Just a Coupla Thoughts:

kskboys

Reaction score
1. No, we still don't have a starting quality NT on the roster. I tried to watch Ridge closely in last game, and from what I saw, he is purely and simply too slow for the NFL. He has zero burst off the snap.

And when we tried to UT's(Under Tackles) at the same time, SEA ran right thru the middle.

2. I'm not sure we have an NFL quality backup QB on the roster. I sure didn't see it.

3. LOoooooooooover our RB's. Both of 'em.

4. Bland is a starting CB. Dude can play. He and Diggs.

5. Our OL needs the guys who were sitting out. They blew. No holes, no protection.

6. OMG, finally, a S!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank bog they didn't listen to these boards, where so many do not comprehend moving a college CB to S. Dude can play.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ridgeway has been a disappointment.

On the other hand a 5th round pick should not be counted on to make an immediate impact.
Nope. While I did have some hopes, his slowness is just too much. What he is doesn't work at the NFL level. It'd be much better if he were 4 inches shorter, as he's also having leverage problems. He's a bit tall for NT.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
1. No, we still don't have a starting quality NT on the roster. I tried to watch Ridge closely in last game, and from what I saw, he is purely and simply too slow for the NFL. He has zero burst off the snap.

And when we tried to UT's(Under Tackles) at the same time, SEA ran right thru the middle.

2. I'm not sure we have an NFL quality backup QB on the roster. I sure didn't see it.

3. LOoooooooooover our RB's. Both of 'em.

4. Bland is a starting CB. Dude can play. He and Diggs.

5. Our OL needs the guys who were sitting out. They blew. No holes, no protection.

6. OMG, finally, a S!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank bog they didn't listen to these boards, where so many do not comprehend moving a college CB to S. Dude can play.
Ridgeway needs a year to develop but you have to admit that Bohannon looks like a different player. 1 tech is the weakness of the defense so I agree with you.

conner01

Reaction score

On the other hand a 5th round pick should not be counted on to make an immediate impact.
NT is a really tough position to play at this level
Very few have much impact early, and especially late round guys
I think Bo will be the NT and ridgeway will be on PS
Bo looks much better than last year and risdgeway could be much better next year

Big D

Reaction score
Gallimore is our guy this year. He looks like he's ready to me. Give Ridgeway another year in the system to bulk up. It's unrealistic to expect kid to come fresh out of school and start bullying grown men. Not going to happen.

fivetwos

Reaction score
NT is a really tough position to play at this level
Very few have much impact early, and especially late round guys
I think Bo will be the NT and ridgeway will be on PS
Bo looks much better than last year and risdgeway could be much better next year
Looked to me like he was pushed around a bit.

He will add strength over the offseason and hopefully make that dramatic first to second year improvement....which I'm very much hoping for from OO and Bo this year.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have no idea what people expected of Ridgeway but expecting him to be the answer at NT in year one is wishful thinking. Ridgeway looks like Bohanna last year. But look at Bohanna this year. I would give Ridgeway another year or two and we could have a very nice pair of DTs to stuff the run.

I am happy with the rookie class overall but it is preseason. We need to see them play against starting plays of other teams. We have seen rookies or young players excel in preseason before only to soil the sheets in the regular season.

I do think the Cowboys will have to make some tough cuts though. Thee are WRs and LBs who are close in ability. Some will have to go and I would not want to be the guy making those choices. It may come down to the intangibles.

Cumart21

Reaction score
Bland might be the 4th best CB on the roster right now. Let's not rush it beyond that. Agree on the backup QB situation although it's hard to evaluate them as well as the WR because our preseason OL was awful (as we all know).

quickccc

Reaction score

All due respect i think you guys may have put yourselves in position to be disappointed about Ridgeway ...
Especially with linemen, usually late round picks like that take much more developmental time to all adjusted to the nuisances of the NFL level.

- Unless it's far more highly regarded, prominent prospect such as a Vita Vea or maybe Jordan Davis, ,, late bloomers are not gonna usually
hit the ground running ..

- i was probably Bohanna's biggest critic at season's end. But he was showing me a much more improved player who was
moving down the line and shooting gaps as he had never done before in any game last year.
In fact i critized him for always being on the ground and being moved out from side to side whenever he was in there.

-Only thing Bohanna had going for him, is for one so mammoth in size, he actually moves very well, and has pursuit range.

- But a full year of game experience, a strong offseason program and further coached up could have did wonders for Quinton.
The same may likely have to be said about Ridgeway... but unlike Bohanna, we may not have the luxury of placing him on
the practice squad for some team likely swooping him up off waivers or pouching him off our practice squad.

fivetwos

Reaction score
All due respect i think you guys may have put yourselves in position to be disappointed about Ridgeway ...
Especially with linemen, usually late round picks like that take much more developmental time to all adjusted to the nuisances of the NFL level.

- Unless it's far more highly regarded, prominent prospect such as a Vita Vea or maybe Jordan Davis, ,, late bloomers are not gonna usually
hit the ground running ..

- i was probably Bohanna's biggest critic at season's end. But he was showing me a much more improved player who was
moving down the line and shooting gaps as he had never done before in any game last year.
In fact i critized him for always being on the ground and being moved out from side to side whenever he was in there.

-Only thing Bohanna had going for him, is for one so mammoth in size, he actually moves very well, and has pursuit range.

- But a full year of game experience, a strong offseason program and further coached up could have did wonders for Quinton.
The same may likely have to be said about Ridgeway... but unlike Bohanna, we may not have the luxury of placing him on
the practice squad for some team likely swooping him up off waivers or pouching him off our practice squad.
Yes on Ridgeway. Read my subsequent post

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just mentioned in another thread that Ridgeway played some OT in high school. Give him a shot there!
e7d9c4f4d7be44d6c24f3651dea4a1e6.jpeg

DuncanIso

Reaction score

his conditioning is not the best.

needs more upper body strength too.

They can work with him though.