesn't try to get as much out of each play as possible. Maybe he just doesn't have the vision to be a good RB, because from the TV it seems that the holes he's missing are obvious.

Edit: After re-reading the OP I can tell that Bill wasn't critical of Jones in that he's a "pile-seeker."

I wouldn't say "many people" are claiming it's BP's fault. I'd say it's one person who posts it over and over and over and over and over again hoping that people will actually believe that crap.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Rack;1209610 said:
I wouldn't say "many people" are claiming it's BP's fault. I'd say it's one person who posts it over and over and over and over and over again hoping that people will actually believe that crap.
Actually, its the headcoach who repeatedly says that JJ is running how he wants him to, and that Barber still needs work in that area.

//and its already been shown that Parcells was not being critical of JJ, but was talking about Hoyte.