Julius Wood got claimed by Titans

Jarntt

Reaction score
You can't keep everyone. I'm happy for both that they got claimed. It's more likely they'll be cut at some point this year than that they are contributing on Defense for their new teams and we'll figure out Special Teams with or without them. We obviously liked other players more. Let's see if they make it to week 1 and if they are on the game day roster each week.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Both Woods and Scott claimed,we should have kept Scott because our depth is non existant now at CB.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No chance I would give up any of the above for either of the two discussed here. As far as Goodwin goes, he does what he does and he does it well.
I would have probably put Goodwin back on the PS to start the year, like we've done the last couple of years. He's a movable piece that allows you to keep younger players instead of losing them. Could have kept either Scott or Wood instead. Not that I'm saying those losses are going to turn out to be worth anything, but it's just a move that would have made sense considering what we've done with Goodwin previously.

rambo2

Reaction score
you say they can play special teams I said can they be special on special teams you do not know this you have no data to support this not everyone can play special teams it is a very unique position to be able to play both high level on special teams and offer something to the regular team you would be on. I'm saying with the data that the Cowboys have Goodwin not being moved because he one of the best special teams players in the league. goodwins not being moved because he has a special niche being one of the best special teams' players in the league.

so once again I believe this up to the professionals they have a whole coaching staff and a whole scouting department and a whole front office that have looked into this and they decided to keep good one I'm not listening to a fan base that all wanted Earl Thomas they all wanted Eric Berry they all wanted Jamal Adams and I could go on and on and on with the list of players that would have been bad for this team to go get because a fan base looks at too much fantasy football and plays too much Madden and reach too much and thinks they know something that an established organization actually a professional a do this for a living..

I get the reactions like Oh my God I can't believe we lost him that's normal but don't say you think that they're better than the player the Cowboys kept... You have zero data to support that except for what you saw of them playing against third and fourth string talent and that goes for some of the receivers right now being overhyped like we did last offseason, and offseason before that, all these preseason heroes that never did anything in the regular season..

All these wide receivers except for the new guy in Fourany were over hyped they didn't offer anything in the regular season it's because they're playing games without game plans against inferior talent... So everyone needs to calm down about the overreactions about losing players because all teams are doing this right now it's a roster influx they will bring some of these guys back the ones that we lost out on well let's just see what they do for years running in the NFL most of them I'm betting will be gone.
You watch Wood will play special teams for the Titans. He can run and he can tackle. Of course he can play special teams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Isaiah Land last year comes to mind.....
You mean an overreaction what has this guy done what have any of these guys done here or anywhere else except for have potential and be a fan favorite that has really done nothing.. You talking about the kid that the Colts picked up that only appeared in seven games and had six total tackles and one sack all that we're missing dude are you serious Doris Armstrong was a better talent and that's why he stuck to the team yes sometimes you miss out on a player but all teams have to go through this I'm cut down where they have to make tough decisions on some players that were on the bubble if we didn't only have a limited roster and a limited salary cap you can keep everyone.

That is not the reality of sports and especially in the NFL this is an overreaction you're bringing up a guy but did you follow him last year I mean what did you see that's impressed you? You saw potential potential don't mean **** in three or four years from now we can discuss whether it was a mistake or not but all teams make these mistakes either by the ones they keep or by the ones they got away:popcorn:

Patrick

Reaction score
Wood had some nice plays but I think some people are getting ahead of themselves, there was a couple plays I was yelling at Damone Clark for being stupid before I corrected myself that he's not #33 anymore.

We all hated losing Land last year and he's done nothing. Chances are Wood will be the same, wish nothing but the best for the young man though.

With that being said, keeping Waletzko/Wheat over Wood is stupid, regardless of how many safeties we already have.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd take Land over Wheat this year.
I bet you would but did you go find out that he only appeared in seven games for the Colts he had 6 total tackles four were assisted and one whole sack so I'd rather have Lawson or whomever I mean some of you just over rate potential and until like 3 or 4 years from now there's no way to know whether this was a mistake just like all teams you either make a mistake by keeping the wrong guy or letting the wrong guy go it happens when we're talking about bottom of the roster potential you guys are overrating and overreacting as usual..

I remember when that Kamara kid was here and he was like the Hard Knocks superhero of the preseason and he hasn't done squats since,,, be careful on how you rate these guys just because your eyes see potential but this kid didn't do anything last year for the Colts we didn't miss out at all we didn't have room for him on the roster it happens but until he plays significant snaps in three years from now we'll be able to see whether we lost out or not but right now saying that before seeing both players play out their careers is absolutely insane..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You mean an overreaction what has this guy done what have any of these guys done here or anywhere else except for have potential and be a fan favorite that has really done nothing.. You talking about the kid that the Colts picked up that only appeared in seven games and had six total tackles and one sack all that we're missing dude are you serious Doris Armstrong was a better talent and that's why he stuck to the team yes sometimes you miss out on a player but all teams have to go through this I'm cut down where they have to make tough decisions on some players that were on the bubble if we didn't only have a limited roster and a limited salary cap you can keep everyone.

That is not the reality of sports and especially in the NFL this is an overreaction you're bringing up a guy but did you follow him last year I mean what did you see that's impressed you? You saw potential potential don't mean **** in three or four years from now we can discuss whether it was a mistake or not but all teams make these mistakes either by the ones they keep or by the ones they got away:popcorn:
That's exactly what I meant. There were people rueing losing Land and he did nothing for the Colts. People are assuming Wood is a future all-pro because he picked off Stetson Bennett and Easton Stick in the preaseson.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's exactly what I meant. There were people rueing losing Land and he did nothing for the Colts. People are assuming Wood is a future all-pro because he picked off Stetson Bennett and Easton Stick in the preaseson.
Well good I'm glad we agreed but some of these overreactions are ridiculous it's a potential we lost out on potential is not losing anything until you find out down the road how these players turn out we don't know anything right now it's too small a sample size and it's a numbers game like you said we already have our future at safety.

tayloner

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't play the "cut a vested veteran" game this year. Or rather, play it more than they did, because I assume guys like Freeman, Vigil, Harris, Lawson, etc., could be back on the practice squad for future elevation. But we could have also done it with Rush, Goodwin, Sieg and Edoga - but we didn't, and we lose a couple "maybe decent in the future" young players in Scott and Wood.