Jury Still Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh, there's excuses, I can list some below:
1. No familiarity with Dobbs, didn't know how he could play.
2. Took the game for granted with no Murray playing.
3. Cowboys weren't as good as they are now.
4. Beat a Giants team 40-0 and got overconfident.

Now I'm not saying any of the above are valid. Just noting that you can always find excuses.

Though you really don't need an excuse, or even a reason, for "what happened against AZ". Losses like that happen to every team. Nothing unusual there.

If it happens several times during one season, that's another thing. But so far Dallas has handily handled (cute, huh?) all other "weak" teams, so I'll write that game off as an aberration....
No familiarity with Joshua Dobbs? We played against him the previous season when he was at Tennessee and he gave us trouble. Everything you listed are nothing more than excuses.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No familiarity with Joshua Dobbs? We played against him the previous season when he was at Tennessee and he gave us trouble. Everything you listed are nothing more than excuses.
Didn't I start off with saying they were excuses? Of course they are, I already said so. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Well, excuuuuse me, I forgot he played against Dallas for ONE game. And you probably had to look that up. And he "gave us trouble"?
Lol, 13 for 27, ONE touchdown, and 3 carries for 12 yards, sacked twice and had an int. Dallas won 27-13. Almost half of Tennessee's points came off 2 field goals. One game on a different team is not "familiarity" in my book, but if it'll make you feel better, ok, they were "familiar" with him.

If that's "giving us trouble" I'll take it every game....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Didn't I start off with saying they were excuses? Of course they are, I already said so. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Well, excuuuuse me, I forgot he played against Dallas for ONE game. And you probably had to look that up. And he "gave us trouble"?
Lol, 13 for 27, ONE touchdown, and 3 carries for 12 yards, sacked twice and had an int. Dallas won 27-13. Almost half of Tennessee's points came off 2 field goals. One game on a different team is not "familiarity" in my book, but if it'll make you feel better, ok, they were "familiar" with him.

If that's "giving us trouble" I'll take it every game....
I said everything you listed are nothing more than excuses, which means that’s not why we lost to AZ and are 2.5 games back of Philly. We didn’t show up to play against AZ because we didn’t respect them after blowing out the Giants and the Jets. We thought it was going to be another blowout and ended up getting our butts handed to us. We were a two TD favorite and ended up losing by two TDs. We were embarrassed! By the way, I didn’t have to look up that the Cowboys played against Joshua Dobbs last season, I watched the game. :thumbup:His mobility gave us problems. The team was aware he had some ability. Excuses are for losers and making excuses have become a theme for many fans, because they can’t accept the fact the Cowboys are never good enough to get where we all want them to go. They haven’t displayed a championship mentality. That one game in week three against AZ is going to end up costing them the NFC East and force them to have to win three road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. Good luck with that!

CCBoy

Reaction score
The problem here is a hung jury after a vote...not with the Cowboys and this upcoming game!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Which I already said in my post. Why do you keep acting like I said something different?
You only posted part of my quote. lol The excuses you listed were lousy excuses that had nothing to do with why we lost to AZ…period! Everyone including the Giants, beat AZ with Dobbs, except us.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I’m confident that Dallas gets to 10-3. I am also confident that they win the last two against Detroit and Wash. The wrench is those two games sandwiched in the middle.
Same.

This team is a different beast on the road. Buffalo and Miami will be nice litmus tests for this team down the stretch.

Would love to see them play great on the road in hostile environments to gain some confidence and mojo heading into Jan

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas is currently one of those 6 being watched...as to when and where, for Dallas, this Thursday is a not holds barred affair...as to else where:

The Eagles, quite simply, don’t look like the best team in football right now. They certainly look like they have the ability to be, but so do five or six other teams.

Whether it be Marquez Valdes-Scantling’s hideous drop at the end of Week 11, or Gabe Davis making the wrong choice on a wide-open option route in overtime this week, the game-deciding moments have bounced the Eagles way all season. Without those plays, or the referees heavy-handed nature against their opponents while swallowing the whistle during Eagles’ infractions, they’ve been extremely blessed and highly favored. But those aren’t reasons to keep them ranked No. 1.

In reality, they are on par with the bundle of 8-3 teams that sit below them in the standing and right now two of those teams feel better equipped to march their way to the Super Bowl. They aren’t in the top five in EPA, DVOA, nor PFF team grades. They have the wins, but not the substance of a dominant team.

Others do, though and fortunately, one of those teams is next up on their schedule for a scintillating Sunday matchup for Week 13.

The San Francisco 49ers are healthy again on offense and will travel to The Linc in a rematch of the NFC Championship game.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...-rankings-cowboys-eagles-chiefs-ravens-49ers/

lothos05

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

blueblood70

Reaction score
1992. Dallas won 3 games against teams with winning records. Philly, Washington, as they split their series. So 2 losses against winning teams.
Beat KC as well. And the 8-8 Broncos.
All other wins against sub .500 teams.

Lost to the 6-10 Rams.

