Julius Wood got claimed by Titans

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wood had some nice plays but I think some people are getting ahead of themselves, there was a couple plays I was yelling at Damone Clark for being stupid before I corrected myself that he's not #33 anymore.

We all hated losing Land last year and he's done nothing. Chances are Wood will be the same, wish nothing but the best for the young man though.

With that being said, keeping Waletzko/Wheat over Wood is stupid, regardless of how many safeties we already have.
Exactly perfectly on point we can go back in three or four years and have this discussion but right now it's a severe overreaction over potential alone.. I mean the same things happening at wide receiver right now I think people need to really understand that when you're playing in preseason against inferior talent with no game plans you're gonna look a whole lot better but we need to calm down until they show something in real games in real moments that they they're counted on where the pressures on..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't play the "cut a vested veteran" game this year. Or rather, play it more than they did, because I assume guys like Freeman, Vigil, Harris, Lawson, etc., could be back on the practice squad for future elevation. But we could have also done it with Rush, Goodwin, Sieg and Edoga - but we didn't, and we lose a couple "maybe decent in the future" young players in Scott and Wood.
Because they only have one roster move to make with Edoga to IR to return. That open roster spot will be used on CeeDee Lamb.

blueblood70

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't play the "cut a vested veteran" game this year. Or rather, play it more than they did, because I assume guys like Freeman, Vigil, Harris, Lawson, etc., could be back on the practice squad for future elevation. But we could have also done it with Rush, Goodwin, Sieg and Edoga - but we didn't, and we lose a couple "maybe decent in the future" young players in Scott and Wood.
For the life of me I'll never understand how a group of fans who are reading things who think they know things more than the professionals are making these decisions for the life of me I'll never understand how you have an ego so big that you think you're better than a group of professional to have made their life making decisions like that..lmao good one though but why are you having a beer with your buddies and throwing out all these ideas and they think that it's smart and I agree with you and you give a good big high 5 that's where it ends.. Go build your fantasy football team and lead the professionals of doing professional things nobody's perfect teams lose out this is not a cowboy thing it's a numbers game there's a lot of moving pieces in flux with the bottom of this roster like other teams have cut players they didn't wanna cut....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because they only have one roster move to make with Edoga to IR to return. That open roster spot will be used on CeeDee Lamb.
Don't worry he thinks he knows things he believes when he's hanging around his group of friends that he has the inside scoop on being better than professionals who are making these decisions on the fly trying to get a roster together for a $10 billion football team and $100 billion league but hey they played fantasy football in their kings of their Madden football group. They know better they they know more because they read things they hear things they see what's allowed to be seen but somehow they forget that real professionals do this for a living have to make these decisions on the fly..

blueblood70

Reaction score
So tired of Goodwin taking up a roster spot. Really stupid move.
TY Mr. Internet know it all GM, thank you for your evaluation from behind your desk ,

I gotta love the fanbase who think they know something even though they don't but why don't you go play your fantasy football turn on your Madden and keep thinking that's you know what's stupid and not when running a billion-dollar NFL team..

But thanks for your input lmao NOT :espn: :oldcouple: :popcorn:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wood is an epic fail by the front office. Fast forward to 2025. Hooker and Wilson are almost certainly goners. Good thing we held on to Waltezko
Yep, almost as bad as that time they released Harvey Smechtenburg out of Lower Southeastern New Hampshire State Teacher's College. EPIC fail!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I was a fan of Wood, but I wont be losing any sleep over this either. Hes a very interesting prospect, but the odds are still against him becoming an impact player in the league. He profiles as a guy who should be able to contribute on special teams so I would assume the Cowboys simply were not as high on him as the fans are. Its why I struggle to get too invested in preseason results.

SlimBig

Reaction score
So we gave up a draft pick with KC to move up and draft Eric Scott.
We cut him and KC claims him. Hahaha

Do not draft because of what defensive coordinator we have at the moment.
Draft because of team identity. See PIT, PHI, GB, BAL, etc.

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
TY Mr. Internet know it all GM, thank you for your evaluation from behind your desk ,

I gotta love the fanbase who think they know something even though they don't but why don't you go play your fantasy football turn on your Madden and keep thinking that's you know what's stupid and not when running a billion-dollar NFL team..

But thanks for your input lmao NOT :espn: :oldcouple: :popcorn:
Yes. And you’re the smartest guy in the room. Get real. Obviously your just somebody who sits on here trying to create a stir.

For what’s it’s worth wiseass . I don’t play fantasy and haven’t played madden since I’m a kid. Not that there’s anything wrong with playing madden. And ESPN sucks.

Goodwin is a special teams player only. And he’s no Steve tasker. There’s no reason for him to take a spot and let young players with upside go.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I would have probably put Goodwin back on the PS to start the year, like we've done the last couple of years. He's a movable piece that allows you to keep younger players instead of losing them. Could have kept either Scott or Wood instead. Not that I'm saying those losses are going to turn out to be worth anything, but it's just a move that would have made sense considering what we've done with Goodwin previously.
I could see either way. To me, special teams matter so, I take the one that plays STs best since that's all they will do. I suspect that's Goodwin but who knows. What do you gain from starting Goodwin on the PS? You can only move him up 3 times to the game day roster (and you will do so to have him on STs) and then have to put him on the 53 and cut someone any way. Also, I just don't think the team cares too much about the other two or they would have just kept them. Lastly, we aren't done with moves. I expect the 53 to have a couple of new names by week 1 which means they likely would be gone anyway and perhaps so will Goodwin be.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So we gave up a draft pick with KC to move up and draft Eric Scott.
We cut him and KC claims him. Hahaha

Do not draft because of what defensive coordinator we have at the moment.
Draft because of team identity. See PIT, PHI, GB, BAL, etc.
They thought he was another Daron Bland. Looks like a miss but this year they drafted Caelen Carson and he appears to be another hit. That's still really good drafting.

rambo2

Reaction score
We are getting Ball back to the practice squad. We could have done the same thing with Waletzko and kept Wood on the 53.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Just kind of dumb roster management to me. You knew Wood was going to get claimed after the pre-season he had.

No one was claiming Wheat who is likely to be cut anyway. Could have had wood to the active roster and busted him down later and he probably would have been ok.

Same thing with Isaiah Land last year.

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
We are getting Ball back to the practice squad. We could have done the same thing with Waletzko and kept Wood on the 53.
You really don't know that. The team chose the guys they think are the best. They knew when they cut guys there is a chance they get claimed. They obviously were more willing to lose Wood than Waletzko. Personally I could care less if Wood made the team and of the guys cut he wouldn't even have been my next one to keep. He might not have been in my top 5. He was never gong to play on defense in 2024 and I don't know how good he would be on STs.

shabazz

Reaction score
......and just because of taking an atrocious angle on that 70 yard TD run against us last game.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well we do have a mix of younger and older players at DB.
Sure they would want him on the practice squad but sometimes that is just how it goes.

Personally I would have kept him over TE Spann-ford and I liked him coming of of minnesota.