Jury Still Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh it's real as far as a statistic and is why they will be in the playoffs no matter what happens the rest of the way. Full marks for (mostly) taking care of business. But it is based on a VERY easy schedule.

Aren't going to be playing such a lame level of competition come January.

No proof at all yet that they can hang with the big boys.

Not saying they can't, not saying they will.

Just saying we don't know yet until they play the meat of their schedule against a gauntlet of opponents that for the most part the rest of the division has already played.

As the title says, jury is still out.
Last year the Eagles had the easiest path to the SB. Easiest schedule ever. And 2 teams in the playoffs with no QB. Literally SF had no QB.
But everyone and many on here act like they are the best team ever.

Funny how they disregard that.

Mark

Reaction score
Sheesh, you have to wade through a lot of depressing pearl-clutching & defeatism here...most of it demonstrably illogical. Not guys* a coach would consider for the cheerleading squad, for sure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

But lost in all the division talk is the inconvenient fact that the Cowboys have not beaten a single team with a winning record. Not a one.

That's not their fault - the schedule maker gave them a whole lot of cupcakes the first three months of the season, and they have for the most part walloped the bottom feeders on their schedule, save the horribly damaging failure in AZ.

Now let's see how they do against some better competition remaining. Only then will we get a true sense of whether they are a legit contender or not.

Yes, they played the Eagles tight -- but so what. So did the Commanders, TWICE. And Wash lost to the Giants' backup QBs, TWICE.

And Dallas didn't look like they belonged on the same field with SF, the only other decent team they have played.

I for one am very interested to see whether this team is for real. The next month will be revealing.
You think us not beating a single team with a winning record is "lost in all the division talk"? It's literally mentioned all day everyday on here, on Twitter, on Fox, on ABC....EVERYWHERE. We get it lol.

Gambit

Reaction score
Um, every person who is baking a winning -- or even undefeated! -- record into all of the unreasonably hopeful "we can still win the division" talk.
I had baked ziti for dinner, while baking on my pain meds, and wife was baking chocolate chip cookies.

Disclaimer:
This post was meant as humourous entertainment value. In no way is it meant to be taken as a serious comment.

Aven8

Reaction score
I can understand losing to San Francisco and Philly, but there was no excuse for what happened against AZ. We would be within striking distance if it wasn’t for that loss.
Fortunately for us this isn’t the same team, or at least offense that played that day. This thing has done a 180 since that game

beacamdim

Reaction score
Nothing against you...its the argument.

Everyone was saying Josh Allen is better than Dak just to be controversial.

Im saying define what you are saying so that critics can call you out if you are wrong. Dont muddy the waters.

If Dak throws for 400+ yards and one INTper game and no wins over the next few weeks...who is that on? Define your post to a more pinpoint degree. Or...do you not want to do that as to muddy things?

Youre into muddying things to keep hate alive. YAWN?
ok. I gave you my explicit definition above.

But since I haven't made any prediction about what will happen since I do not know (as I said explicitly multiple times), not sure how I can be called out regardless of who wins these games.

Mannix

Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

But lost in all the division talk is the inconvenient fact that the Cowboys have not beaten a single team with a winning record. Not a one.

That's not their fault - the schedule maker gave them a whole lot of cupcakes the first three months of the season, and they have for the most part walloped the bottom feeders on their schedule, save the horribly damaging failure in AZ.

Now let's see how they do against some better competition remaining. Only then will we get a true sense of whether they are a legit contender or not.

Yes, they played the Eagles tight -- but so what. So did the Commanders, TWICE. And Wash lost to the Giants' backup QBs, TWICE.

And Dallas didn't look like they belonged on the same field with SF, the only other decent team they have played.

I for one am very interested to see whether this team is for real. The next month will be revealing.
Um....not their fault? Why isn't it their fault for not beating either Philly or SF?

Status
Not open for further replies.