Julius Jones Is A "Pile Seeking RB"...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
speedkilz88;1209617 said:
Actually, its the headcoach who repeatedly says that JJ is running how he wants him to, and that Barber still needs work in that area.

//and its already been shown that Parcells was not being critical of JJ, but was talking about Hoyte.

The headcoach says a lot of things.

So you're telling me the headcoach wants MBIII to be LESS effective?

Yeah, if you say so, Buddy.

batman36

Reaction score
Dallas might move their #1 pick ('07) for a first rounder in '08 and target Arkansas' Darren McFadden. Jerry would probably like to have a Razorback on his roster. This might be plausible if the Cowboys think they have no glaring weaknesses. Just a thought!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1208830 said:
...sorry to sound too critical of Julius but even Parcells admitted publicly today that Julius came up small yesterday. That's the first time I've heard him say something like that about JJ's performance. He has mentioned his ability to stay healthy, but in today's PC, Parcells basically said JJ did not play well yesterday. That is a real disappointment as we make our December push because, as good as MB3 is, Julius should be giving us more big plays in the running game.

I believe once again, it's late in the season and Julius is hurting. I did not say "injured", just hurting and unfortunately with JJ that affects his play.
I've thought for the past few weeks that Parcells has been trying to nurse JJ through the middle part of the season and save something for the December push. Unfortunately, JJ isn't doing anything more than just running straight ahead with little wiggle or agility. One thing he has been doing that is very annoying is running with his head down and failing to see the cut back lanes. It's almost as if he's looking for a pile to plow into.

You've heard of a "heat-seeking missle"? Well JJ has quickly become a "pile-seeking RB".

If he doesn't pick it up soon it could be a very interesting off-season for JJ.

You think JJ might be fading and MBIII emerging from the shadows?
:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
we need to trade jones to oakland and get a good draft pick or something

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We can be some fickle fans. Yeah MB seems to be more productive. You wouldn't know if JJ is hurt unless you're on the team, a trainer, doctor or Parcells. I'd give the guy a chance to prove or disprove himself. A 'slump' is no reason to panic over what has been one of the better tandem RBs in the league.

Our team wasn't going to the playoffs a few games ago and now we're one of the best teams in the NFL. Let's see if JJ picks it up some. JMO

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jobberone;1210088 said:
We can be some fickle fans. Yeah MB seems to be more productive. You wouldn't know if JJ is hurt unless you're on the team, a trainer, doctor or Parcells. I'd give the guy a chance to prove or disprove himself. A 'slump' is no reason to panic over what has been one of the better tandem RBs in the league.

Our team wasn't going to the playoffs a few games ago and now we're one of the best teams in the NFL. Let's see if JJ picks it up some. JMO

I agree, but I'd say it's been a bit more then a slump. He hasn't ran with the that burst he had earlier in the season since before we played the giants... the first time.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1209554 said:
in the broadcast yesterday, Troy was relating how BP told him that Marion wasn't the fastest guy, but he's real patient once he gets through the hole

I think the problem JJ has, and what I'v been seeing, is that once he hits the hole, he runs right into a pile, or on the heels of his own blockers, I think once he hits the hole, he needs to slow down and use his vision to find his way around his blockers, JMO and when he's in the open field, he has to do a better job of eluding the S, alot of his runs could be 20+ yarders if he just makes that last defender in his area miss

I agree with you he is not patient in the whole at all its full speed all the time with his head down. He has been leaving a lot of yards on the feild this year.

Kobal

Reaction score
jobberone;1210088 said:

:hammer:

It seems he didn't use the blockers well. Or it is about his vision. His feet were kinda heavy. I hope he and coaches will fix it. :eek::

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1209023 said:
To the people that are saying Bill Parcells caused this? Do you honestly think Bill is coaching Juilus and telling him after games that his pile running is exactly what we want? Hell no. He's asking him what he's doing differently and to start running like he used to. To think that Parcells is hindering his running is ridiculous and simply baseless accusation.

Exactly! Big Bill has had a great deal of success with a lot of average RBs its hard for me to believe he is a RB killer.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Rack;1209627 said:
The headcoach says a lot of things.

So you're telling me the headcoach wants MBIII to be LESS effective?

Yeah, if you say so, Buddy.

Well the FACT is that he said it, personally I think he is trying to make jones into something he's not, if he wanted a straightline runner he should have drafted one. He's a slasher, and it seems Parcells is taking the slash out of him. Question for all you down on Jones, how come you never hear Parcells complain about what Jones is doing, could it be he doing what he asks him to do?

effective is relative to what the coach is asking for, don't you think?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I keep wating for those complaining to explain why BP has said what he said as recently as last week. All I hear is silence.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
The bottomline is we lead the league in time of possession and that is Parcells' MO, I think he doesn't want JJ breaking long ones, with the comment about MBIII taking on the safety more often really ought to sum up that philosophy IMO.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Conspiracy!! BP has told JJ he does not want long runs- they do not eat enough off the clock and results in the D having to go back out. It hurts TOP.
Therefore he has been told not to run to daylight.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
burmafrd;1210563 said:
Conspiracy!! BP has told JJ he does not want long runs- they do not eat enough off the clock and results in the D having to go back out. It hurts TOP.

Conspiracy? More like a philosophy, he has had the same coaching style where ever he's coached.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1210563 said:

Thats so rediculous, I dont know where to start.