Everyone said Cowboys weren't ready for the playoffs. As they beat the Eagles, 34-10, then everyone said no way they beat SF. Then everyone said no way they beat Buffalo.
You probably don't read my posts enough but I've already said this enough the last couple weeks and pretty much yearly nothing you do in the regular season matters in the playoffs the only thing that matters is how you get your seating and that you make it you need to make it to the playoffs that's it... It's 00 for everyone the stats reset as long as you're healthy and you're in there I don't care where you start from you have a shot at the Super bowl I don't wanna hear about odds in Las Vegas and all that nonsense it's already been proven there is no such thing in my opinion in for momentum that goes from the regular season into the postseason...

Again I'm gonna say it all it matters that you make it in and that you hope to have a good match ups and that you're healthy.... You sprinkle in a little walk along the way and you'll make it to an NFC championship game you don't need to have a winning record against winning teams in the regular season to have any shot in the playoffs where the odds somehow go up they do not this is a week to week league and that includes the playoffs...

We see teams on a weekly basis lose to teams they should beat and beat teams they should lose too or come off a big loss only to have a blowout win the next week it is what it is it's about as much about matchups and health and luck as it is anything else and it has always been this way anybody saying you need to be playing your best football at the end of the year in order to do something special in the playoffs is also not true because if it was there wouldn't be a whole lot of teams sitting starters the last game of the year or really not having a game plan in the last game and wanting the bye because both those are long layoffs..

that means there's really truly no such thing as momentum when it comes to jumping from the regular season into the postseason, health rest and luck thats if. Favorable matchup helps, a home game would be nice but not necessary.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The biggest problem is quite obvious we're missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman all in the same game also missing Trayvon diggs which was a little shocker and yes being overconfident on the road on grass I guess a mobile quarterback and the game plan to use Connor the running back also ran well they just basically played with our defense time of possession war and they won you can't blame the offense I mean they had a chance at the end if they didn't pick up that flag on Michael Gallup I mean literally playing that handicap most teams struggle especially on the road I mean you can't function without three of your starting offensive lineman all in the same game missing it was quite obvious that was a big problem because most of the penalties came from that offensive line and all the negative plays playing behind the chains and then you have a defense which is the head scratcher not be able to deal with a mobile quarterback and a strong running game once again

by the way teams are really dumb they play us normally most of the time even the giants did in game one in the first quarter where they don't stick with the run game and using mobile and motion on offense over and over until the end of the game why give up on it that is art Kelly's heal it is our kryptonite...

. But the number one issue was missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman and Trayvon diggs all in the same game on the road after a blowout win also on the road and back-to-back games it happens it all adds up to we lost.. And by the way Dobbs have done this to other people he immediately got transferred and traded from one team to another and won a game coming off the bench and played great he has that ability he's like Fitzpatrick he's gonna give you two or three really good games before he gives you three or four really bad games in a row.,.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

But lost in all the division talk is the inconvenient fact that the Cowboys have not beaten a single team with a winning record. Not a one.

That's not their fault - the schedule maker gave them a whole lot of cupcakes the first three months of the season, and they have for the most part walloped the bottom feeders on their schedule, save the horribly damaging failure in AZ.

Now let's see how they do against some better competition remaining. Only then will we get a true sense of whether they are a legit contender or not.

Yes, they played the Eagles tight -- but so what. So did the Commanders, TWICE. And Wash lost to the Giants' backup QBs, TWICE.

And Dallas didn't look like they belonged on the same field with SF, the only other decent team they have played.

I for one am very interested to see whether this team is for real. The next month will be revealing.
You're probably too young to remember, but back in 1981 the Cowboys lost to the 49ers 45-14 in the regular season. They played again in the Championship game and probably should have won. That was "The Catch" year. The regular season matchup doesn't matter.

The Jets beat 3 winning, or good teams this season. Tell me again why this matters? The Jets are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'm just happy we have one of the best teams in the league. We'll see what happens against Buffalo, Miami, and Philly. I think we go 2-1 or 3-0. Beat Detroit and Seattle.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NE Patriots for what, 15 years beat up on the weakest division in the NFL for all those years as well. Where rarely any of those other teams finished above .500 or barely over it.
I say that without really looking it up. Anyway we know how NE dominated that division, then how successful they were in the playoffs as well.

I am pretty sure they had many seasons of only winning against a few .500 teams or better.

This is why I never concern myself with that nonsense. It is just a "dislikers" mentality I guess.
Make the playoffs, be on hot streak, and be healthy.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Yes, Boys are 8-3.

But lost in all the division talk is the inconvenient fact that the Cowboys have not beaten a single team with a winning record. Not a one.

That's not their fault - the schedule maker gave them a whole lot of cupcakes the first three months of the season, and they have for the most part walloped the bottom feeders on their schedule, save the horribly damaging failure in AZ.

Now let's see how they do against some better competition remaining. Only then will we get a true sense of whether they are a legit contender or not.

Yes, they played the Eagles tight -- but so what. So did the Commanders, TWICE. And Wash lost to the Giants' backup QBs, TWICE.

And Dallas didn't look like they belonged on the same field with SF, the only other decent team they have played.

I for one am very interested to see whether this team is for real. The next month will be revealing.
The jury is NOT out. They are still sitting in the courtroom waiting for more evidence to be presented.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The jury is NOT out. They are still sitting in the courtroom waiting for more evidence to be presented.
Yeah, but it is not the typical ... jury of your peers .... crowd. There are more against than for, for a fair trial. :muttley:

Status
Not open for further replies.