Jury Still Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

beacamdim

Reaction score
A lot of the posters are actually Philly fans acting like they’re Dallas fans.

That way they can come on here and say “We haven’t beaten anyone, we suck and the Eagles are awesome!”

This place is lousy with them.
Maybe, but that's not me.

Heck, I said I didnt know what was going to happen.

Certainly didn't say anyone sucked.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

But lost in all the division talk is the inconvenient fact that the Cowboys have not beaten a single team with a winning record. Not a one.

That's not their fault - the schedule maker gave them a whole lot of cupcakes the first three months of the season, and they have for the most part walloped the bottom feeders on their schedule, save the horribly damaging failure in AZ.

Now let's see how they do against some better competition remaining. Only then will we get a true sense of whether they are a legit contender or not.

Yes, they played the Eagles tight -- but so what. So did the Commanders, TWICE. And Wash lost to the Giants' backup QBs, TWICE.

And Dallas didn't look like they belonged on the same field with SF, the only other decent team they have played.

I for one am very interested to see whether this team is for real. The next month will be revealing.
.... Exactly how many of these threads are necessary, and which responses prevent this kind of bed-wetting everytime we plant a dog crap team?

beacamdim

Reaction score
.... Exactly how many of these threads are necessary, and which responses prevent this kind of bed-wetting everytime we plant a dog crap team?
I think "bed-wetting" should be saved for those threads that assume the worst, and should not be casually and carelessly applied to those that merely express curiosity and anticipation like my OP here.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

But lost in all the division talk is the inconvenient fact that the Cowboys have not beaten a single team with a winning record. Not a one.

That's not their fault - the schedule maker gave them a whole lot of cupcakes the first three months of the season, and they have for the most part walloped the bottom feeders on their schedule, save the horribly damaging failure in AZ.

Now let's see how they do against some better competition remaining. Only then will we get a true sense of whether they are a legit contender or not.

Yes, they played the Eagles tight -- but so what. So did the Commanders, TWICE. And Wash lost to the Giants' backup QBs, TWICE.

And Dallas didn't look like they belonged on the same field with SF, the only other decent team they have played.

I for one am very interested to see whether this team is for real. The next month will be revealing.
Indeed it will.
December usually separates the pretenders from the contenders.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
8-3 is not real?

Last I seen they are tied with several other teams for the 2nd best record in the NFL.
Nothing is real until January. Then we’ll find out for real.

Sorry but that’s were we’re at and we don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I think "bed-wetting" should be saved for those threads that assume the worst, and should not be casually and carelessly applied to those that merely express curiosity and anticipation like my OP here.

Exactly how many times do we have to be reminded the Cowboys haven't beaten a plus .500 team though?

The schedule for all teams contains 17 potential wins and losses.

Dallas is playing the hand dealt, and will end up where they belong.

If that means ouster in the Divisional Round- that's what it is.

But by every measure- they are one of the NFL's strongest clubs.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Exactly how many times do we have to be reminded the Cowboys haven't beaten a plus .500 team though?

Well, every measure except strength of schedule.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

The NFL isn’t college ball. There are no cupcakes. I’m betting you’re the kind of guy that would’ve complained if we’d have beaten Washington by 7.

As far as the schedule goes, 14 games are planned many years in advance (decades using the current formula).. The remaining three, for parity, are against opponents who had similar records the year prior. The ‘schedule makers’ just slot predetermined games.

What we’re probably going to do is go 12-5, maybe 13-4 (or 11-6). That’s a good regular season. Then team health will definitely play a factor in playoff success for all teams. We - or any other team - can stil lose a player who is critical to our success. Deebo went down, SF lost 3 straight.

I just don’t understand why fans can’t enjoy the ride when we have a good team. I’ve seen us have bad teams. Nobody wants that.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
All valid points. But all 3 losses on the road. Two of them we didn’t care to show up for. This team is still evolving. It’s very exciting to watch regardless of the opponents we’ve played
Well, on the bright side, going forward perhaps the Cowboys will “care to show up for” games. Could happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can't understand losing to Philly. The Cowboys had the game won and shot themselves in the foot.
Which is why we aren’t a championship team. Great teams find ways to win not ways to lose.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

good post.
not what most here want to hear though lol. they get excited over the blowouts over teams like the giants, and team like the panthers who are tanking.
This season is a boring season where all the teams are bad and boring and have gone downhill to some extent.
There all no real good teams. Just as I think some team is maybe real good, they lose to some really bad team. Dallas did just that in arizona.

gee it almost seems like this is all fixed ! lol
And then the refs, sure it is same ol same ol, refs arent biased against specific teams. they call the games as they are told to call them.
NY office is in their ears in each game they call, and make all the calls on disputed calls. They may even tell the to throw a flag, and they tell them what it is for.

I cant believe some you actually believe the whole refs dont like the cowboys, or they helped eagles beat buffalo. lol.
they are doing what they are told to do.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous.

The Cowboys can't beat a winning team....that's the premise.

We know this is a valid statement, due to the support of overwhelming data......two freakin' games. Two!

Again, this is like tossing a coin twice, getting heads twice, and claiming that every time someone tosses a coin, it will be heads. Ridiculous!

Even worse, this "evidence" outweighs the fact that the Cowboys have consistently beaten good teams during the most recent seasons.

From 2020 to 2022, the Dallas Cowboys have beaten 8 teams that made the playoffs that season by a margin of 14 points.

It can be done.

beacamdim

Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous.

The Cowboys can't beat a winning team....that's the premise.

We know this is a valid statement, due to the support of overwhelming data......two freakin' games. Two!

Again, this is like tossing a coin twice, getting heads twice, and claiming that every time someone tosses a coin, it will be heads. Ridiculous!

Even worse, this "evidence" outweighs the fact that the Cowboys have consistently beaten good teams during the most recent seasons.

From 2020 to 2022, the Dallas Cowboys have beaten 8 teams that made the playoffs that season by a margin of 14 points.

It can be done.
You didn’t read the original post carefully if you think that’s the premise.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Anyone keeping up with records changing if that is even to be used as an identifier?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

Cowboys beat the 1-0 Jets (at the time) during Week 2. Destroyed them 30-10 similar to how the Cowboys have destroyed most of their opponents this 2023 season. Totally destroys this "Cowboys have not beaten a single team with a winning record. Not one." false narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.